yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And if this is true, and I don't doubt it much, it just proves what an incredible cheap-ass Billionaire Jerry is.

Guarantee you if he's trying to get Jason to quit it's solely because he doesn't want to pay him. Just fire the guy already eat the money, you dumbass.

One more thing... It was reported yesterday that Norv said he didn't want any part of the drama at two places: New York and Dallas. Plus we've heard that Norv was bitter about not getting the job in 2007/ Jerry saying RJ would have to call plays if he took it. So I don't know if Norv "hates" Jerry, but there's plenty of evidence he'd rather be somewhere else.

Do you have a source for this? (Not doubting you, I'd just like to read more about it)

The entertainment value of the Cowboys has less to do with football with each passing day, smh.......

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Never said it was face to face

Was dropping f bombs the entire phone conversation and was saying that he's being made to look like a fool

Ahh I see

Ironic I dropped f bombs constantly watching his defense in action

Reaction score
Thanks bkeavs for posting that. Sounds like Mortensen is backing up what you're saying.

Also, I've known bkeavs for going on 5 years on a number of different forums. He's never pulled the "sources" routine or otherwise sought internet head pats like some Hostile does at every turn.

Not saying he's legit, because how could we ever know. Just saying I'll give him the benefit of the doubt unless he gets egg on his face like Hostile does all the time.

Reaction score
I wonder how Hostile is spinning this. Jesus Christ how many times can that guy be proven wrong with all his BS insider talk before people start to see through his act.

fuggin pathetic

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Broaddus basically told me yes if this Jerry-Jason-John thing is an issue

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
628x471.jpg

"Let me assure Cowboy fans everywhere that Jason will have the final say over roster decisions and the coaching staff, with the possible exceptions of RB coach, defensive coordinator, offensive playcaller, and TE coach."

Reaction score
The power struggle between Jerry and Jason

January, 12, 2013
Jan 12

1:48

PM CT

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com
Recommend0
Tweet5
Comments1
Email
Print

It seems the moves Jerry Jones talked about making when the season ended are taking shape. Gone is running backs coach Skip Peete. Gone is defensive coordinator Rob Ryan.

On Friday, the Cowboys hired veteran coach Monte Kiffin to run the defense in place of Ryan. Now comes word from ESPN's Chris Mortensen this morning that tight ends coach John Garrett is looking for other gigs or might be pushed out by Jones.

John Garrett, the older brother of head coach Jason Garrett, almost left last season when he interviewed for the Miami Dolphins offensive coordinators position. John Garrett stayed and received a promotion if you will, a title, by being named passing game coordinator in addition to his tight end duties.

It seems Jones wants to make more changes and he wants John Garrett out of here and if that's the case, there might be a power struggle between the head coach and the owner.

Jason Garrett knows what he's doing in terms of running a football team. However, his game-day operations: play calling and game management skills aren't the best in the world. He could get better, but when you have an owner that wants results now after consecutive seasons of finishing 8-8, change is coming.

Garrett is a process guy. Sometimes when you're a process guy it takes time. It goes slowly. The NFL is not a slow league unless you're coaching in Pittsburgh, for the New York Giants and New England Patriots.

NFL owners want results and want them now.

Jones' changes with the staff, and it could lead to Garrett giving up the play calling duties, could mean a compromise on some issues.

Is Garrett trying to save face by keeping his play calling duties but letting his brother, John, go elsewhere?

Would Jones just take the play calling duties away from Garrett and also dump John Garrett too?

It would be hard to bring anyone else in to call the plays given the contract status of Bill Callahan, who has the most experience at that of anyone on the staff. Quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson is returning to the staff and is a calming influence for quarterback Tony Romo.

Would Garret give up the play calling duties for Wilson?

These are things to consider as the conference semifinals are ongoing this weekend.

The real story might be in Jerry Jones' office where he's trying to implement change regardless of who likes it.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Hos: "Power struggle? What power struggle? Jason is cool with all of these decisions."

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I agree that Hos is kinda pathetic. not sure why anyone believes anything he says. CZ should ban him.

back on topic...I think the writing is one the wall for JG. He is not allowed to hire his own coaches or call his own plays. There really is not much point in him being there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So are they trying to win games or protect Ginger's feelings here?

The two things are mutually exclusive because John, Wade Wilson and even Callahan have not done shit here. They could all be gone and it wouldn't effect a thing.

I def agree that Jerry is trying to save money here by keeping ginger around. This has to be a headache though. The GM shouldn't be in a power struggle to get a better coaching staff.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Per twitter

Hearing now that gruden and kiffen don't like each other, so gruden to Dallas is unlikely

Reaction score
Well, John got hired at UVA (a very shitty barely D1 program) based on connections with Al Groh.

Groh himself was about to be fired almost every season from '06 on, so John surely wouldn't have been employed at all if he stuck it out there. He had zero nfl opportunities. Hell after UVA finally canned the staff, Groh himself barely caught on as a coordinator at GA tech and he was fired mid-season. That whole UVA staff will be coaching DIII or high school soon.

This was John's only shot and he damn sure took it. My problem is, as a fan, where in any of that story does it show he was ever qualified to work in the pros? It's not anomaly that we haven't developed TEs here. This is all just nepotism and back scratching.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well, John got hired at UVA (a very shitty barely D1 program) based on connections with Al Groh.

Groh himself was about to be fired almost every season from '06 on, so John surely wouldn't have been employed at all if he stuck it out there. He had zero nfl opportunities. Hell after UVA finally canned the staff, Groh himself barely caught on as a coordinator at GA tech and he was fired mid-season. That whole UVA staff will be coaching DIII or high school soon.

This was John's only shot and he damn sure took it. My problem is, as a fan, where in any of that story does it show he was ever qualified to work in the pros? It's not anomaly that we haven't developed TEs here. This is all just nepotism and back scratching.

What?

He spent 12 years In the nfl before Virginia.

He was a coach in cincy, then jake plummers qb coach in arz and then back with cincy as tight ends coach and then a scout

Your insane obsession with the Garrett's is frightening

Top Bottom