Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Let's be fair, its a lot easier for BB when he has Tom Brady attached to his hip. I just looked it up, prior to Tom Brady taking the field as the starter, Belichick's head coaching record was 41-57.

For some reason, he wasn't such a great head coach when his starting QB was Mike Tomczak, Todd Philcox, Mark Rypien, Kosar, Eric Zeier, Bledsoe, Testaverde.....what a shock.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
c'mon yimyammer you prick (haha) what you doing giving me a thumbs down. First time i ever got a thumbs down on this website. I look and see a red circle and i am like.."WTF is this stand for". And i see its you handing out a thumbs down.
:rofl3

nothing I said was factually incorrect. Belichick before Brady ever started a game, was 16 games under .500

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
c'mon yimyammer you prick (haha) what you doing giving me a thumbs down. First time i ever got a thumbs down on this website. I look and see a red circle and i am like.."WTF is this stand for". And i see its you handing out a thumbs down.
:rofl3

nothing I said was factually incorrect. Belichick before Brady ever started a game, was 16 games under .500

:lol: nothing personal

I'm too busy to give you a long winded rebuttal so the thumbs down was merely because I dont agree that Belichick has only won because of Brady and wouldn't have won without him. Brady is awesome too but I believe Belichick (& Adams) is the straw that stirs the Patriots drink. Brady was nothing when NE won the first super bowl. I believe the first win was because of the overall team Belichick built, their great D plus amazing coaching on his part to utilize the skill set Brady had at that point in time.

He went 11-5 with Matt Freaking Cassel (Did Cassel ever win a game in Dallas?)

He was on Parcells staff that won with a back up QB Jeff Hostetler after Phil Simms went down and Belichick is considered the architect of that SB win for the way he defensed the Bills. His game plan is in the Hall of Fame:

He also has a secret weapon most people have never heard of: Ernie Adams, see:

https://www.espn.com/espn/eticket/story?page=adams. (long but excellent read)

Bill and Ernie and not merely savants, they have been honing their craft since they were like 5 years old (IIRC, thats when Belichick started breaking down film with his dad who was a coach at West Point).

He had built an amazing staff in Cleveland (even beat the 90's Cowboys in 1994) and was turning the team around when the owner (who is very similar to jeri in his stupidity and ego) screwed that team up by moving and then fired the best coach they ever had. NFL Network made an entire show about Clevelands coaching staff at that time called A Football Life: Cleveland ’95. A few of the coaches on that staff:

OZZIE NEWSOME
NICK SABAN
THOMAS DIMITROFF
KIRK FERENTZ
JIM SCHWARTZ
SCOTT PIOLI

I'm pretty sure if Cleveland (then Baltimore) hadn't been saddled with a dumbass owner like Dallas has, those guys would have turned Cleveland around (and their fans must be absolutely sick about it)

I think Belichick has been head coach or on the coaching staff of 12 Super Bowls in his career and I dont think thats by accident

So I absolutely believe Belichick would be winning Super Bowls without Brady and depending upon how long he plans to coach, we may get to see him do it.

However, ymmv...

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
here is what I can say IMO about Tom Brady. For years, I resisted the urge to think he was the best QB ever. I always thought it was Montana. But a few years ago, I finally gave in....and not only do I think he is the best QB ever, but the best football player (offense, defense, ST) I have ever watched since I started watching in 1974. Now, people a little older than me, still maintain that Jim Brown is the best player ever--but I just never saw him play.

Never mind Brady's ability to throw and run the offense...but his motivational and leadership skills makes nearly ever player on their team better. I truly believe he does that. He lifts every player.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
here is what I can say IMO about Tom Brady. For years, I resisted the urge to think he was the best QB ever. I always thought it was Montana. But a few years ago, I finally gave in....and not only do I think he is the best QB ever, but the best football player (offense, defense, ST) I have ever watched since I started watching in 1974. Now, people a little older than me, still maintain that Jim Brown is the best player ever--but I just never saw him play.

Never mind Brady's ability to throw and run the offense...but his motivational and leadership skills makes nearly ever player on their team better. I truly believe he does that. He lifts every player.

Please don't misunderstand my post, the point was not to slam Brady as I think he's amazing and a freak of nature if for no other reason than his ability to adhere to his crazy diet. His competitiveness and work ethic are off the charts. He's a winner and deserves all the kudos.

Pairing him with Belichick is like pouring gas on a fire (& vice versa)

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Another chance for Cooper to (finally) have a big game on the road. Another chance to beat a team with a winning record.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Let's be fair, its a lot easier for BB when he has Tom Brady attached to his hip. I just looked it up, prior to Tom Brady taking the field as the starter, Belichick's head coaching record was 41-57.

For some reason, he wasn't such a great head coach when his starting QB was Mike Tomczak, Todd Philcox, Mark Rypien, Kosar, Eric Zeier, Bledsoe, Testaverde.....what a shock.

This would have more merit except for the fact Brady has been the QB virtually his entire stay in New England. The one time Brady had a long term injury (essentially missed the 2008 season) Matt Cassell won 11 games and Pats made the playoffs.

Belichick also made the playoffs in 1994 with Testaverde as the QB. Vinny of course was a massive bust in Tampa.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you dont need to look at stats to see how well-coached the patriots have consistently been for 20 years

Top Bottom