Reaction score
It sucks that this forum is devoted to such a bad team. I like visiting this forum, but I'm quickly losing interest in the Cowboys.

After 40+ years of being a very avid fan, I'm closer than ever before to being done with the Cowboys. At the very least, a trial separation seems likely.

Reading what many of you have posted in recent weeks, it seems several of you are having the same reaction about Jerry's club.

If I were to quit the Cowboys, I'm not sure that I'd be ready to stop being a football fan. I've been a Cowboys fan for most of my life. The problem is that I don't actually like the team anymore (nor do I particularly like the revised NFL game all that much).

I'm thinking about picking another team. I've liked Cam Newton for a few years, so if I were to pick a new team, it'd be the Carolina Panthers.

If you were to adopt a different NFL team, which one would it be?

Reaction score
I float around between entertaining teams each season. I've really enjoyed watching Seattle and Denver at various points of the year. I typically follow certain players too. It's fun to watch AD, Megatron, and Lynch for instance.

I will always care for Dallas the most, but I certainly won't let some inept clown like Jason Garrett control my mood on Sundays. I've had that attitude since he got the job, so I'm numb to all of this now. It's not shocking that a guy with zero nfl experience can't coach. It's our personal choice whether to be delusional about it or not though.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Watching this team the past few years is like watching your sister become a crack whore.
Sis keeps saying all the right things like she's going to rehab or finding the Lord but she keeps sucking dick and smoking rock.
And there's nothing you can do about it.
It's apparent to everyone that Jerry will keep giving lip service(I just want to win)as long as the coffers are full.
If he gets to sell team mechandise and pay off his building with special events,he'll never change.
This team is going to be irrelevant for the foreseeable future.
I don't want to root for another team,I want to root for the Cowboys.
Too bad I just don't give a fuck right now.

Reaction score
I might just jump ship and go back to the college ranks and give the Vols my attention.

They suck now, but they have a good coach and seem to be heading in the right direction as far as recruiting is concerned.

But truthfully I don't love football like I used to. I planned to watch football all day yesterday, but got bored watching the games and spent most of my time watching Forensic Files reruns.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It would be hard to have a new "favorite team", I'm just way too loyal to the Cowboys.

If anything, I could see me becoming disinterested like I did with baseball. I'm still a Dodgers fan but the time (and money) spent on them is almost down to zero. Basketball and the Lakers are on their way to casual interest as welll.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd pull for the Saints. They have some amazing fans and s tough blue collar team.

It beats our fans and our country club atmosphere. I'm so sick of this fucking team I could puke.

I may not watch another game this year.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
ive had this conversation with myself multiple times in the last month or so...i would definitely adopt the seahawks...i love wilson...been a fan of his since he was at NC State...more importantly, i love the way they play football...cracking defense and smashmouth offense...i am also jealous of the 12th man...

not a fan of their jerseys though...but i dont really care about that

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I've had a wandering eye, too. Some I've followed a little the last couple of years:

Houston -- I get them on TV every week, I love their schemes on both offense and defense, and have spent some time in the city.

St Louis -- I like Fisher a lot. Loved when his Titans teams would have those super-physical games with Pitt and New England in his heyday. But I can't get into a dome team. I hate artificial turf and especially domes. (Another thing to dislike about Jerryworld.)

Browns -- They're a classic old franchise with a storied past who are now a longtime doormat, and I like rooting for the underdog. Plus I kind of liked Weeden in college. But I read a few message boards and their fans seem like degenerates. Something about that Rust Belt mentality or something.

Funny you mentioned Carolina, because I've thought for a couple years I could really like them. I'm not some big Cam Newton fan, but I like that he's kind of an unconventional QB because I think that adds some variety to the pro game. I do love how they play really good defense now, and they're an outdoor team on a grass field. Plus from what I've read and heard from Rivera, I like him.

