jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If think the signings are very good what Dallas is pulling off. It's going to add depth so we aren't in a position where players hold us hostage for new contracts. The lack of depth in some positions have forced Jerry to restructure contracts that shouldn't have been done

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How does Paea offer "solid upside?" He'll be 29 going into this coming season - which means he should already be in his prime, and he's been a virtual non-factor the past few years.

I'm a cynic when it comes to this team lately, but I don't think any of these moves improved our team at all.

Yeah I don't see Paea as an upgrade over McClain either. To me he's a camp body who might be decent depth.

Reaction score
If think the signings are very good what Dallas is pulling off. It's going to add depth so we aren't in a position where players hold us hostage for new contracts. The lack of depth in some positions have forced Jerry to restructure contracts that shouldn't have been done

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Fisher is as reliable as all those sourced up CZ idiots, which means he sux ass.

This dude doesn't know jack shit about what's going on with the Cowboys. A true loser in every sense.

He's also the source of my signature line... a "journalist" that misspells things on the RanchReport? Pathetic

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Did I read correctly that Paea had 49 reps on the bench press at the Combine? Not that, that means anything on the field but damn that a strong motherfucker if it's true. The only other thing I've heard about him is that Marinelli really likes him from their days in Chicago.

TWill really only does 1 thing really good and that's block. A lot of Zeke's long runs were helped out by TWill's blocking down field. So resigning him does help Zeke and I'm perfectly ok with that. Beasley is basically the #2 WR anyways.

The other two guys they signed... meh

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Moore is still only 24 despite being a 4 year veteran. He showed flashes of quality whenever I saw him with the Giants. He's from Desoto, so maybe returning home and being around friends and family will help him focus on football and maturing. I can see him being a George Selvie-type standard of player. Not a star, but a decent rotation guy.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So my contention is with a stronger WR on the outside at the number 2Wr, Dallas would have a better chance to be productive
Totally with you. I'm not saying he's good as a WR. Just that he has a defined role that works for this team, or has so far. It obviously wouldn't be the same if Dez or even Witten got hurt.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Moore is still only 24 despite being a 4 year veteran. He showed flashes of quality whenever I saw him with the Giants. He's from Desoto, so maybe returning home and being around friends and family will help him focus on football and maturing. I can see him being a George Selvie-type standard of player. Not a star, but a decent rotation guy.

Isn't that DE who's in rehab for us from Texas also?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Patriots made another addition, bringing in former Ravens defensive lineman Lawrence Guy in on a four-year contract worth up to $20 million, Rapoport reported. Guy was ranked as the No. 55 free-agent.

Reaction score
OT DJ Fluker agrees to a one-year deal with the Giants, source says. Former 11th overall pick gets a chance to reset his career.

Reaction score
Come on Jets! J E T S JETS JETS JETS

The Jets have expressed interest in free agent cornerback Brandon Carr, as Connor Hughes of NJ.com writes. Carr, who spent the last five years in Dallas and who will turn 31 in May, contemplated retirement after the Cowboys’ 2016 season came to an end, but he ultimately decided to continue his playing career and test the free agent market.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Come on Jets! J E T S JETS JETS JETS

The Jets have expressed interest in free agent cornerback Brandon Carr, as Connor Hughes of NJ.com writes. Carr, who spent the last five years in Dallas and who will turn 31 in May, contemplated retirement after the Cowboys’ 2016 season came to an end, but he ultimately decided to continue his playing career and test the free agent market.

Good riddance

Reaction score
#AZCardinals OLB Alex Okafor is visiting #Saints today, source said, as they continue to try to add defense. Played thru a torn bicep in '16

Ex-#Packers and #Jaguars CB Davon House is on a plane to Pittsburgh to visit with #Steelers today, source said. His market is heating up.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Big money says the Cowboys are done in free agency, at least true free agents. They have signed four and lost the same I believe. They want the comp picks. They might sign a released guy or two.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
updated as of 3/13/17

2017 exclusive rights free agents

de/dt david irving
suggested salary: 1-yr, $615k
teams interested: RE-SIGNED BY COWBOYS

dt richard ash
suggested salary: --
teams interested: --

2017 restricted free agents

de ryan davis
teams interested: SIGNED BY BILLED

2017 unrestricted free agents

qb kellen moore

qb mark sanchez

rb lance dunbar

rb darren mcfadden

wr brice butler
suggested salary: 1-year, $1.1m
teams interested: RE-SIGNED BY COWBOYS - 3/9/17

wr terrance williams
suggested salary: 4-year, $17m ($9.5m guaranteed) "$5M signing bonus and $$9.5M guaranteed to stay in Dallas. Basically 2yrs/$9.5M, then pay as you go from there" - per Jason La Canfora twitter
teams interested: RE-SIGNED BY COWBOYS - 3/10/17

te gavin escobar

g ron leary
suggested salary: 4-year, $35m ($20m guaranteed)
teams interested: SIGNED BY BRONCOS - 3/9/17

g jonathan cooper

de/dt jack crawford
suggested salary: 3-year, $10.3m
teams interested: SIGNED BY FALCONS - 3/9/17

dt t mcclain
suggested salary: 4-year, $21m ($11m guaranteed)
teams interested: SIGNED BY REDSKINS - 3/9/17

lb andrew gachkar

lb justin durant

lb rolondo mcclain
suggested salary: 1 bottle nyquil (even store brand will prob get it done)
teams interested: does rehab count as a team?

cb brandon carr
teams interested: jets

cb morris claiborne
teams interested: ravens

ss barry church
suggested salary: 4-yr, $21.6 million ($12m guaranteed)
teams interested: SIGNED BY JAGUARS - 3/9/17

ss jj wilcox
suggested salary:2-yr, $8.5m
teams interested: SIGNED BY BUCCANEERS - 3/11/17

2017 offseason additions

dt stephen paea
salary: 1-yr, $2m
date of signing: 3/10/17

de damontre moore
salary: --
date of signing: 3/10/17

cb nolan carroll