Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jeruh is slacking, this is not the Jeruh I know. He would never let a failed 8-8 season keep Dallas out of the news during the playoffs

I’ve watched the NFL network for 20-30 minutes this morning and there has not been one word about Dallas or Garrett

Other than a dig where they were showing Philly highlights and a Dallas Goedert catch where they said “hey look, Dallas did make the playoffs”

Come of Jeruh, you are better than this, it’s time to make some waves and take back the news cycle with a big announcement!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jerry's in his element. It's his show and he controls the cliffhanger. I just want to live long enough to see him meet his maker.
Makes me remember all my friends IRL and online who have passed never seeing Dallas in the NFC title game again much less a SB. We've never had it in team history until now, where an entire generation comes and goes without us hoisting the Lombardi.

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
still waiting for Garrett’s firing ....

it’s an insult to the fans, the game of football, the NFL, and the city of Dallas.

it’s insulting.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
still waiting for Garrett’s firing ....

it’s an insult to the fans, the game of football, the NFL, and the city of Dallas.

it’s insulting.
They're still talking. Talking about what? The future, is all it can be. Whether Garrett's extension is one year or two, or even five. Buyout clauses, backdoor clauses, details.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Reports are that Garrett has one more meeting scheduled with Jeruh

My guess is that Garrett will be promoted to the front office as the VP of player development or some other nonsensical made up bullshit so he can continue his “right kind of guy” horseshit into the future

Because it worked so well with Randy Gregory, Bruce Irving, Joseph Randall, Greg Hardy, Dez Bryant.....

We will get some BS announcement from Jeruh that Garrett has been moved to the front office to continue his RKG culture that has exemplified the Dallas Cowboys for the last decade. Or some other such verbal diarrhea

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can’t wait to see Garrett on the opposing teams sideline at Jerry’s World just clapping his ass off.

Hopefully it’s this coming season because we will hopefully have a rookie head coach for the Cowboys, and we all know Garrett’s record vs rookie head coaches. At least we would be guaranteed one win next season.

It’s kinda strange, I’m torn between wanting Garrett to leave and fail miserably as a HC so that Jeruh can see he kept Garrett way too long, and then also wanting Garrett to go on and win a Super Bowl to prove to Jeruh that Ownership meddling in day to day operations has always been the problem

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Reports are that Garrett has one more meeting scheduled with Jeruh

My guess is that Garrett will be promoted to the front office as the VP of player development or some other nonsensical made up bullshit so he can continue his “right kind of guy” horseshit into the future

Because it worked so well with Randy Gregory, Bruce Irving, Joseph Randall, Greg Hardy, Dez Bryant.....

We will get some BS announcement from Jeruh that Garrett has been moved to the front office to continue his RKG culture that has exemplified the Dallas Cowboys for the last decade. Or some other such verbal diarrhea

Unpopular opinion: I don't care if they move Garrett into the front office. He is in the Cowboy family and they want to keep him in it. Besides, the front office is already filled with yes-men schmucks so adding another one won't hurt.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I can’t wait to see Garrett on the opposing teams sideline at Jerry’s World just clapping his ass off.

Hopefully it’s this coming season because we will hopefully have a rookie head coach for the Cowboys, and we all know Garrett’s record vs rookie head coaches. At least we would be guaranteed one win next season.

It’s kinda strange, I’m torn between wanting Garrett to leave and fail miserably as a HC so that Jeruh can see he kept Garrett way too long, and then also wanting Garrett to go on and win a Super Bowl to prove to Jeruh that Ownership meddling in day to day operations has always been the problem

My dream? Garrett go coaches the G-Men and then New Cowboys HC Urban Meyer shows what a good coach looks like when we play the NYG on SNF.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

I know the history, I also know those defenses quickly turned to shit and there's no evidence it wasn't just the same bump in performance from the players any new coordinator gets his first year. Fat Rob is another example. Wade Phillips too.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The "itch" to take the Cleveland job?

I still like to think that Urban having "interest" in other jobs (Browns, being in Dan Snyder's box) is him (or his agent) trying to get the Cowboys to pull the trigger on hiring him.

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I still like to think that Urban having "interest" in other jobs (Browns, being in Dan Snyder's box) is him (or his agent) trying to get the Cowboys to pull the trigger on hiring him.

I want Meyer too. And give him a 3 year contract. full control. give him 3 years to get us there ....

wipe the slate clean. all coaches should gone. Meyer picks and chooses who he wants to stay or leave. i would clean house though. that’s the smart move here.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I want Meyer too. And give him a 3 year contract. full control. give him 3 years to get us there ....

wipe the slate clean. all coaches should gone. Meyer picks and chooses who he wants to stay or leave. i would clean house though. that’s the smart move here.

If Bill Parcells (who mind you left the Patriots because he didn't have control on picking players) can get along with the Jones' then Urban Meyer can get along with the Jones'.

Top Bottom