The weird thing is, I've always liked underdog type teams who sort of operate intelligently under the radar without a lot of hype, and I like outdoor teams who play on grass fields. Which obviously couldn't be more opposite from the Cowboys. But they're the local team and back in the day it was sort of inconceivable to not root for them if you liked football.

In the end, though, I can't get that into any of these. I'll just have to wait out the Red Jesus era and hope things get better.

Last edited:

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Fisher in St Louis just doesn't seem right. He's an outdoor blue collar coach.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
It would be hard to have a new "favorite team", I'm just way too loyal to the Cowboys.

If anything, I could see me becoming disinterested like I did with baseball. I'm still a Dodgers fan but the time (and money) spent on them is almost down to zero. Basketball and the Lakers are on their way to casual interest as welll.

Pretty much this. I could never root for another team after rooting for this one for 30 years.

I would just quit the NFL altogether.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Watching this team the past few years is like watching your sister become a crack whore.

LOL

I am following the Chiefs for now. A team that has sucked for years and has risen from the grave of mediocrity.

Reaction score
I never thought I could jump ship on the Cowboys ... while growing up I watched Staubach's entire Cowboys career and the greats that he played with (Lilly, Green, Renfro, Dorsett, etc.). But pretty much the only thing that today's team has in common with any of Landry's is the uniform. I enjoyed the 90's immensely too, but again, today's team doesn't have much at all in common with Jimmy's.

At some point, is the game day uniform really enough to warrant "loyalty"? Does that game day uniform really mean enough to root for Jerry Jones's plaything?

SixIsBetter's "your sister becoming a crack whore" analogy works for me in this case.

Like many of you I'm rather numb to the team now too; the outcome don't matter all that much to me at this point. I'm often disinterested / bored while watching their games. I need to do something else (web-surfing) while the games are on. And although being numb is better than being demoralized, there is more to life (and leisure-time) than just being numb.

I'd like to be able to watch a team and to get into their games again. I'd like to enjoy watching football on Sunday's again. What's the point of being a disengaged fan?

The idea of just watching certain entertaining teams doesn't do it for me. For me to be into a team, I need to know the team pretty well. Who is in their front office. Backgrounds of most of the players. Etc. ... more than what you'd get from watching a network broadcast. Following the particular team has got to be a hobby of sorts.

ThoughtExperiment -- Another thing about Carolina -- they are not so different from the Dallas Cowboys teams that I started watching as a kid. They are one of the youngest franchises in the league, they've lost at least one championship but they haven't won a championship (yet), and they seem to be on the build. Whereas the Cowboys are a stale franchise clearly in decline, the Panthers have a freshness about themselves now. They appear to be in the process of learning how to become a winner. I find that appealing.

I also have the advantage of no longer living in Dallas. It would be easy for me to tune out the team from where I now live. I don't get any Cowboys news from the local media.

Reaction score
That's the thing it's not about entitlement or quitting.

people could get behind a scrappy underdog rebuilding type team if they had an arc. we're being held hostage like a bunch of fucking suckers Right now with this franchise. We're just a nothing team

Reaction score
I'd consider a team like the Browns or Jaguars. Teams that suck, but have some building blocks. Won't be accused of being a bandwagon fan.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I keep seeing Saints window flags driving by and I'm thinking to myself "Why do we have to be this bad every year? Why can't that be us?"

I've never been more disgusted with this team than I am now. I doubt I'll ever completely recover.

Reaction score
I'd consider a team like the Browns or Jaguars. Teams that suck, but have some building blocks. Won't be accused of being a bandwagon fan.

The Jaguars are a possibility for me. I'm in their "local area" and get all of their games on local TV. The problem with them, besides being absolutely unwatchable, is that by they time they get good, they'll probably be in LA or London. And their two-tone helmets are really dreadful. I did listen to their game yesterday, though, while running errands in my car. It was on local radio. The team was pretty psyched for their first win.

Atlanta is my other "local area" team. They just don't do anything for me. Never have.

Top Bottom