MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Summers are brutal here in Texas however this is what the weather is like for most of winter. This is what the weather is like for us in DFW.
1250b724a850c7aa2d2a6ca39f389ac4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It’s a nice crisp 36 degrees here in LA this morning at 7am.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had to dig out and had a hard time getting my car out of my driveway even with a 4 wheel drive vehicle. 30 plus inches of snow......and some more expected on Friday and over the weekend. Just a couple of inches from what I saw but that on top of the existing snowfall will be a pain in the ass.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I had to dig out and had a hard time getting my car out of my driveway even with a 4 wheel drive vehicle. 30 plus inches of snow......and some more expected on Friday and over the weekend. Just a couple of inches from what I saw but that on top of the existing snowfall will be a pain in the ass.

where are you?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
70s here, clear blue sky, very light wind.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
They are forecasting 15° F here in Southeast Texas on Monday night. It has not gotten that cold in decades. Heck we are even forecast to get a little bit of snow on Monday. I know people up North hate snow but it is a rare treat down here in the armpit of Texas.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
For all Polar Vortexes and snow, I offer you the 1973 live version of "No Quarter" by Led Zeppelin, released in 1976:

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Winter Storm Uri | Arctic Air Clashing with Gulf Air | Potential Historic Major Ice & Snowstorm

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
They are now forecasting for us to get a "wintery mix" rather than just snow. Hopefully the "mix" is more snow than rain and hopefully we do not have a frickin ice storm. I do not want the power to go out. My house is all electric so I would not have a way to heat my house. . We are not used to nor prepared for temperatures in the teens in this area.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We are not used to nor prepared for temperatures in the teens in this area.
Fizeyew I'd be worryin more about mah water pipes. Up here we git purty damn cold and we know about those and what they do when thay get pist off from bein' too cold. They buss. So we insulate the sumbitches and let water come from the faucets in a light piss stream when it's really cold. I ain't had one buss since the 80s.

We also keep stuff in our houses for when we don't have lectricity or gas, they call 'em blankets we also put on extra socks and dress in layers. I also have battery powered LED lighting for just such an event. I'm all electric too.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Fizeyew I'd be worryin more about mah water pipes. Up here we git purty damn cold and we know about those and what they do when thay get pist off from bein' too cold. They buss. So we insulate the sumbitches and let water come from the faucets in a light piss stream when it's really cold. I ain't had one buss since the 80s.

We also keep stuff in our houses for when we don't have lectricity or gas, they call 'em blankets we also put on extra socks and dress in layers. I also have battery powered LED lighting for just such an event. I'm all electric too.
I have been busy preparing for the deep freeze all day. I had to drive up to Toledo Bend reservoir this morning to take care of the well at our camp. I had it "winterized" already but only for temps just below freezing. It is supposed to be below 15° up there so did a lot more to it. I also worked on insulating my pipes here at my house a little better as well as my in-laws. Tomorrow morning my wife want me to cover all the landscaping. Sounds like a ton of fun.

I brought our small electric heaters back from the camp. They can be run via a generator if necessary. I got to go stock up on gas for the generator in the morning like I do for every damn tropical system that heads our way. One of these days I am going to have a generator that will power my entire house so i do not have to worry about shit like this.

Top Bottom