What do you think happens w/ Romo this year

• Total voters

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
To be fair, the Defense had quit on Phillips. Romo was actually playing pretty ok during that stretch.

While somewhat true, Kitna's numbers ended up coming in almost exactly where Romo's were.

And Dez Bryant missed the last 4 games that year too.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I have been saying for weeks to not extend him and put us deeper into financial purgatory. We can franchise him if needed. Just like last year there are plenty of players available that could really help us but we can not afford them. We need to get back on solid financial footing.

Last edited:

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I am not advocating getting rid of him as some are, I am simply saying there is no reason to sign him to a long term extension right now. I am also in favor of drafting a QB early. I have given up on the Cowboys ever drafting quality O-line players so we might as well role the dice on some QB's rather than a pass blocking TE or other such nonsense.

Reaction score
Because Kitna was ancient.

I dont hate Romo at all. But the fact is we DID manage to win without him, on a worse team.

I wouldnt tarde him just for the sake of trading him either. But if we got the right offer I would strongly support it because of Romo's age, his likely contract demands and the potential crunch on the future cap and the fact that we really havent won THAT much with him.
He's not gonna get traded... it's probably not even talked about at VR.

I'm not even going to dignify your Kitna-Romo tangent with a substantive response, because it's that refuckintarded.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not even going to dignify your Kitna-Romo tangent with a substantive response, because it's that refuckintarded.

I guess, if you consider facts retarded counselor.

Go look at the numbers yourself. Kitna's numbers are very similar. He isnt as talented a player either, and for several games didnt have Dez Bryant.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He's not gonna get traded... it's probably not even talked about at VR.

He wont get it anyway. He props that 5-3 record out there constantly. No matter how many times you tell the guy the specifics of what happened down that stretch, it doesnt matter. going to throw that silly 5-3 back at you....

btw for the umpteenth time we didnt go 5-3 without romo.....garrett went 5-3 as head coach, the team was not 5-3 without romo..

i am done talking to a brick wall however.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He wont get it anyway. He props that 5-3 record out there constantly. No matter how many times you tell the guy the specifics of what happened down that stretch, it doesnt matter. going to throw that silly 5-3 back at you....

btw for the umpteenth time we didnt go 5-3 without romo.....garrett went 5-3 as head coach, the team was not 5-3 without romo..

i am done talking to a brick wall however.

Oh shit...you are right Theebs. We were 1-5 with Romo, not 1-7

doesnt really change the argument that much though

And as I mentioned previously, maybe the record would have ended up the same had Romo played the whole year (6-10), but it doesnt change the fact that WITHOUT Romo, and in a MUCH worse situation then than now, we did manage to win 5 games without him and the offense actually performed just as well, if not better for those final 8 games under Garrett

Reaction score
I guess, if you consider facts retarded counselor.

Go look at the numbers yourself. Kitna's numbers are very similar. He isnt as talented a player either, and for several games didnt have Dez Bryant.
The facts aren't just retarded. They are refuckintarded, because you're looking at them in a vacuum and discounting other refuckintarded facts.

You admit yourself he isn't as talented... end of story.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The facts aren't just retarded. They are refuckintarded, because you're looking at them in a vacuum and discounting other refuckintarded facts.

U mean Stephen McGee beating kolb and the Philly backups by a field goal doesn't mean romo sucks?

Who would have thought.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Good grief dude, you cant possibly be this naive

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
U mean Stephen McGee beating kolb and the Philly backups by a field goal doesn't mean romo sucks?

Who would have thought.

Totally miss the point there dont you?

Kitna numbers= similar or almost as good as Romo's for similar number of games

= Offense wont necessairly collapse without Romo

= team just doesnt win because of Romo

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Totally miss the point there dont you?

Kitna numbers= similar or almost as good as Romo's for similar number of games

= Offense wont necessairly collapse without Romo

= team just doesnt win because of Romo

As much as I loathe Garrett, I don't think Kitna or the team would have turned in similar numbers had Wade remained the head coach. His firing put a lot of players on notice, which led to better effort all around.

Reaction score
As much as I loathe Garrett, I don't think Kitna or the team would have turned in similar numbers had Wade remained the head coach. His firing put a lot of players on notice, which led to better effort all around.

No shit.

Teams frequently rebound and rally after an HC gets canned. Doesn't mean that coaches like Crennel or Garrett are qualified to be more than just coordinators, but it does show why teams like KC and Dallas are perennial doormats.

Reaction score
Good grief dude, you cant possibly be this naive
Judging from your post here, you have no idea what the word naive means.

Naive would be holding a belief that "we'll be just fine when Romo leaves, cuz Kitna," despite all the other shit we've seen since Aikman retired.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
And there's a reason why Romo asked back in during the broken rib game: because Kitna was spitting the bit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Judging from your post here, you have no idea what the word naive means.

Naive would be holding a belief that "we'll be just fine when Romo leaves, cuz Kitna," despite all the other shit we've seen since Aikman retired.

as opposed to the take you have, which is Romo is the only possible way we could have success, even when a backup QB of lesser ability put up similar numbers as he did and led the team to several wins

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And there's a reason why Romo asked back in during the broken rib game: because Kitna was spitting the bit.

So the belief is that whomever might take Romo's place here now, would be in as bad a shape as Kitna was in 2011?

Top Bottom