Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Eagles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
of course we all hate Philly. The issue is that the refs kept the flags in their pockets all game but then decided to pull it out the final 2 minutes with the game on the line. It's something we've seen over and over and over again. The refs insert themselves into the end result. And that's the rub.

The hold was not blatant and did not warrant a flag. I was glad when the refs threw it because I hate Philly, despise their bitch HC, and didn't want to see them win. But that was a bad call. We've discussed it here many times over the season. The NFL has an officiating problem.
I didn't watch it live but I saw the clip and he obviously held Dodger, it was so obvious the player even said it was the right call. It wasn't a bad call, it was the right call. Had he not held, the guy probably would have been wide open and scored an easy TD.

Now its fair to say if they were calling the game one way and then waited till the end to flag that, but there's plenty of examples in the postseason of "letting them play" at the end at it really costing the one team where the flag was ignored (ex- Saints vs Rams, Deion against Irvin)

Your last comment I totally agree with, but not because of this example.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I highly doubt they're in any serious trouble in today's environment....they should be though. And you're right that if they're students, they should be expelled. But this is the mentality we've created by being soft on crime.
Philly is as soft as their cream cheese on crime

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This was a block party near Temple University. The car these fans overturned belonged to a handicapped man. They tore the mirrors off & smashed the windows. The neighborhood started a Go Fund Me to raise money so this poor man can have transportation. They have footage & these guys are in big trouble. IF, they're Temple students, the could also be expelled. Sad!
What a crock. These people should get hard time and tons of really shitty community service, in addition to having to replace this poor man's vehicle.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ummm….

No

I’m not going to monitor myself as to not offend YOUR delicate sensibilities. That shit ain’t gonna happen my dear.

and if someone using the word fuck in a context that isn’t directed towards you actually offends you, then maybe this forum isn’t a safe space for you.
I forgot to add...

with all due respect

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I just noticed something

Right after the game I made post #55 which basically read….

Because fuck the Eagles

That’s why!

Which is nearly identical and the same post in spirit that offended you.

The interesting thing I noticed is that 7 ppl liked that post (which is nearly all of our daily/regular posters)

The funny thing about it is that YOU were one of the ppl who liked the post.

So you can take your BS fake outrage elsewhere!
508d30ff27ffd82d17e6321158af60c6.jpg

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't watch it live but I saw the clip and he obviously held Dodger, it was so obvious the player even said it was the right call. It wasn't a bad call, it was the right call. Had he not held, the guy probably would have been wide open and scored an easy TD.

Now its fair to say if they were calling the game one way and then waited till the end to flag that, but there's plenty of examples in the postseason of "letting them play" at the end at it really costing the one team where the flag was ignored (ex- Saints vs Rams, Deion against Irvin)

Your last comment I totally agree with, but not because of this example.

The player took the high road. But there's obviously backlash over the call or we wouldn't be talking about it. You can't keep your flag in your pocket all game then insert yourself into the outcome at the 2 minute warning without it being real blatent. It was ticky tacky and nothing like the Sanders/Irvin non call.

Top Bottom