bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Sparano returning. Not sure in what capacity but there is strong speculation in twitter universe it will happen

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sparano returning. Not sure in what capacity but there is strong speculation in twitter universe it will happen

He would be a great tight ends coach here again, or line coach.

The last 1000 yd rusher we had was jones in 06 under sporano coaching the line and calling plays.

Reaction score
Agreed. He's a good coach. The Cowboys best offense in years was with him and Garrett working together.

Jon Garrett has shown nothing. Couldn't get Bennett to do anything. Phillips hasn't progressed. Witten is Witten. He doesn't need coaching.

You could argue that and say John Garrett can't be faulted for Bennett and Phillips is what he is, but I'd argue that you certainly couldn't attribute him with anything positive. So it's time to go, IMO.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If he returns, consider me "sourced up".

Sparano coached my daughter's Uncle, (I was never married to her Mom) Roger Graham, at New Haven the year Roger won the Harlon Hill Trophy. Sparano is a solid assistant at this level and the players really like playing for him. If nothing else, Garrett will have a very experienced coaching staff around him and hopefully that will help him manage games (and the clock) better.

TheBoMartinShow

Spectator
Reaction score
this is actually really good stuff considering all the rumors circulating around. I don't know the validity of it obviously, but it does coincide with the reporting.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Agreed. He's a good coach. The Cowboys best offense in years was with him and Garrett working together.

Jon Garrett has shown nothing. Couldn't get Bennett to do anything. Phillips hasn't progressed. Witten is Witten. He doesn't need coaching.

You could argue that and say John Garrett can't be faulted for Bennett and Phillips is what he is, but I'd argue that you certainly couldn't attribute him with anything positive. So it's time to go, IMO.

You would think that with what Hannah has shown, that John Garrett would have been more proactive in showcasing him with Jason. Had he, maybe Hannah might have saved his job for him.

Reaction score
What?

He spent 12 years In the nfl before Virginia.

He was a coach in cincy, then jake plummers qb coach in arz and then back with cincy as tight ends coach and then a scout

Your insane obsession with the Garrett's is frightening

Thanks for the history lesson, Hos.

You're delusional. If he was qualified for the pros then why didnt he find work with 31 other teams after having all that experience? More importantly, if he was any good then why wasn't he ever promoted to anything more than just a positional coach?

People don't voluntarily go from the pros to shitty DI football programs (to take a unilateral job nonetheless) unless they have no other options.

Next time your feelings get hurt here and you flee whining to the zone with your tail tucked, remember to praise him as great coach though. You'll get tons of Internet props from idgit and co.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Thanks for the history lesson, Hos.

You're delusional. If he was qualified for the pros then why didnt he find work with 31 other teams after having all that experience? More importantly, if he was any good then why wasn't he ever promoted to anything more than just a positional coach?

People don't voluntarily go from the pros to shitty DI football programs (to take a unilateral job nonetheless) unless they have no other options.

Next time your feelings get hurt here and you flee whining to the zone with your tail tucked, remember to praise him as great coach though. You'll get tons of Internet props from idgit and co.

Ha

U think I didn't post here cause my feelings were hurt? Tail tucked? If so that's pretty funny.

When didi ever praise John as a great coach?

For the record, I like idgit he is a good dude and he is able to have a conversation about the team and the game.

U should try it sometime. Just cause its easy to be a fucktard like most here and complain doesn't mean u have to 24/7.

But that's why there are 10 members here though isn't?

Good dig with the tail tucked though, u can go High five the rest of them in the private threads if that is what u think.

Reaction score
For the record, I like idgit he is a good dude and he is able to have a conversation about the team and the game.

U should try it sometime.

Ironic. I just did that actually. You're only replying to one sentence of a larger post.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Idgit is a grade A moron. He's incapable of posting anything other than excuses for the Dallas Cowboys.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ironic. I just did that actually. You're only replying to one sentence of a larger post.

Your statement was John Garrett can't get an nfl job on his own.

I pointed out that he spent 12 years as an assistant and scout in the nfl with two different teams.

Ur response was go back to the zone and whine if John Garrett so much with idgit.

Yes excellent response.

But I know anyway, the Garrett's is the wurst.....that is all u post.

Reaction score
Your statement was John Garrett can't get an nfl job on his own.

I pointed out that he spent 12 years as an assistant and scout in the nfl with two different teams.

Ur response was go back to the zone and whine if John Garrett so much with idgit.

Yes excellent response.

But I know anyway, the Garrett's is the wurst.....that is all u post.

Was he pursued by other teams? He ended up at a college. That's called a washout.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm shocked that fans know so much about a nondescript guy like John Garrett.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Was he pursued by other teams? He ended up at a college. That's called a washout.

You know who he talked to and what his options were? I have no idea what they would have been let alone how to find out.

Ur smarter than I thought.

Reaction score
Are we going to find anything out tonight?

Wasn't the meeting between Jason and Jerry over playcalling today? Has any media guy tweeted anything?

Reaction score
You know who he talked to and what his options were? I have no idea what they would have been let alone how to find out.

Ur smarter than I thought.

So you'd voluntary go to a lower level of sport for a unilateral position? Doesn't take a genius to figure this out. HC or OC job is understandable.

Sorry homie sounds like you're just going out of your way to defend the company line. Spagnola taught you well.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So you'd voluntary go to a lower level of sport for a unilateral position? Doesn't take a genius to figure this out. HC or OC job is understandable.

Sorry homie sounds like you're just going out of your way to defend the company line. Spagnola taught you well.

Lol

Again I am not defending anything I have no idea what his options were at that time.

Nor do you.

More insults, cool.

Your almost as dumb as dcfanatic.

Top Bottom