dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Other than Johnny Walker GM, nobody in the world gives two shits about McClain.

He was never coming back regardless.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It won't matter. His contract is up this off-season. He will be suspended well into next year.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm merging these RoMac threads. We don't need multiple threads on this fuck.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Lucky for us Jaylon Smith's nerve has started to officially re-fire

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Report: Nerve has begun to regenerate in knee of Jaylon Smith
Patrik Walker - 57 minutes ago 0
Newsletter

Things just reportedly took a monumental turn for the positive when it comes to Dallas Cowboys linebacker Jaylon Smith.

The rookie has been battling to return to football after an injury suffered in January that tore both his ACL and MCL, leaving nerve damage behind. Originally predicted by many to not see the field until 2017, if then, it's being reported by former Cowboys VP of Player Personnel Gil Brandt that the nerve in Smith's knee has already begun to regenerate.

The Cowboys are an insane 9-1 after plucking the Baltimore Ravens! Don’t miss any breaking news, take a second to sign up for our FREE Cowboys newsletter!

Brandt states owner Jerry Jones advised him Smith is indeed making progress, and the first-year LB himself confirmed it as true.

On Monday, EVP Stephen Jones stated the team planned to activate Smith from the NFI with the NFL's deadline of Tuesday only 24 hours away. Should the team not do so, Smith would not be able to play for the Cowboys in 2016.

Making the move to activate the 34th overall pick would leave the door open for a potential return to football this season for the rookie, and add some additional firepower to a Cowboys LB corps that needs it.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
it's being reported by former Cowboys VP of Player Personnel Gil Brandt that the nerve in Smith's knee has already begun to regenerate.

dude, Brandt said that like a month ago, and it's never been confirmed by the team.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Cant imagine Jerry and his ego not wanting to announce that himself. That is the kind of "look at me" and "see how smart I am" moment he just cant resist.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Another report stated that he has already been moved to active

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Another report stated that he has already been moved to active

He was moved off NFI, I think they have 3 week exemption where he can practice (which reportedly isn't going to happen)

After the exemption period they either have to move him to 53 or IR.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He was moved off NFI, I think they have 3 week exemption where he can practice (which reportedly isn't going to happen)

After the exemption period they either have to move him to 53 or IR.

Sounds like they're kicking the can down the road and in true jeri fashion, still hoping to hit a gusher on this longshot this season

kind of like clinging to the hope last year of Romo coming back and saving the day AFTER his second injury

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like they're kicking the can down the road and in true jeri fashion, still hoping to hit a gusher on this longshot this season

kind of like clinging to the hope last year of Romo coming back and saving the day AFTER his second injury

As mediocre as this defense is, you can hardly blame them for stretching this out as long as possible this year.

Even if he returned at 80% of the player he was at Notre Dame, it'd be a significant upgrade for the defense.

I doubt he plays this year, but waiting 3 more weeks to make sure he doesn't recover enough to get on the field isn't hurting the team in any way.

Top Bottom