yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It’ll be resolved exactly the way God said it will be resolved.

Psalm 83
Daniel 11
Ezekiel 38-39
Zecheriah 12
Matthew 24
Revelation 6-20

To name a few.
skud missile would have worked too

• Lulz
Reactions: VTA

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
:D

Gov. Greg Abbott

Today, I met with President Biden during his first visit to the border.

I hand-delivered a letter asking him to do his constitutional duty to secure our border and keep Texans — and Americans — safe.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice letter, but just words.

Dumbass should have deployed National Guard and State Police there at the fist sign of trouble.
He finally deployed the guard to the border and all they do is help the illegals when they cross. They're not border defense in any sense of the word. I have no idea what this guy is doing but he's weak.

touchdown

Reaction score
NOTAM = Notice to Airmen... it's just a generic term...

Ever hear of the rank of "Airman" in the USAF????

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The Biden admin recently revealed that they are exploring the possibility of banning gas stoves and heaters in homes because a single study linked burning natural gas with childhood asthma. At the same time, the blithering idiot AOC tweeted that NO2 (nitrogen dioxide), a byproduct of burning natural gas, has a detrimental effect on cognitive abilities, presumably from first hand experience. She claims to have an economics decree, but then tweeted "unemployment is low because people have 2 and 3 jobs". We have to presume she also has degrees in chemistry and physiology to come up with he new theories.

After reading the study that started this nonsense here are some facts to remember before we set off banning natural gas stoves, ovens and heaters.

The study clearly stated that venting gas stoves mitigates the risk. Not all gas stoves in homes are equipped with exhaust fans, but many are. It is certainly cheaper to provide venting than it is to remove an entire stove and replace it with an electric version, and also provide the 220 v electrical source required for electric ovens and stoves.

All gas heating in homes is ventilated by code. Therefore there is no need to ban it.

The study that started this debate does not pose an explanation for the childhood asthma cases. What in the gas byproducts causes asthma is not identified. Honestly I am not even sure how they came up with this garbage. Beware of studies that rely solely on statistical methods and involve no scientific observation.

As for NO2, which is a product of combining N2 and O2, Nitrogen is a found in all raw natural gas. Texas natural gas, for example, can be as much as 25% N2 when it is mined. But there are already regulations requiring natural gas producers to remove most of the Nitrogen from natural gas before it is delivered to homes. NO2 is considered a noxious gas at certain concentrations, mostly because of the damage it can do to lungs. The EPA never refers to any effect on the brain or cognition. Today, natural gas can contain no more than about 3% nitrogen. Isn't the easier solution to just remove more of the N2 from natural gas to appease AOC's pea brain? and BTW, the EPA has already established a safe standard for N2 in natural gas.

Another fact, the amount of NO2 inside a home with gas appliances and proper ventilation is no greater than the concentration of NO2 outside in the air you breath when you leave your home. AOC really should leave this to the experts.

I have a gas stove, gas oven, and gas heat in my home I have an exhaust fan over my stove to remove smoke that will set off my fire alarms. I also have an electric wall oven w/ microwave combination. He is what I know. Living in the North East where we sometimes get some bad weather, my electric oven is useless when we lose power. My gas stove can be lit manually. The same is true for my gas heat. I am grateful for my gas stove when the power goes out for extended periods of time.

touchdown

Reaction score
The Biden admin recently revealed that they are exploring the possibility of banning gas stoves and heaters in homes because a single study linked burning natural gas with childhood asthma. At the same time, the blithering idiot AOC tweeted that NO2 (nitrogen dioxide), a byproduct of burning natural gas, has a detrimental effect on cognitive abilities, presumably from first hand experience. She claims to have an economics decree, but then tweeted "unemployment is low because people have 2 and 3 jobs". We have to presume she also has degrees in chemistry and physiology to come up with he new theories.

After reading the study that started this nonsense here are some facts to remember before we set off banning natural gas stoves, ovens and heaters.

The study clearly stated that venting gas stoves mitigates the risk. Not all gas stoves in homes are equipped with exhaust fans, but many are. It is certainly cheaper to provide venting than it is to remove an entire stove and replace it with an electric version, and also provide the 220 v electrical source required for electric ovens and stoves.

All gas heating in homes is ventilated by code. Therefore there is no need to ban it.

The study that started this debate does not pose an explanation for the childhood asthma cases. What in the gas byproducts causes asthma is not identified. Honestly I am not even sure how they came up with this garbage. Beware of studies that rely solely on statistical methods and involve no scientific observation.

As for NO2, which is a product of combining N2 and O2, Nitrogen is a found in all raw natural gas. Texas natural gas, for example, can be as much as 25% N2 when it is mined. But there are already regulations requiring natural gas producers to remove most of the Nitrogen from natural gas before it is delivered to homes. NO2 is considered a noxious gas at certain concentrations, mostly because of the damage it can do to lungs. The EPA never refers to any effect on the brain or cognition. Today, natural gas can contain no more than about 3% nitrogen. Isn't the easier solution to just remove more of the N2 from natural gas to appease AOC's pea brain? and BTW, the EPA has already established a safe standard for N2 in natural gas.

Another fact, the amount of NO2 inside a home with gas appliances and proper ventilation is no greater than the concentration of NO2 outside in the air you breath when you leave your home. AOC really should leave this to the experts.

I have a gas stove, gas oven, and gas heat in my home I have an exhaust fan over my stove to remove smoke that will set off my fire alarms. I also have an electric wall oven w/ microwave combination. He is what I know. Living in the North East where we sometimes get some bad weather, my electric oven is useless when we lose power. My gas stove can be lit manually. The same is true for my gas heat. I am grateful for my gas stove when the power goes out for extended periods of time.
Gas Stoves.png

touchdown

Reaction score

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score

I am continuing my research on the dangers of NO2 from gas stoves. I am having a hard time finding legitimate research on the subject. I have uncovered a few tidbits though. I think this concept that NO2 may cause cognitive decline comes from studies about air pollution. The assumption being if NO2 in air pollution causes cognitive decline then NO2 in air pollution is a danger. So the NO2 emitted from gas stoves while cooking must be equally dangerous. Not totally incorrect thinking. If A=C and B=C, then A=B. What is incorrect is thinking that the levels of NO2 are necessarily higher with gas stoves than the normal concentrations of NO2 in the atmosphere. The data on this is weak. And, since N2 is a component of our atmosphere, lightning creates NO2 in the atmosphere we breath ever day, indoors and out. Maybe AOC will suggest banning lightning too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited:
Top Bottom