ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I checked out the Carolina Panthers site last night. The site isn't as extensive as the Cowboys'. The Panthers don't have the same sort of hour long daily radio-like sports talk programs that the Cowboys do (no Spagnola must be a positive), but there is some decent coverage (player and coach interviews, etc.).

The Panthers are at home next Monday night against the Patriots. Should be a good game.
Actually that should be an awesome game. So glad it's Monday night so I can actually see it. I was looking forward to their game with San Fran last week, but it wasn't on here... Our Fox picked up the awful Giants/Raiders game instead, I guess for Cowboys fans to watch.

On this thread topic, posted it before but got to mention this one more time... Last year Ben and Skin had on some fans who started this little local movement a couple years ago to boycott Jerry Jones and find a new team. They tried to find a team not too far away so they could drive there a couple times a year, and didn't want to pick Houston or New Orleans because they didn't want to be bandwaggoners. They picked the Chiefs. Ben and Skin were almost laughing at them, saying ha ha, you picked a new team worse than the Cowboys! They haven't won a game yet! And they said yeah, that sucks but at least with this team we know if things get bad enough, they'll make changes. With Jerry, there never will be real change.

They def are getting the last laugh now.

So see, finding a new team can pay off.

Reaction score
Re: what's on local TV.

I've found that following an out-of-market team isn't that difficult. Sure, it is a bit of a hassle, but I'm used to it by now. I've lived far from Dallas for decades and have used a variety of methods to see Dallas games and to keep up with news about the team.

Exchanging an in-market team for an out-of-market team has some disadvantages, but changing one out-of-market team for another isn't a big deal. At all.

By the way, I've decided that I want a Panthers cap and t-shirt for Christmas.

Charlotte is as far from me as is Atlanta (each about 3 and a half hours).

Jacksonville is only two hours away, but I don't think I can do the Jaguars. I just can't stomach that two-tone helmet of theirs. If they change their helmet and draft a quality QB, maybe they'll become my second team. Behind the Panthers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can't pick a new NFL team. But I will pull for the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl this year.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Re: what's on local TV.

I've found that following an out-of-market team isn't that difficult. Sure, it is a bit of a hassle, but I'm used to it by now. I've lived far from Dallas for decades and have used a variety of methods to see Dallas games and to keep up with news about the team.
Yeah, the Cowboys have always been the local team so I've never had to get Sunday Ticket or anything like that. I know most people on here follow the team from across the country, but I think my team would have to be fairly close.

I've actually made a change like this before. I was a big Mavericks fan ever since I was a kid, but Mark Cuban and a couple players on the team I didn't like finally wore me out and about six or seven years or so ago I drifted away from them. I've spent quite a bit of time in Oklahoma City, so when they came to town I started following them. I liked that they were underdogs and I was happy for the city that they got a pro team. (And that was when they were horrible, and before the Mavs had won their title, so not only was it not bandwaggoning on the new team, but the Mavs won the title a couple years later so my timing was terrible. LOL) But I could still get the Thunder games on the radio in the car and could hear talk about them during the day if I wanted to. I know most people don't live anywhere near the DFW area but I don't think I could do that and still enjoy it the way I do.

Sad thing is, with my other teams being the Rangers and Thunder, their exceptional GMs and overall management only emphasize what a lousy job Jerry does in that department. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of Cowboys fans who like, say, the Spurs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm going with the Browns, guys. I'm living in Cleveland, so I'll fit in and make friends. They suck as a franchise, so there is no bandwaggoning. They have some good players like Mingo and such, and two first round draft picks. Maybe they'll get Manziel. Yeah that would be cool. So until Jerry dies, I will be a Browns fan. Dallas will just be the nfc team I kind of follow.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not a big football fan anymore either.

I won't switch teams, but I won't waste anymore time on this joke of a franchise. And I sure as hell won't tell anyone I'm a Cowboys fan ever again. It's embarassing. I hope Karma bites Jerry and his stupid, arrogant sons in the ass starting now. It's been long overdue.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I've lost interest in this team. Until Jerry hires a real Head Coach and steps back I'm rooting for the Broncos!

Angrymesscan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'll root for whichever team my kid is playing for. If it's not the cowboys (which at this moment doesn't seem as far fetched), I could give two sh*ts about the NFL.

Reaction score
Yeah, the Cowboys have always been the local team so I've never had to get Sunday Ticket or anything like that. I know most people on here follow the team from across the country, but I think my team would have to be fairly close.

I've actually made a change like this before. I was a big Mavericks fan ever since I was a kid, but Mark Cuban and a couple players on the team I didn't like finally wore me out and about six or seven years or so ago I drifted away from them. I've spent quite a bit of time in Oklahoma City, so when they came to town I started following them. I liked that they were underdogs and I was happy for the city that they got a pro team. (And that was when they were horrible, and before the Mavs had won their title, so not only was it not bandwaggoning on the new team, but the Mavs won the title a couple years later so my timing was terrible. LOL) But I could still get the Thunder games on the radio in the car and could hear talk about them during the day if I wanted to. I know most people don't live anywhere near the DFW area but I don't think I could do that and still enjoy it the way I do.

Sad thing is, with my other teams being the Rangers and Thunder, their exceptional GMs and overall management only emphasize what a lousy job Jerry does in that department. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of Cowboys fans who like, say, the Spurs.
New theory. I'm gonna pick any team other than who Thought Experiment picks.

This should turn in to a shit talking thread about how bad our new teams would whip each other's new team's asses and the Cowboys asses.

Top Bottom