Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The "itch" to take the Cleveland job?

I saw a tweet from who the hell knows that said he’s considering Cleveland , or at least interviewing for the position

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I saw a tweet from who the hell knows that said he’s considering Cleveland , or at least interviewing for the position

As the tweet I posted said, it sounds like he has the itch to coach pro ball, which is understandable because most top tier college coaches have that itch at some point in their careers.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
a3caa66312b9d254238756780c5e6ce4.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So another off season workday has come and gone

But Garrett is still here

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Told y'all.

I might need to add a question mark to the end of this thread title.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I refuse to be excited until I see a live feed of Garrett clapping when the tow truck picks up where he broke down on the interstate heading out of town...

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Maybe it’s just an effort at redemption after Saturday’s swing and a miss regarding Jaguars coach Doug Marrone. Regardless, ESPN has taken a tweet from ESPN’s Ed Werder and turned it into a big splash that the Cowboys are firing Jason Garrett. Even if that’s not what Werder tweeted.

Tweeted Werder on Thursday night: “Cowboys Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have moved slowly and with ‘abundance of care and respect’ for Jason Garrett. That phase expected to conclude soon with Garrett not part of organization. Next phase to involve candidate interviews will begin quickly thereafter.”

And so ESPN has taken that tweet and twisted it into this: “Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and executive vice president Stephen Jones have decided that Jason Garrett will not be part of the organization moving forward, a source tells @WerderEdESPN.”

But that isn’t what Werder reported. While it indeed may be the final outcome, it’s not what he reported.

Either way, Garrett and the Joneses were due to meet today, and they didn’t. The situation continues to be confusing and confounding and if the ultimate goal is to respect Garrett the end result has been a protracted twisting in the wind that arguably disrespects him far more than a certain and decisive action would.

If they’re going to fire him they need to just do it and get it over with. Everyone expects it, and now ESPN is acting like it’s a done deal when it’s still not clear whether it is. So do it or don’t do it; the uncertainty helps no one.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Now ESPN, Blogging the Boys and Ed Werder are all reporting the same thing

Top Bottom