Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Does anyone else on this board smoke meats?

With a large portion of you guys living in Texas I would imagine that there are a number of you that smoke meats regularly.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well we gotta do something out here. I can’t find edible bbq out here to save my life!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Well we gotta do something out here. I can’t find edible bbq out here to save my life!
Lots and lots here. Home cookin and retail. Best brisket in Texas is in Umbarger at the Rafter G's.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have had great brisket in Texas

Great pork in Memphis (both pulled pork and ribs)

I have never had any good bbq anywhere in CA.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Living very near the Texas/Louisana border I have grown to love smoked boudain. It is my favorite food. I am not sure if boudain is sold in other places farther away from Louisiana or not but I can say it is truly amazing after being cooked in a smoker. It is pretty good without the smoke for that matter but smoking it really makes it amazing.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The only place I’ve had good boudin is in Louisiana

A specialty butcher/meat market out here sells some that they make themselves as well as Andouille sausage. Neither of which are anything close or what I had in Louisiana. But at least I can find a close approximation of each if I need it for a recipe or have a craving

The one thing that is almost impossible to find here is Tasso Ham

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
09f6bcee2a516ba108062f7b6bd9c36f.png

Top Bottom