Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And.... Lost on almost everyone else is, this whole situation happened because of appeasement. Couldn't just stuff the thug into the car with people watching while he falsely complained about "claustrophobia." HAD to appease him and the crowd, and deviate from procedure. THAT is what led to everything that followed.

Truth.....there's a dark underside to policing and the truth is that it's ugly when someone is non-compliant.

I wouldn't even stop a car if I was a police officer in this environment. Crime is on the rise and criminals are getting more brazen knowing full well the police are on the defensive.

Burn it down....burn it all down. I don't give two shits.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The hypocrisy on the left knows no bounds

This bitch right here requested Police protection before taking to the streets and calling for more violence

Of course she is from CA. CA is a fucking disease that can’t be cured and is spreading to the rest of the country. There must be something in the water here that causes Californians to think the way they do. And yes I say this as a Californian. Not all of us think like these idiots. But the majority of ppl in this state do.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The police should have rewarded her by pledging their protection, then abandoning their weapons and lie on the ground while angry people shitstomp her.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like a verdict has been reached and will be announced before 5 EST today. Not a good sign for the defense.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It'll all be overturned on appeal. No way this is a fair trial if the jury wasn't sequestered. There's a dozen other grounds.

Appeasement for now might keep the city from burning.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It'll all be overturned on appeal. No way this is a fair trial if the jury wasn't sequestered. There's a dozen other grounds.

Appeasement for now might keep the city from burning.

Respectfully disagree Dooms. It'll never be overturned. The reality is that there was enough evidence to convict Chauvin. I don't believe the man woke up that morning to hurt anyone and I don't think his intent was to kill Floyd but the way he tactically handled the situation when Floyd was in handcuffs and laying on the ground is just too high a bar to overcome.

Did Floyd contribute to his own death? You bet but that's something that will be overlooked at sentencing. And that's where the real travesty of justice will take place. Chauvin is going to be the sacraficial lamb; he'll do more time in prison than convicted and premeditated killers. Repeat offenders get a slap on the wrist but this guy is going to pay a high price.

The ultimate victim is the CJ system. It's been irreparably damaged by both George Floyd and Derek Chauvin. Unfortunately, crime will continue to go up and all of this will negatively affect the dolts who are burning their cities and protesting. And our kids will be discussing the same issues about poverty, inner-city violence, black on black crime, crime statistics, lack of parenting, single parents, and so on when they are our age. Nothing will change until these communities change and stop blaming everyone else for their plight while waiting for a handout.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree Dooms. It'll never be overturned. The reality is that there was enough evidence to convict Chauvin. I don't believe the man woke up that morning to hurt anyone and I don't think his intent was to kill Floyd but the way he tactically handled the situation when Floyd was in handcuffs and laying on the ground is just too high a bar to overcome.
None of this speaks to what the appeals will bring if the lawyers are competent. Yes the cop was an idiot and also indifferent to the well being of the suspect, but that's beside the point of a fair trial.

Kevinicus

Spectator
Reaction score

Did Floyd contribute to his own death? You bet but that's something that will be overlooked at sentencing. And that's where the real travesty of justice will take place. Chauvin is going to be the sacraficial lamb; he'll do more time in prison than convicted and premeditated killers. Repeat offenders get a slap on the wrist but this guy is going to pay a high price.

The ultimate victim is the CJ system. It's been irreparably damaged by both George Floyd and Derek Chauvin. Unfortunately, crime will continue to go up and all of this will negatively affect the dolts who are burning their cities and protesting. And our kids will be discussing the same issues about poverty, inner-city violence, black on black crime, crime statistics, lack of parenting, single parents, and so on when they are our age. Nothing will change until these communities change and stop blaming everyone else for their plight while waiting for a handout.
Going by the language of the statutes, the only one that was reasonable was the manslaughter charge. Even if you assume that the death was 100% a result of Chauvin.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
None of this speaks to what the appeals will bring if the lawyers are competent. Yes the cop was an idiot and also indifferent to the well being of the suspect, but that's beside the point of a fair trial.

I wasn't thrilled with his attorney and I thought he lacked any fire and passion. He was timid. And that's a bad combination when anyone is on trial for his life. I've seen better.....far better who represented far worse people.

Also, don't get me wrong. I believe there is plenty of evidence for appeal. The trial should have had a different venue. I just don't believe anyone has the courage left to do the right thing.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Going by the language of the statutes, the only one that was reasonable was the manslaughter charge. Even if you assume that the death was 100% a result of Chauvin.

You may be right. But as I said to Dooms, no one will have the courage needed. No one. Zero. Zilch.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Also, don't get me wrong. I believe there is plenty of evidence for appeal. The trial should have had a different venue. I just don't believe anyone has the courage left to do the right thing.
Yes the venue not changed, jurors not sequestered, incompetent defense, there's a list. As to the bolded, I am sure it will be tested in the appeals courts.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Yes the venue not changed, jurors not sequestered, incompetent defense, there's a list. As to the bolded, I am sure it will be tested in the appeals courts.
The left wing mob will try to bully the appeals court to ensure they get their way.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Now that the left wing nut job rage mob knows they can sway juries despite evidence there may never be another truly fair trial.

Edit: using both "left wing" and "nut job" as descriptors is redundant. By saying "left wing" the "nut job" part is automatically implied.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I do not understand how all 3 charges can be true at the same time.

The charges overlap, but the judges instructions to the jury were to consider each charge separately. He told them Chauvin could be guilty of none or all of the charges. It does seem like he was charged with multiple crimes for the same actions, otherwise known as overcharging.

Top Bottom