dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bad coaching shows up in a number of ways, but not being able to block and tackle are the two main areas, and the two things that all good teams do.

We are neither. Despite having a sledge hammer RB our run system is almost all finesse. And the insanely bad tackling has been going on for years and was about as bad as it could ever be last night when they missed what seemed like a gazillion tackles.

Bad coaching also shows up in pressure time, when the "braintrust" of the staff always seems to make poor decisions or mismanage even the most basic situations. And yet 9 years into the "process" The Clapper manage to show us every week that he is STILL learning how to be a HC.

Jerseycowboysfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Tony romo had to deal with way worse . Tony had no offensive line IE ( Doug Free pass to the QB ). He had 1 running back in Demarco Murray for like 2 seasons. 1 wideout 1 tight end . The worst defense in the history of the NFL YES WE SET THE RECORD !!! But one thing they all have in common is they were all coached by Jason Garrett and ran by that old liver spot in the booth .

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my humble thoughts from last nights game:

- im happy that we signed zeke to that contract because boy that guy is a difference-maker and hes only going to get better with age

- glad connor williams put on all that extra weight in the off season, hes gonna need like 4 more off season of the same regimen, but hes getting close

- good idea for the cowboys to have austin fair catch it in an extremely opportunistic & tempting situation. better field position is overrated. especially compared to a head case like austin. you never know when he could go off. gotta make sure you keep him under your thumb and he'll do what hes told no matter how stupid the orders are. vintage garrett move i love it

- i could mention 1st down runs being ineffective, but every run was ineffective. so why not burn your most ineffective plays on early downs? thats a master class in cutting the fat. compliments of chef garrett... lol hes been doing this longer than some of you have been alive *chef kiss*

- im convinced marinelli has done all he can w/ teaching the talent he has available on the D-line. its time he put his pads on and show them how its done. id like to imagine it would go very similarly to mr miyagi beating up those guys at the gas station. fighting not good. somebody always get hurt.

- was NBC the only people that knew about kurt cousins being a super-QB when rolling to his left ?? man..... i wish we practiced defensive plays to help contain that. seems like that wouldve been helpful

- i emailed jerry this morning about considering to file a greivence w/ the NFL competition committee. i think teams should not be allowed to run tosses and screens when the other teams DBs cannot tackle. sorry, opposing head coaches but you gotta think of something else. nobody likes a 13yr old who runs the same play w/ 2004 michael vick on madden

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The run blocking was 100% garbage the entire game. We never adjusted and barely had any "wins" up front. They just collectively got whipped badly
very reminiscent of the Saints game. I guess they're not athletic/nimble enough to run screens, either.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK, which one of you fucktards wants to try and convince me again that Saquan Barkley is way better than Zeke.

Yes, the Saquan that had 13 carries for 1 (yes that's ONE, as in a single) yard against the Jets.

Hey but he is fast, and stuff.
attn - dbair

check out the bell cow making the most out of his carries

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
6d80e38089cbeb1ec174581e3f510fd1.jpg

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
With the way this team has played and the clear lack of motivation/emotion (on both sides of the ball) I think it is clear that the next head coach is NOT currently part of this team. Boot em out the fucking door one fraud at a time....Garrett then Marinelli then Moore then Richard. Boom, boom, boom and boom.

This isn't just because of the Vikings game. This is based also on not showing up in the first half against Packers, Dolphins, Jets. Last night's game is just the clincher. At best, the Vikings are a fringe playoff team that will lose by double digits in their first playoff game and for Dallas not to be able to beat them, at home, is an embarrassment.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tony romo had to deal with way worse . Tony had no offensive line IE ( Doug Free pass to the QB ). He had 1 running back in Demarco Murray for like 2 seasons. 1 wideout 1 tight end . The worst defense in the history of the NFL YES WE SET THE RECORD !!! But one thing they all have in common is they were all coached by Jason Garrett and ran by that old liver spot in the booth .

Romo had plenty of talent around him for most of his years as a starter, he came up small in big games numerous times. He may have been a better pure passer than Prescott but he was nowhere near the onfield/lockerroom leader he is.

Also he had more power with Jones than any player in history other than maybe Troy, and Romo sat by and didn't say a damn word about Garrett's bad coaching. All he had to do for us to be rid of Garrett was tell Jerry and spawn that there was no way he was signing any contract extensions or restructuring in-force deals until he did something about the coaching. He did nothing, either because winning didn't matter than much to him or he genuinely believed Garrett was doing a good job.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
very reminiscent of the Saints game. I guess they're not athletic/nimble enough to run screens, either.

Yeah no screens or draw plays, despite playing a team with a front 7-8 that seemed only determined to go straight into the backfield as quick as possible. Who'd ever think those plays might be effective against it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Not sure what Baldinger meant there, it was 100% clear the Vikes whole defensive game plan was to take Zeke out of the game, so they clearly thought he could beat them. They played that was for 60 minutes and it opened up a ton of passing opportunities for Prescott and our receivers and they torched their secondary. Had it not been for the usual Cowboy coaching fuckiupism on the next to last drive, Prescott would have carried the team to victory.

Top Bottom