dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

good thing we didn't sign him to a pricey extension

Yeah I get that, but how much of that is due to the Cowboys basically insisting Zeke keep his weight up to better handle the workload. They did the same thing to Murray when he was here. Both gained weight to handle the physical pounding.

Contrary to what the idiots at CZ say, Zeke is not fat, or even close to it. What he is bulked up. I would think a new staff might come in here and tell him to drop 5-7lbs or so and regain some of the quickness. (somebody like say, Urban Meyer)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
and while we are bitching, how bad was Sean Lee last night? Wow.

As good as he was Monday night vs NYG, he was every bit as bad last night. Maybe his body had just not recovered yet with the somewhat shorter week, but he did look pretty awful.

Other than Lawrence honestly nobody on the defense really showed up. Quinn had the one sack and a couple of pressures, but even after the Vikes lost a starting interior OL we didn't take advantage vs the run or pass.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I also put on weight to handle the workload .. in the bedroom.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So apparently Garrett is out there today saying Austin may have decided to FC that ball on his own, says they discussed the options before the play.

If its true, then Austin should be off the team by the end of the day. Its one of the few things he was supposed to be really good at, and it was clearly teed up to succeed with how it developed and was blocked.

I have my doubts it was true though, you just don't know with a slimeball like Garrett.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dbair why are you manufacturing these dumbass excuses ???

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
jerry commonly does this... but garrett routinely has pulled a rabbit out of his ass just before the shit-canning chatter reaches peak levels

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Vikings called 10 straight running plays on the next drive. Ten straight. Culminating in a touchdown that put the Vikings ahead for good.

“It just breaks your will,” coach Mike Zimmer told reporters after the game. “That’s the one thing with football. It’s a tough sport and if you allow people to run the ball like that against you, then it really deflates you, I think.”

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
1st off, I wanna say congrats on sweeping my pathetic Pygmies for the 3rd straight yr, your team & Philly have been my team's daddy's for yrs & hence why I call my team the Pygmies, cuz they play small & weak against you guys. I hope that our loss to the Jests solidifies a top 3 pick for us next yr as I really don't see us beating Miami nor the Skins & finishing 2-14. Now on to your game last nite vs Minny. On that final drive, I think the mindset of coach clapper was to try & score while leaving as little time on the clock for Minny to come back to score cuz he had zero faith that your D could hold them from scoring if he left a min+ on the clock, so he got cute & tried to see if Ewok could get him a 1st dn that could milk more time off the clock & still allow your team to score the winning TD with under 30 secs left in the game. Unlike my putrid D on Monday nite, the Vikes front 7 set out to shut out Ewok & let Dak try & beat em. The almost 400yds Dak put up is kinda misleading because it's obvious that the Vikes game plan defensively was to not allow your run game to beat em so they were stacking 8 in the box almost all night. Had they played a more basic D with just 7 in the box, he might not have put up the yds he did but you may have ran for more yds on the ground. Your run D has been a weak point of your D for most of the season & should you make the playoffs, it will be your demise once again as a run heavy team will gash em like the Rams did last yr in the div rd. You are 5-4 with all 5 wins vs teams ( Pygmies 2x, Fish/Skins) that are either bottom of the trash pile or just mediocre such as Philly is. Your 3 losses have been to NO/GB/Minn, 3 contenders & 1 inexcusable loss to the Jets, which I think will come back to bite your team in the end.. In your final 7 games you have Det/NE on the rd, Buffalo /Rams /Philly, those to me are gonna be tough games for your team. Bears/Skins look to be your only easy games left. How much faith do you guys have that this team wins 5 of the last 7 to finish 10-6?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Garrett is throwing Kellen Moore under the bus and reminding everyone that Kellen called the plays last night

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Well after how bad the defense played for the vast majority of the game, it's sorta understandable.

I was ok with the first run. The 2nd one and then the 4th down sideline pass to the RB were just disgusting.

Everything this team does once a game kicks off reeks of "loser", and it's because we have the ultimate loser moron as owner/GM, with the ultimate loser moron alongside him as HC.
Yup I felt 1 running play was fine but then go back to what got you down there
And a sideline pass to Zeke should be your last fucken' option...

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have to say I like the run call on 2nd down , just too see if maybe zeke could pound out 2 yds and we get a cheap 1st down . However the 3rd down run play was awfullllllll . And a terrible 4th down play to boot. And where was RPO with a Prescott keeper ?????🤔
Said the EXACT same thing at the time
RPO with Dak on that 3rd down play would have satisfied at least the thought that they had said hummm maybe just maybe!!! but no!!!!
Zeke should have been Dak's 18th read not first...I would have forced that thing to Coop, Jarwin or Gallup
Oh and since I have not seen it brought up, what was up with Witten getting mauled in the end zone with no call!!! did they call incidental contact?

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Oh and since I have not seen it brought up, what was up with Witten getting mauled in the end zone with no call!!! did they call incidental contact?

I really didn't give the Witten play much thought. I thought maybe their feet got tangled or he slipped. I don't know if the announcers said too much about it, can't remember. But I am not a great one to comment as I am SO SICK of all the PI calls. There are way too many. Every damn receiver gets to his feet and motions for a flag. I am all for letting them play.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So apparently Garrett is out there today saying Austin may have decided to FC that ball on his own, says they discussed the options before the play.

If its true, then Austin should be off the team by the end of the day. Its one of the few things he was supposed to be really good at, and it was clearly teed up to succeed with how it developed and was blocked.

I have my doubts it was true though, you just don't know with a slimeball like Garrett.

according to a post from your favorite Cowboy forum:

According to Jeff Cavanaugh on 103.5 the fan. Tavon Austin told him “I did what I was told to do” on the punt return......

Top Bottom