maxdogg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Maybe it's Carrot bumped up to GM or some other FO job and Payton's coming in to be HC? Jerruh loves his pet Carrot too much to fire him, I'm convinced.
That would be one scenario that might make it happen. Lets hope.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I dont like paying RBs, even ones as talented as Zeke, and I do believe he is supremely talented. I'd try the tag here to and see if there is any drop off along the way.

Tag? Zeke shouldn't be a problem. This upcoming season is his 4th year and then Dallas can pick up the 5th year option. The Cowboys shouldn't have to worry about him until the 2021 season.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Tag? Zeke shouldn't be a problem. This upcoming season is his 4th year and then Dallas can pick up the 5th year option. The Cowboys shouldn't have to worry about him until the 2021 season.
Yeah we don't have to tag him... But my fear is these imbeciles are going to "pay the man" early, lock him up long term while we have fat cap.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Anybody heard the FAN in Dallasis floating the rumor Carot might be out and replaced by Payton? I'll believe it when I see it but one can only dream.

Yeah CZ had a thread up about it but they moved it, or deleted it. I think there were several people who heard the report so I suspect it wasn't a completely made up thing.

There are some speculating that Payton has the right to void his existing contract if there's an ownership change. I haven't seen that confirmed but it's been posted in several places. I don't know why they'd have hired Kitna as QB coach though if they thought Payton was coming, unless Payton ok'd it first.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
More likely that Jerruh gets drunk on two bottles of Johnny Walker and goes overboard on his yacht in rough waters, and nobody can find him.
Until his drunk, bearded down to his knees idiot self stumbles in two years later right before we kick off the Super Bowl, firing Garrett's replacement, appointing himself coach and we lose by a fourth and goal interception...

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This could be us 1 day, jerry... if only you would put your pride aside & get out of the godamn way

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yeah we don't have to tag him... But my fear is these imbeciles are going to "pay the man" early, lock him up long term while we have fat cap.

I don't think Dallas needs to give him a contract. After 5 years put him on the non exclusive franchise tag and move on after that. Running backs don't have a long shelf life in most cases. No need to be breaking the bank for a 26-27 year old RB.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't think Dallas needs to give him a contract. After 5 years put him on the non exclusive franchise tag and move on after that. Running backs don't have a long shelf life in most cases. No need to be breaking the bank for a 26-27 year old RB.
You know that, I know that, we all here know that.... Jerruh doesn't. He thinks every back we draft = Emmitt.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This could be us 1 day, jerry... if only you would put your pride aside & get out of the godamn way

It was us and that fucker ruined it all.

a little over 30 years ago I was here and it was glorious:

THE LOUD CROWD - 60,000 or so frenzied fans give Cowboys rousing send-off to game in San
Francisco
Dallas Morning News, The (TX) (Published as The Dallas Morning News) - January 15, 1993
Author/Byline: Sylvia Martinez, Staff Writer of The Dallas Morning News Edition: HOME FINAL
Section: NEWS
Page: 1A
IRVING -- It was the largest, loudest and no doubt the longest pep rally in Dallas Cowboys football history.
For 2 1/2 hours Thursday night, a screaming, sign-waving crowd packed Texas Stadium to give their 'Boys a proper send-off west to San Francisco and Sunday's NFC Championship Game.

"This is what football and the NFL is all about,' said Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

Former Cowboys quarterback Roger Staubach said the rally could make a difference on the scoreboard Sunday.
"I think if we'd had a pep rally like this we would have beat the Steelers' in Super Bowl XIII, said Mr. Staubach, who will represent the Cowboys at Sunday's coin toss.

Tony Dorsett, the Cowboys' all-time leading rusher, agreed.

"I think Roger's right, if we'd had this kind of send-off, I don't think we would have ever lost that game,' he said. "I don't think there's anything like this in the NFL, and I don't think there ever will be.'

The crowd was estimated at 60,000 to 80,000, depending on who was counting.

"It exceeded my expectations. This is the largest crowd we've ever had in Texas Stadium,' Mr. Jones proudly proclaimed.

Master of ceremonies and longtime Cowboys announcer Brad Sham told the throng it was 60,000 strong, but Mr. Jones said the crowd inside the stadium numbered 70,000 with an additional 10,000 people milling outside.

The pep rally featured a fireworks show, the prancing and dancing Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, country music by Southern Wind and Jerry Jeff Walker, a demonstration by defensive back Kenneth Gant of his trademark strut, and lots of short speeches from mayors, Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson and the Cowboys themselves.

The crowd gave Cowboy Michael Irvin bragging rights.

"We have more people here than most teams have at football games,' he told the crowd. "That's why most teams are home and we're going to San Francisco. For those of you I don't see in San Francisco, I'll see you in Pasadena.'

Mr. Jones said he was pleased with the showing. The fans couldn't have agreed more.
"I wish we had a bigger stadium to put more people in,' said Lina Reinhardt of Irving, who was waving a Cowboys flag and sporting star- shaped earrings.

Among the first fans to arrive were buddies Derek Milam, 20, and Michael Mosley, 19. Instead of the ever-present Cowboys jerseys and sweat shirts, the two Garland men wore blue and silver stars on their bare bellies and streaks across their faces. They took turns painting fabric paint on each other with toothbrushes before arriving at the stadium at 4 p.m. The two nearly hoarse fans said they expect their faces and bellies to be blue for a couple of days after they wash them.

"But it will be worth it if they win,' said Mr. Milam.

Twelve-year-old Bryan Savage of Garland also was blue. He used a paint kit he received in his Christmas stocking to paint his face blue and two white stars around his eyes. While some fans can claim to be longtime Cowboys fans, Bryan probably got the earliest start.

"I've been a Cowboys fan since I was born,' said the Rockwall student, who was dressed in Cowboys gear from head to toe and will be in San Francisco for Sunday's game.

His 14-year-old brother, Randy, admitted he didn't become a fan until Mr. Jones bought the 'Boys in late 1988.
Cowboys fans said they hope the team will be able to step out from under the cloud of the heart-breaking loss they suffered in the NFC Championship Game 11 years ago against the 49ers, who won on a spectacular touchdown catch.

"I think it's time to put that catch behind them,' said Mr. Milam. "That was 11 years ago -- that was another whole
generation.'

Mr. Dorsett agreed, saying there's only one thing the Cowboys can do to fix that.
"The boys have to go out there and finish the job that we didn't do and that's beat San Francisco's butt,' he said. "Since this thing has been brought back, that's the only resort.

Attachments

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This Carrot led NFC Pro Bowl team is quite impressive
Yeah the pro bowl is tailor made for Carrot's entire idea of football. Winning is far back on the list, well behind having fun, nyuk-nyuk and "innovations" like having your own star RB in there playing defensive tackle.

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm watching the Pro Bowl on DVR so I'm behind you guys likely. I just saw Brian Urlacher in Cowboys gear. Strange.

Top Bottom