Reaction score
He was on the Cowboys PS in 1992, then the active roster in 1993 so he was really apart of the Jimmy era for two years.

What's amazing is he was exposed to Jimmy for that length of time every day for that long, and apparently didn't learn one damn thing about how to coach or run a team, or manage a game. Played under Jon Gruden for a yr in Tampa, then coached for two years on Saban's staff with him in Miami. Didn't learn shit.

The pattern started early because he damn sure hasn't learned anything from the real coaches he has pestered for advice.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Said it before, but a person could hang around Usain Bolt all he wanted and it wouldn't make him any faster, or Albert Einstein and it wouldn't make him any smarter.

Doesn't matter who you hang around if the talent isn't there in the first place.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The pattern started early because he damn sure hasn't learned anything from the real coaches he has pestered for advice.

Garrett looks for the wrong stuff, autographs, photo ops, and quotes rather than anything of real value or actually having to do with coaching.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This is why they absolutely will draft the grandson, and name him starting QB when he's 22 years old regardless of how bad he sucks. It's coming. In my best Darth Vader (James Earl Jones), "Search your feelings. You KNOW it's true".

I'd be shocked if he ever took a snap at Arkansas. Kid looks 5:10 tops and playing two hand touch against a bunch of other rich little bastards dosnt mean a whole lot. Of course Jerry has the money to make anything happen, gotta be one of their biggest donors.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Or think about how bad he would be if he had never been around those guys.

LOL
we would of been the Browns for the last 8 years or however long that cancer has been coaching this team

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Said it before, but a person could hang around Usain Bolt all he wanted and it wouldn't make him any faster, or Albert Einstein and it wouldn't make him any smarter.

Doesn't matter who you hang around if the talent isn't there in the first place.

I don’t know about that.

If you hang around a bunch of dummies that stick butter knives in the wall sockets for fun you are bound to learn its not a good idea eventually.

And if you are hanging around the guys that know better than to do it in the first place you are bound to learn not to do it to begin with if you ask enough questions, hump enough legs, and quote their gibberish enough

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if he ever took a snap at Arkansas. Kid looks 5:10 tops and playing two hand touch against a bunch of other rich little bastards dosnt mean a whole lot. Of course Jerry has the money to make anything happen, gotta be one of their biggest donors.

Two hand touch my ass. Clearly you didn't watch the 5A Div1 state title games the last two years. Stevie's kid is a legitimate baller. Heart and soul of that HP Scots team, willing them to wins even after losing his top wideout, top RB, and working with a patchwork OL.

Of course I do realize they lost the title game this past season, there was no stopping that opponent. But it wasn't due to poor QB play.

Whether he can play in the SEC is still an open question though.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Two hand touch my ass. Clearly you didn't watch the 5A Div1 state title games the last two years. Stevie's kid is a legitimate baller. Heart and soul of that HP Scots team, willing them to wins even after losing his top wideout, top RB, and working with a patchwork OL.
Thanks for setting me straight. I still dont see the size and athleticism to play against SEC monsters though.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This is why they absolutely will draft the grandson, and name him starting QB when he's 22 years old regardless of how bad he sucks. It's coming. In my best Darth Vader (James Earl Jones), "Search your feelings. You KNOW it's true".

And BTW that would be the last straw for me anyway. Last straw will probably come long before that though.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Thanks for setting me straight. I still dont see the size and athleticism to play against SEC monsters though.

He didn't get that full ride offer from Arkansas because his grandfather played there. Other schools made offers as well. He's tough, fast and has a rocket arm. Kid isn't done growing yet either. We shall see.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Of course I do realize they lost the title game this past season, there was no stopping that opponent. But it wasn't due to poor QB play.

Whether he can play in the SEC is still an open question though.

Great high school player no doubt.

Not the future franchise QB of the Dallas Cowboys, as an insane number of CZers were beating each other off about

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He didn't get that full ride offer from Arkansas because his grandfather played there. Other schools made offers as well. He's tough, fast and has a rocket arm. Kid isn't done growing yet either. We shall see.

I'd need to see some clips of this "rocket" arm, the ones I saw a month or two ago looked pretty average to me.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not the future franchise QB of the Dallas Cowboys
No high school player is. But give him 3 years at Arkansas and who knows? Might be your next Baker Mayfield.
I'd need to see some clips of this "rocket" arm, the ones I saw a month or two ago looked pretty average to me.
Dunno if he's got any highlight reels on YT or not. No interest in looking for them either. I know he made some top notch throws especially in the 2017 state championship game.

Their coach still wears the fedora and overcoat, in honor of Tom.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

At this year's convention I talked with a few coaches from a big university in Texas. They all agreed that the Jones kid was a legit prospect. I was really under the impression he was just a rich kid trading on the family name, but they were all really big on him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
At this year's convention I talked with a few coaches from a big university in Texas. They all agreed that the Jones kid was a legit prospect. I was really under the impression he was just a rich kid trading on the family name, but they were all really big on him.
He's got some shit in his neck and some hard bark on him. That and the fact he looks nothing like any of the Jone's we've seen brings into question his actual parentage.

Welcome back CMD!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Now THAT is pretty damn cool.
Yeah and he makes a point of telling you why, when asked. Which i think is pretty damn cool too.

Those kids go to WAR for that man. Opponents are bigger, faster and better, but they work together to beat them.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Now THAT is pretty damn cool.
myimagehost

Win-Loss record of
376-87-6

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
here you go...there is some YouTube stuff on him:

[video=youtube;0moNCU8PBt4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0moNCU8PBt4[/video]