Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If "fan appeasement" were part of this decision making process, Garrett would have been gone after the 3rd straight 8-8 season and 3rd straight loss in win or go home game.
Yep beacuse he's right and we're wrong. Always.

Anyone who says Jerruh ever tried to appease the fan base is simply an ignorant idiot.

"Did you like three super bowls?"

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I despise the gullible Metroplex fans. They eat up any and all slop Jerry throws in the trough. The only thing Jerry understands is empty seats you stupid fucks.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Now that it’s official it’s strangely less satisfying than I had imagined

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Those odds must be old. Surely McCarthy's odds have gone way up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Some of the connecting the dots around Lincoln Riley today is no doubt partly credited to the news that Brock Vandagriff abruptly decommitted late this week. The kid is from Georgia and said he only chose OU because he wanted to play in Lincoln Riley's system.

Riley commented afterward that this was just a coincidence, and had nothing to do with him about to leave OU.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Well jeruh wouldn’t want those pesky playoffs to interfere with his very own personal news cycle

I expect the HC announcement to come out close to the Super Bowl. Probably in the week leading up to it. Jeruh loves himself some free publicity! And he would love nothing more than to hijack the entire Super Bowl week media blast and have everyone taking about the new HC of the Cowboys instead of the big game on Sunday

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
NBC reported it at halftime too, and couldn't help but add, "Announced in the slot the team would have been playing in, had they won the NFC East."
You have to believe the egomaniacal fuck that is Jerry Jones planned it this way...and then the Egirls lose and Wentz is out again...what a GLORIOUS fucken day!!!

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Wonder if we are to assume its just a coincidence this was announced the same day of McCarthy's 2nd day of interviews, which reportedly went "extremely well"
Or the same day the Saints get bounced form the playoffs!!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Its a combination of the following to varying degrees:

I dont trust college coaches to translate into the pros that have a HUGE recruiting advantage like OU does

OU's wins are inflated in value due to how weak the Big 12 conference is

When he's gone against the best teams, he's gotten smoked

He strikes me as too inexperienced for the job (only head coached 3 years) and that experience is limited to one side of the ball (I understand you can get a coach who has focused on offense/defense or special teams but I like one who has some experience over his career with all 3).

Having said this, if I'm being honest, I dont really know what the fuck I'm talking about when it comes to who the best HC candidates are out there. My analysis is at a surface level at best largely made up of stuff I'm regurgitating from elsewhere or simple observations like the above that any schmuck could make

Last edited:
Top Bottom