bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
I have never claimed to have a source or have ever pretended to know some inside information but here goes

My cousin works with Jason Garrett's best friend at Deutch Bank in NYC. They were college roommates at Princeton for 4 years and this is what his friend has told my cousin this past Friday

1 Jerry wants full sweep of all assistants including Garret's brother

2. Wants fans to think they are holding organization responsible for 8-8 season

3. Ryan firing was explosive. He did not leave quietly. Ryan thought it was bullshit stating injuries etc

4. Jerry wanted to hire Norv who Jason is good friends with but supposedly Norv hates Jerry and turned down offer

5. Garret upset with e sweep request of his assistants . He felt the team turned the corner in the last few weeks with his players. Believes they have a strong team, goodwill and bonding with the staff

6. Absolutely is refusing to let his brother go

7. Garret is very unhappy and thinking about all his options

it's nothing earth shattering our even news to us but the Garret being extremely unhappy was interesting and Norv hating Jerry

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Guess Mort is reporting they are trying to force John Garrett out, and that the hopes are JG quits over it?

FFS, just fire the guy if you dont want him as HC

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
5. Garret upset with e sweep request of his assistants . He felt the team turned the corner in the last few weeks with his players. Believes they have a strong team, goodwill and bonding with the staff
:jerkoff

7. Garret is very unhappy and thinking about all his options
Please God, please...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mort: Jones is pushing Garrett to give up play-calling duties

Posted by Mike Florio on January 12, 2013, 12:06 PM EST

Changes have indeed come to Valley Ranch.

Apart from the departure of defensive coordinator Rob Ryan and the change in philosophy from 3-4 to 4-3 with the arrival of Monte Kiffin, more seismic shifts are possible.

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, owner Jerry Jones is pushing coach Jason Garrett to relinquish play-calling duties. Per Mort, Jones also may be trying to get Garrett to fire his brother, tight ends coach John Garrett.

Mort says John Garrett is calling around the league regarding other available jobs. Which could indeed means that John Garrett fears his brother will fire him.

It also could mean that the Princeton-educated Garretts sense that Jones is trying to provoke a showdown that will result in Jason Garrett leaving as the head coach without Jones flat-out firing him. Indeed, it’s one thing for Jones to roll out of bed one morning and decide to make a coaching change. It’s quite another for Jones to want his head coach to make changes and for his coach to resist, creating an impasse that leads to only one logical conclusion.

Even if Jones is simply laying the foundation to justify a Jason-Garrett-for-Jon-Gruden swap, the issue of play-calling is legitimate. Too many times over the last two years has Garrett been unable to spin the big-picture plate of clock-management with the small-picture task of deciding what the next play will be. If, as I think I said at one point this year on Pro Football Talk on NBC Sports Network, you can’t walk and chew gum at the same time, don’t try.

So regardless of whether Jones is trying to nudge out Jason Garrett, there’s still a chance he’ll be gone sooner rather than later.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Guess Mort is reporting they are trying to force John Garrett out, and that the hopes are JG quits over it?

FFS, just fire the guy if you dont want him as HC

Exactly

And if that is the case now, than we will have yet another head coach at doesn't hire his DC

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And if this is true, and I don't doubt it much, it just proves what an incredible cheap-ass Billionaire Jerry is.

Guarantee you if he's trying to get Jason to quit it's solely because he doesn't want to pay him. Just fire the guy already eat the money, you dumbass.

One more thing... It was reported yesterday that Norv said he didn't want any part of the drama at two places: New York and Dallas. Plus we've heard that Norv was bitter about not getting the job in 2007/ Jerry saying RJ would have to call plays if he took it. So I don't know if Norv "hates" Jerry, but there's plenty of evidence he'd rather be somewhere else.

Last edited:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Dear God what a mess. Fire John Garrett yourself, Jerry. Don't try to make Red the executioner.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
How could Ryan had made a scene when he wasn't in the building.

It's obvious to everyone that Garrett has been given a year more and this time Jerry is hiring his staff.

If this is all true and Garrett is having assistants forced on him he should just leave amicably. There is no way he ever gets control back.

Broaddus said this morning that they are meeting on who will call plays today.

Whatever goodwill was built up at the end of the season and I do think it was, it's gone now anyway.

Yesterday morning Jason hatcher tweeted #loyalty, then tweeted later praising Ryan. Not that at he is a guy to listen to but still.

Seems we are being setup for a really really bad season next year.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We really are a joke. We hire a prehistoric DC who ran one of the worst defensive units in college football last year.

This team is close, or at least it could be, with some coaching changes and key personnel moves. Instead, we are going to botch the coaching hires and trot out a bunch of our back-up's from last year's team. What could go wrong?

Reaction score
Also, John Garrett has been a piece of shit coach for a long time. This is not some new development. They plucked that nigga from a very very crappy college football program where he was equally ineffective.

I love how they expected this goofyass dude--who looks and talks like a nerdy comic book lover--to come in and develop players. No shit that didnt pan out.

And for the last time, as someone with many athlete friends from Princeton let me just reiterate that going there doesn't mean you'll be a good coach. In fact, name one Super Bowl winning HC from a Ivy League program. There are none.

http://www.ivyleaguesports.com/spor...y_League_Football_Presence_in_Super_Bowl_XLVI

Look at how impressive a list that is. About 10 dudes...all in the HOF for sure. FFS.

Reaction score
Cowboys could be heading down a couple of 5-11 seasons. Team is getting older. You still haven’t developed a successor to Romo. Bad coaching hires. Bad ownership. Bad GM. You have a HC that has his balls cut off. I don’t even know what is going on? There is like no direction. Insanity. Just depressing.

Reaction score
Dear God.

I'm seriously considering taking next year off. It's hard to get excited about a team when you know Jerry is being Jerry. How on Earth is there any way he fixes the situation? The only solution to the problem appears to be his assassination or unfortunate poisoning.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys could be heading down a couple of 5-11 seasons. Team is getting older. You still haven’t developed a successor to Romo. Bad coaching hires. Bad ownership. Bad GM. You have a HC that has his balls cut off. I don’t even know what is going on? There is like no direction. Insanity. Just depressing.

On the contrary. Hos has stated repeatedly that we are headed in the right direction. The arrow is pointing up, Up, UP!

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
How could Ryan had made a scene when he wasn't in the building.

It's obvious to everyone that Garrett has been given a year more and this time Jerry is hiring his staff.

If this is all true and Garrett is having assistants forced on him he should just leave amicably. There is no way he ever gets control back.

Broaddus said this morning that they are meeting on who will call plays today.

Whatever goodwill was built up at the end of the season and I do think it was, it's gone now anyway.

Yesterday morning Jason hatcher tweeted #loyalty, then tweeted later praising Ryan. Not that at he is a guy to listen to but still.

Seems we are being setup for a really really bad season next year.

Never said it was face to face

Was dropping f bombs the entire phone conversation and was saying that he's being made to look like a fool

Top Bottom