dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Saw it posted in CZ, citing NFL Network

This seems similar to a report that came out earlier in the year and Murray reportedly turned it down. Not sure if this is a new offer or just reposting of that old story, I didn't see it myself.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Why do you think it's old... The NFL story is dated today and updated tonight...

If it's current and correct, Murray should delete Stephen's name from his phone right now.

Reaction score
Why do you think it's old... The NFL story is dated today and updated tonight...

If it's current and correct, Murray should delete Stephen's name from his phone right now.

LOL

I think they can get 2 very solid years from AP at that price or cheaper. I'd let Murray walk solely for that reason.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Seemed like just speculating off what was reported earlier. Sounds like the same offer that was discussed and Murray already turned it down. I doubt Jones came back out there today and said "hey, I know you turned this down two months ago but have these numbers still sound good to us!"

I already see where you are going with this.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Does anyone else think this is kind of cheap for the league's leading rusher?

Isn't this about the same way we got the Emmitt holdout?

Reaction score
Murray is a great runner, but I would never break the bank for a running back in today's NFL. Emmitt meant so much more to that team and RB was a premium position at that time.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Seemed like just speculating off what was reported earlier. Sounds like the same offer that was discussed and Murray already turned it down. I doubt Jones came back out there today and said "hey, I know you turned this down two months ago but have these numbers still sound good to us!"

I already see where you are going with this.
Don't know what you mean about where I'm going with it...

Sounds like they did just come back with the same offer. I think they just don't want him back and are lowballing him.

Reaction score
Points taken. But Jerruh still tried to lowball him, to chisel him. That was my point.

That was towards the early peak of Jerrah's power struggles with Jimmy and I think he set out on a quest to show who's boss. It made sense to pay the man, so of course Jerrah chose the opposite.

This is completely different.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't know what you mean about where I'm going with it...

Sounds like they did just come back with the same offer. I think they just don't want him back and are lowballing him.

If they didn't want him back they'd just say that to him I think.

I bet they will let him test the market now to see what sort of $$$ gets thrown at him. I'd be surprised if anyone really went all in for him, not because of any lack of ability. Rather just due to where RB's are valued at and the fact that there are a lot of options in the draft and free agency.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That's what it sounds like to me too.

RBs are short shelf life, devalued in today's NFL and are pretty much a dime a dozen. He'll land somewhere for more than what Jerruh is offering though.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That's what it sounds like to me too.

RBs are short shelf life, devalued in today's NFL and are pretty much a dime a dozen. He'll land somewhere for more than what Jerruh is offering though.

RBs may have a short shelf life and are relatively replaceable but without Murray's performance Dallas is an entirely different team.

Almost half the league has $6M or more allocated to RBs. Some use primary back and some use split carry systems.

I think a number of teams will pay more than $4M/year for Murray.

Reaction score
Its an embarrassingly low number.

If this is true, Murray is gone.

I think Murray deserves better than that. Guy has been a true professional and had a great season.

Reaction score
Eh. Fumbles too much and RB peoductivity drops off at 28.

Plus he had like 620 touches this year.

Let someone else overpay for him. He'll never come close to duplicating this season.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Meh, his fumble rate was less than Lesean McCoy, less than Eddie Lacy, a lot less than Jamaal Charles, and about the same as Alfred Morris and Adrian Foster. He just got an ungodly number of carries this year.

I'm not even that big a fan of the guy, but like I've said all year, I kind of feel bad for the guy. You're told to be a team player and sacrifice for the greater good, and in the end you basically get used up and sent down the road. Hope someone pays him.

Top Bottom