boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Ah so we have a few to go. Well you know special kid Moore will be one. Still want Carr back, maybe Claiborne can offset

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
just saw a tweet that the bills signed ryan davis.

we're losing war daddies left and right.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this just in from bleacher report: ravens expected to sign morris claiborne

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't know what to make of any of this. Claiborne was not reliable but he was good when healthy. Our D needed help to begin with and losing pieces, even the "lesser" ones, leaves us with voids to fill. Thanks God we have Garrett and McClay......

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
4-year, $17m ($9.5m guaranteed) "$5M signing bonus and $$9.5M guaranteed to stay in Dallas. Basically 2yrs/$9.5M, then pay as you go from there" -

Thats refreshing to see, I think this is a better way to manage the cap. Stop pushing the cap hit into the future and take the hit early so you have leverage over the player and can cut him if he doesn't perform but you need a big chunk of cap space to begin this process.

I really wish they would have used the 8-8 and 3-13 years to clear out the roster of dead weight and dead cap money so they could get a nice chunk of cap available (50+ million). Then they could spend it on bonuses each year (& have a big chunk again the next year) that can be completely absorbed in the first 2 years of a players contract so there is little to no dead or guaranteed money beyond year 2.

Wish I had time to do the math on this to show whether its doable. Seems like once you get ahead of the cap, you can stay ahead or you can stay behind like the cowboys always seem to be. When you're ahead, a team has cap room, flexibility and leverage over a player, when you're behind, you have none of the above.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Don't know what to make of any of this. Claiborne was not reliable but he was good when healthy. Our D needed help to begin with and losing pieces, even the "lesser" ones, leaves us with voids to fill. Thanks God we have Garrett and McClay......

Getting Carr back is almost a must. Carroll scares the shit out of me.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Getting Carr back is almost a must.

how pathetic is that? guy should been released two years ago. and enough with the "he may not get picks but he's a lockdown cover corner." horseshit.

Reaction score
The Chargers are releasing OT King Dunlap. Was ranked 53rd as far as OT's last year. Missed parts of the past two seasons because of injury.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It looks like we may end up with damn near an entirely new defense this season.

The only one I want back is Irving which is already signed because I believe he will get better and have better production this year with more snaps

And sad to say it but I would like Carr back for the simple fact that he NEVER misses a game due to injury. In fact he has never missed a game in his entire career. That is saying something. Sometimes the best ability is availability. And with all the missed games due to injury we had last year at least we could count on Carr to start and play every game.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's been three hours! Has he signed yet? Please?

9041ec98b84b08279a136caa1ba31d0c.jpg

Not final but looking good for the Cowboys!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It looks like we may end up with damn near an entirely new defense this season.
Hallelujah! It's about time we got rid of the Legion of Boobs. Best offseason we've had in years!

Reaction score
No one else is reporting it and Bloggingtheboys is a gay homer website so I don't buy it yet. But thanks for sharing.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Losing these players individually is not that big of a deal and in most cases, addition by subtraction but the overall amount of players lost is worrisome.

We're left with a lot of holes to fill with little cap space and a select few draft picks.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Losing these players individually is not that big of a deal and in most cases, addition by subtraction but the overall amount of players lost is worrisome.

We're left with a lot of holes to fill with little cap space and a select few draft picks.
We now know what Jerry's/Garrett's excuse will be when the team shit the bed and go 6-10 next season.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
We now know what Jerry's/Garrett's excuse will be when the team shit the bed and go 6-10 next season.

There's no fucking excuse for this.

The front office needed to be working at replacing these players over the last several years so it didn't hit us all at once.

Most of us have been calling for these guys to be replaced for awhile now.

Top Bottom