Reaction score
I guess fighting, scratching, and clawing includes being the biggest pussies in the league on 4th down.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I know we Shit on Jason here but his dad just died
97bf3be2088e03c45ee459e08f429e96.jpg
RIP

I always thought this was his Twitter account, I guess we'll find out soon:

As an aside, I really really love that fact that this didn't rate its own thread here, unlike on every other Cowboys board. Shows what total assholes we are!
:dillydilly

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone have his scouting report on Drew Henson or that WR he pimped back in the day (Leiber?). So he pimped the consensus #1 QB and #1 overall player in the draft that year. Color me unimpressed. He begged Norv to give his kid a workout to back-up Aikman and then his kid got a job coaching because of his connection with Jerry. He brought his kids along without them having to earn shit. He's a better father than he was an NFL scout or talent evaluator and it's telling to me that BP, another Jersey guy, would show Garrett the door after he was hired. But I don't want to speak ill of the dead so I'll just stop.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Does anyone have his scouting report on Drew Henson or that WR he pimped back in the day (Leiber?). So he pimped the consensus #1 QB and #1 overall player in the draft that year. Color me unimpressed. He begged Norv to give his kid a workout to back-up Aikman and then his kid got a job coaching because of his connection with Jerry. He brought his kids along without them having to earn shit. He's a better father than he was an NFL scout or talent evaluator and it's telling to me that BP, another Jersey guy, would show Garrett the door after he was hired. But I don't want to speak ill of the dead so I'll just stop.

Garrett wasn't signed to be Aikman's backup as fyi. He originally made the teams practice squad before being 3rd string QB in 1993. That was the year we ended up signing Bernie Kosar after he got released, and Kosar assumed backup QB duties after Aikman got hurt. Garrett did start one game in 1993 but was replaced by Kosar.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Does anyone have his scouting report on Drew Henson .

Yeah I know where you are going with this, although the late Joel Buschbaum also said Henson was an elite prospect and was worthy of the #1 pick in the draft had he not played baseball. A number of people had high grades on Henson when he was at Michigan.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Garrett wasn't signed to be Aikman's backup as fyi. He originally made the teams practice squad before being 3rd string QB in 1993. That was the year we ended up signing Bernie Kosar after he got released, and Kosar assumed backup QB duties after Aikman got hurt. Garrett did start one game in 1993 but was replaced by Kosar.

My point, if you take the time to remove your homer glasses, was that he Jason Garrett benefited from his father's connection with the team. The only reason he got a shot at working out for Norv was because Garrett Sr. begged Norv to work out his son. The Garrett clan all benefited from the incestuous relationship with the organization.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
My point, if you take the time to remove your homer glasses, was that he Jason Garrett benefited from his father's connection with the team. The only reason he got a shot at working out for Norv was because Garrett Sr. begged Norv to work out his son. The Garrett clan all benefited from the incestuous relationship with the organization.

Right, so your belief is they totally went around Jimmy Johnson, who had 100% complete control of the roster.

Now crawl back in your hole and keep quiet.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jim Garrett was already on-board when Jimmy was hired. What's your point?

If he sucked, why didn't Jimmy fire him?

He was here when Parcells was hired, and your "point" was he must be bad and Parcells ran him off.

Apparently Jimmy didn't have the same opinion that Mr Parcells had. And in my book Jimmy >>>>> Tuna

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

That's Spagnola-esque!

All joking aside, I'm inclined to agree with your underlying point because jimmy didn't play around back then and wouldn't hesitate to fire folks that weren't gonna help him win

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Right, so your belief is they totally went around Jimmy Johnson, who had 100% complete control of the roster.

Now crawl back in your hole and keep quiet.

Are you always this dense. Let me ask you something. Do you think Jason Garrett would have gotten a workout here if Jim Garrett wasn't his old man? A simple yes or no will do.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

He was here when Parcells was hired, and your "point" was he must be bad and Parcells ran him off.

Apparently Jimmy didn't have the same opinion that Mr Parcells had. And in my book Jimmy >>>>> Tuna

Or can it be that BP wanted to remove the folks from VR that had been giving Jerry bad advice all these years? Jim Garrett wasn't so entrenched in 89 as he was later on.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's Spagnola-esque!

All joking aside, I'm inclined to agree with your underlying point because jimmy didn't play around back then and wouldn't hesitate to fire folks that weren't gonna help him win

Dbair is worse than Spags. At some point, Jim Garrett entrenched himself within the organization. He became something more than a scout and had Jerry's ear. That's the problem with the way the organization is run.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Are you always this dense. Let me ask you something. Do you think Jason Garrett would have gotten a workout here if Jim Garrett wasn't his old man? A simple yes or no will do.

Hell they scream nepotism from the roof tops over at the Star.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Workout yeah maybe, on the damn team hell no, not with Jimmy.

Maybe with some of the other assclown coaches we had that were puppets, but not with Jimmy

Top Bottom