Will McCarthy be fired if 1 and done

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's why Scot isn't allowed to vote, we know people in California vote multiple times for everything.

But I allow Texans to participate.

My vote in the next presidential election has already been counted

Twice

So has my deceased fathers

Twice

I’m sure they will notify me with who I voted for after the primaries.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hos, the great "story" teller.

We could have a whole thread just about that.

we should, he banned me from his cult site after I said something innocuous, but true, like “that dude is a trip” on another site which means he or one of his cohorts were scanning other sites for signs of “treason”

I think the reason posted for being banned was “spying” which is the height of irony in my instance

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
we should, he banned me from his cult site after I said something innocuous, but true, like “that dude is a trip” on another site which means he or one of his cohorts were scanning other sites for signs of “treason”

I think the reason posted for being banned was “spying” which is the height of irony in my instance
Yeah he did the same thing to me.

At one time I got along fine with the Hos, then he went completely off the deep end.

I had a log-in at his other site (not Zone) and he threw a hissy fit and banned me there for "spying" as well.

It's the only internet forum I've ever been banned from.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It’s the strangest thing, I half expect to one day read about a modern Guyana punch scenario somewhere in the world where he turns out to be the leader

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just remember fellas

Things could always be worse. We all know this first hand

d36e0520c68b92e15d4dceedc967f48b.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Gonna be something in common for both those 3 yr runs too.

"0"

As in zero postseason wins

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm really getting worried about you Amigo.

I'm sure Johnny Walker GM and Spawn read your words and can breath easy knowing people are satisfied with some regular season wins and no postseason success. I can just see Spawn saying "see Dad, everything is fine if we just get into the playoffs"

Based on what we have seen the last 6 weeks or so if we fail in the postseason again I'm all for burning down the coaching staff (only guy I'd like to see us keep is Fassel). You make a good point about Dak probably being all that he is ever going to be and is not going to develop much more, but you also have to start thinking about the future too. Just because Dak doesn't benefit from a new coach doesn't mean a young guy they draft wouldn't, and I could definitely see them taking a QB this year or next.

That said I do think Prescott, as well as the rest of this team could greatly benefit from a different style of HC. This franchise needs a hardass attitude from there.

You have to think beyond your feelings. What "legitimate" coach would want this job knowing the previous coach had back to back 12 win seasons for the first time in over a quarter century but was still fired? That new coach will know he doesn't have a QB that can take them to the big game so he'll want to make changes, knowing Jerry and Spawn won't go for it. You'll just get more nepotism and 2nd rate, desperate, coaches like Garrett.

And McCarthy would find a job tomorrow on the open market.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What has Jeruh shown us since the three Super Bowls that would lead any one of us to believe that he will fire a wining coach after two back to back 12 win seasons (which we haven’t had since JJ) where we also made back to back post seasons?

When in fact he has shown the exact opposite. A propensity to stick with a coach long after he should have fired him for poor performance.

Scot...please talk to David. He's just not getting it.........

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You have to think beyond your feelings. What "legitimate" coach would want this job knowing the previous coach had back to back 12 win seasons for the first time in over a quarter century but was still fired? That new coach will know he doesn't have a QB that can take them to the big game so he'll want to make changes, knowing Jerry and Spawn won't go for it. You'll just get more nepotism and 2nd rate, desperate, coaches like Garrett.

And McCarthy would find a job tomorrow on the open market.
Fair points although I do think the overall talent level here is good so there are some quality coaches that would want this job.

For one, I think Sean Payton would want this job. Now we can argue whether he's an improvement over McCarthy or not (I think they are similar) but he does qualify as a "legitimate" coach wouldn't you agree?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fair points although I do think the overall talent level here is good so there are some quality coaches that would want this job.

For one, I think Sean Payton would want this job. Now we can argue whether he's an improvement over McCarthy or not (I think they are similar) but he does qualify as a "legitimate" coach wouldn't you agree?

I wouldn't want today's Sean Payton. He bugged out of NO after Brees retired. He's not stupid. Anyone that comes here will know that if Dak couldn't get it done in his prime years, he isn't going to get it done. And I'm not interested in giving up a #1 to get Payton.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
He's like McCarthy: a coach of a certain age who won a championship with an elite QB a million years ago. That said, would I prefer him to Fat Mike? Absolutely, but not at that price.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't want today's Sean Payton. He bugged out of NO after Brees retired. He's not stupid. Anyone that comes here will know that if Dak couldn't get it done in his prime years, he isn't going to get it done. And I'm not interested in giving up a #1 to get Payton.
I didnt say I'd necessarily "want" him either, I don't think there's that much difference between him and McCarthy to warrant that change.

Just that he is "legitimate" coach.

Top Bottom