kwcoolk619

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What works is defense that consistently keeps people out of the end zone, and an offense that can consistently score 25-30 points and can close out games in the 4th quarter using bludgeonball. That's the NFL for at least the last 50 years.

We've invested in running the baaaall. That's where the bulk of our player salaries are. You run the fucking ball all day every day. Hit people in the mouth all day every day. Then step on their fallen bodies in the 4th quarter.

And a top notch Special Teams unit. I rather step on and crush throats in the 4th quarter. I am hopeful that this team return to the brutal and physical style of play.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
What works is defense that consistently keeps people out of the end zone, and an offense that can consistently score 25-30 points and can close out games in the 4th quarter using bludgeonball. That's the NFL for at least the last 50 years.

We've invested in running the baaaall. That's where the bulk of our player salaries are. You run the fucking ball all day every day. Hit people in the mouth all day every day. Then step on their fallen bodies in the 4th quarter.

A quick look at the stats bears this out.
According to NFL dot com, 4 out of 5 of the top rushing teams are in the playoffs. The 5th? The Dallas Cowboys.
Also 4 out of 5 in total defense are in the playoffs.
The 5th? Pittsburgh.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score

The only problem is, Jerry doesn't care what works. Jerry cares about what's flashy and sells.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Even the local new radio here in L.A. is now reporting that Garrett will not be retained as HC

I sure wish something was official

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Even the local new radio here in L.A. is now reporting that Garrett will not be retained as HC
Once something's out there, it just filters down and gets repeatedly regurgitated.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Although I'd prefer a HC with a defensive background, I don't see the appeal Zimmer either. He's never won anything of consequence, and his main qualification is that he once cashed Jerry's paychecks.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Once something's out there, it just filters down and gets repeatedly regurgitated.

It was just weird

Once I heard it I opened the Cowboys app to see if it finally was made official and it wasn’t

It just goes to show how big the news is (or will be once it actually happens)

They are talking about Garrett here instead of what the Rams need to start doing to rebuild

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Hence why Ravens OC Greg Roman should either be near or at the top of the Cowboys list of HC candidates.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hence why Ravens OC Greg Roman should either be near or at the top of the Cowboys list of HC candidates.
It's his first season as OC with Baltimore. Prior to that he really didn't do shit either at SF or at Buffalo. That ravens offense is successful solely because of the gadget QB, just like Roman's offense in SF was with Kaep. When the DCs around the league have better book on him, his little reign of terror will end, just like Kaep's did. They all do. Without the gadget, Roman's record isn't at all impressive.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
yep. what Tennessee's OC is doing with a never-was like Tannehill is much more impressive.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It's his first season as OC with Baltimore. Prior to that he really didn't do shit either at SF or at Buffalo. That ravens offense is successful solely because of the gadget QB, just like Roman's offense in SF was with Kaep. When the DCs around the league have better book on him, his little reign of terror will end, just like Kaep's did. They all do. Without the gadget, Roman's record isn't at all impressive.

Uhhhh.... The 49ers were SUPER successful with him as the OC and the Bills went to the playoffs for the first time this CENTURY with him as OC. The Ravens are the best team in the league with him as OC. He makes teams run games elite. He makes mobile QBs better. Considering the Cowboys have a great run game and a mobile QB, Roman seems like a perfect fit.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Uhhhh.... The 49ers were SUPER successful with him as the OC and the Bills went to the playoffs for the first time this CENTURY with him as OC. The Ravens are the best team in the league with him as OC. He makes teams run games elite. He makes mobile QBs better. Considering the Cowboys have a great run game and a mobile QB, Roman seems like a perfect fit.
The question is for how long? Yeah, he had success in both SF and Buffalo, but neither was long term. We need long term viability. Is that Roman? I'd like to say yes, but there isn't a track record to support that.

Top Bottom