Will McCarthy be fired if 1 and done

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
If McCarthy is canned, one thing's for sure: he will not be replaced by a young, hotshot coordinator like Daboll, Shanahan or McVay. The new guy will be another middle-aged McCarthy clone with prior head coaching experience because Jerry is 80 and doesn't have the time for a young guy to find his footing and grow into the job--even if that's the best for the team long-term. The only young guy he would consider is someone already in-house (Garrett back in the day and now Moore)--guys he knows and can control. This insular, family-run team team hates hates hates outsiders with whom they have no history, and it's killing us.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Dak has been horrible, hard to blame that on anyone else buy Dak.

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
Freaking MM sitting Maher and going for it leading to a TD. He ain't leaving Dallas lol.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
MM has a job here forever now based on a road playoff win. Even a rout loss on Sunday and Jerry will think he is "thisclose" and wont want a change. The only way MM isnt the coach in the near future is is he stops breathing.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
MM has a job here forever now based on a road playoff win. Even a rout loss on Sunday and Jerry will think he is "thisclose" and wont want a change. The only way MM isnt the coach in the near future is is he stops breathing.
I'm still not 100% convinced. Had we not been playing so bad the last few weeks, ultimately we did to Tampa what we (or any other "good" team) was expected to do, regardless of where the game was played.

If we get shitstomped this weekend he might still be gone, especially if Quinn and/or Moore leave for HC jobs.

Now if they somehow win this weekend, then yeah. He's here as long as he wants to be I suspect.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This just in

8421c4d4091d05ff16b6921123f31613.jpg

Thank god

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It’s much easier to find a good OC than it is your next franchise QB

Without a true franchise, we'll just continue to get the same results.....unfortunately. But you're right....

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It’s much easier to find a good OC than it is your next franchise QB
I think its likely that Moore is a pretty good coordinator. Not many coaches could take a QB like Prescott and have the team run up the kind of numbers we have offensively the past several seasons.

He makes a few head scratcher calls more often than I like and I don't love the run game system, but ultimately its about moving the ball and scoring points and we rank at the top of the league in both and have for awhile.

I'm not saying I think Moore is elite or anything, but the idea that he sux and has a painfully average QB start for him and we still score a ton of points is not believable IMO.

Top Bottom