Reaction score
You're just mad you wasted a 1st on Percy Harvin

I will say tho, kudos on the Marshawn lynch trade. What was it a 2nd? Fkn genius

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We will see. I didn't like the harvin trade originally. But we will see how he pans out. We desperately need a WR. He's back this week.

Reaction score
I officially will be rooting for only Globo Gym from here on out.

shutterstock14581192copy.jpg

Reaction score
I watched a few videos on the Panthers' site last night.

I gotta say, it is really nice to hear people excited about a team. There's a "Panther's Huddle" segment with three media types talking about the team for about 15 minutes. Their enthusiasm is refreshing.

I also really enjoyed listening to Rivera's press conference. He answers questions rather directly and doesn't shy away from mentioning particular players' mistakes, but also praises them in a balanced way too. He had some interesting things to say about keeping players in competition for their positions.

One thing that I really liked about this particular press conference is that Rivera mentioned rhythm, as in the rhythm of the game and how offenses need to get in rhythm. IMO, this is something that Garrett fails to adequately appreciate. Garrett places such an emphasis on perfecting each individual play that he appears to be tone deaf about continuity and the big picture. Anyway, Rivera "gets it" and it is nice to hear him speak of it.

Another thing about Rivera -- I think he's really quite bright. For me, he doesn't give that impression immediately, but as you listen to him speak, he'll drop some pretty decent vocabulary words into his answers from time to time. Just spontaneously. It took me a bit by surprise to be honest. Clearly this guy is more than a stereotypical former jock.

It is also quite nice to hear a head coach speak more like a normal person during a press conference instead of the weird Dale Carnegie thing that Garrett does.

Reaction score
I'm excited about the future of my Tennessee Vols.

I can't wait to learn the name of at least one of their players.

Woohoo

Reaction score
It is time we renamed this forum "randomNFLteamyousupportuniverse"

It isn't a crazy idea for a forum to have fans of different teams ... all contributing and discussing things. Back in the USENET days (early 1990's) there were at least a couple of football forums/groups organized like that.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
LOL @ the Purple Cobras...

And yeah ZC, that's why I was saying I like Rivera. I guess it was last year or two years ago when we played them, I listened to all his PCs, the media conference call, all that. He's a smart, likable guy and he has cred as a player for probably the best defense of all time and a guy who also has paid his dues as a coach. What's crazy is that his assistants are complete castoffs, Mike Shula and Sean McDermott!

Reaction score
After MB4 declared his allegiance for the Jets, I was very curious which avatar he'd choose.

So many candidates:

1. A traditional logo (which was his choice)
2. A current or past version of the Jets' helmet
3. A classic photo of Joe Namath
4. A football card featuring MB3's Dad
5. Feet

Reaction score
After MB4 declared his allegiance for the Jets, I was very curious which avatar he'd choose.

So many candidates:

1. A traditional logo (which was his choice)
2. A current or past version of the Jets' helmet
3. A classic photo of Joe Namath
4. A football card featuring MB3's Dad
5. Feet

:lol

Reaction score
I hit up a browns forum. We all really like Coach Chudinski, and this Mingo character could be a hell of a player. Plus it looks like we fleeced the Colts for Richardson.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I guess all of are jumping off the ship.

I'll just stay put and rearrange the chairs.

Top Bottom