Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
IMO this is nothing more or less than Jerry negotiating a contract extension for Garrett. I think that is the most likely scenario for what's going on right now.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This man can't meet his maker soon enough. And I don't like saying that...it's just a game. But I've come to dislike the man so much that I couldn't care what happens to him. Greedy fucking narcissist......
You cannot even imagine how much I echo this sentiment...this year really came full circle for me as far as truly wanting Jerry to either pass on or being so demented and senile he has to relinquish all duties relating to the Cowboys

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
You cannot even imagine how much I echo this sentiment...this year really came full circle for me as far as truly wanting Jerry to either pass on or being so demented and senile he has to relinquish all duties relating to the Cowboys
I'm one of the few people who think that things would either stay the same or be worse with Stephen at the helm.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm one of the few people who think that things would either stay the same or be worse with Stephen at the helm.
Well let's fucken find out shall we...
I'd pitch in for the hitman just let me know gofundme page I need to go to...

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
No shit y'all...there is a legitimate thread that was started in CZ outlining the reasons why we should...ok make sure you are sitting down here because I don't want you to hurt yourself falling over fainting....JASON GARRETT SHOULD CONTINUE TO COACH THE DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!!
You cannot make this shit up

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Reminder: He won't be fired. His contract will expire. The Jones' are determined to make sure that is that the case.
I don't need a reminder, I'm among the first to have said that. But today's reports make it seem a lot less likely. If that's all it was, he wouldn't be doing the exit interviews. He would be cleaning out his desk. They are having multiple meetings, he and Stevie and Jerruh. Negotiating his new deal. They consider him FAMILY.

Kicked upstairs maybe? Quite possible. New 2 year deal to keep coaching? Quite possible too.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I don't need a reminder, I'm among the first to have said that. But today's reports make it seem a lot less likely. If that's all it was, he wouldn't be doing the exit interviews. He would be cleaning out his desk. They are having multiple meetings, he and Stevie and Jerruh. Negotiating his new deal. They consider him FAMILY.

Kicked upstairs maybe? Quite possible. New 2 year deal to keep coaching? Quite possible too.

Considering his contract goes through the 14th, doing exit interviews doesn't as weird as it would if his contract were to expire on the 1st. As you said, they consider him family so they are going to treat his exit as HC like family. I highly doubt that on the 15th Garrett will be the HC of the Cowboys. Frankly, if he gets kicked upstairs I'm happy for him.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Below is a great video to help tide everyone over until the news regarding Garrett is finalized.

This is a clip of a team that knew how to play football at the highest level and is smashing the Atlanta Falcons with a cornerback named Deon Sanders. This team was blessed with a real coach unencumbered by a maniacal, insecure owner masquerading as a GM. They've been referred to as the "team of the 90's" AKA "the greatest team ever" AKA The Dallas Cowboys. Perhaps you'll recognize them:

If you dont have time to watch it all, at least skip to the 8:25 to enjoy a hilarious cameo by Keith Olbermann

Happy New Year!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Considering his contract goes through the 14th, doing exit interviews doesn't as weird as it would if his contract were to expire on the 1st. As you said, they consider him family so they are going to treat his exit as HC like family. I highly doubt that on the 15th Garrett will be the HC of the Cowboys. Frankly, if he gets kicked upstairs I'm happy for him.
Jerruh values LOYALTY to him above all else. Earworm for him was the postgane presser when a reporter asked Ginger what he wants to do next. His answer? "I want to be head coach of the Dallas Cowboys."

Multiple meetings, conducting the exit interviews, He's getting a short extension. One or two years. If they were kicking him upstairs the announcement would have come already. He's staying as HC. He's getting a new crop of assistants. Carrot is a master of blame shifting. He's done it his whole career. Not his fault, this year's collapse, he's told them. Let's clean out these 18 assistants whose contracts expire and get me some new blood in here.

And they love him, their playful, loyal doggie they raised from a pup. So they'll clean up his dogshit everywhere and believe him and give him another chance.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerruh values LOYALTY to him above all else. Earworm for him was the postgane presser when a reporter asked Ginger what he wants to do next. His answer? "I want to be head coach of the Dallas Cowboys."

Multiple meetings, conducting the exit interviews, He's getting a short extension. One or two years. If they were kicking him upstairs the announcement would have come already. He's staying as HC. He's getting a new crop of assistants. Carrot is a master of blame shifting. He's done it his whole career. Not his fault, this year's collapse, he's told them. Let's clean out these 18 assistants whose contracts expire and get me some new blood in here.

And they love him, their playful, loyal doggie they raised from a pup. So they'll clean up his dogshit everywhere and believe him and give him another chance.

I wouldn't put it past him.

dbair will lose his mind :funny:

it would almost be worth it if it finally got cowboy nation off its collective asses to revolt in mass causing jeri to quake in his boots

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I mean, I been reading the tea leaves and ignoring all the idiot TV commentators who insist the firing is real. Been paying attention to Jane and a couple other on-scene reporters and their reports all day. Plus adding what I know about Jerruh and his ego, and the history between him and his little pekinese lapdog, Jason.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I mean, I been reading the tea leaves and ignoring all the idiot TV commentators who insist the firing is real. Been paying attention to Jane and a couple other on-scene reporters and their reports all day. Plus adding what I know about Jerruh and his ego, and the history between him and his little pekinese lapdog, Jason.

Well, thats been my prediction all along but I got cold feet when they missed the playoffs

If he does extend Garrett then jeri must really hate the fans

but like any dictatorship, the loyal subjects will fall in line with whatever he does thereby never forcing any change that will matter

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score

dbair will lose his mind :funny:

it would almost be worth it if it finally got cowboy nation off its collective asses to revolt in mass causing jeri to quake in his boots
If this ultimately does happen I told my buddy this may the first time fans might actually revolt in protest and I'm crossing my fingers that Jerry understands this regardless of what he thinks of Garrett
Motherfucker after this year, how the fuck can that demented fool pretend that another year of Garrett is going to be any different...LET'S AT LEAST TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR DIFFERENTS SAKE!!!

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Multiple meetings, conducting the exit interviews, He's getting a short extension. One or two years.

That's what I'm thinking too. I'd actually put money on it if at all possible. But hoping I'd lose.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That is what has me worried

With other coaches here they were fired in one or two days at most

Something just doesn’t feel right

I have a sense of impending doom

Top Bottom