Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is what slays me about Parcells fan boys.

Raves about what a great team builder he is and how he built the core of the team.

Raves about how dumb a team we had/have.

So Parcells greatest assett was building dumb teams?

No. His greatest assett was motivating players.

His best successess was when he had great Xs' & O's assistant coaches, and proven GM's picking players for him. There's a reason why the Giants nor the Patriots wanted to give him control of player personnel.

Parcells failed here because (a) idiot GM... (b) outdated schemes and philosophies.

Also, his heart wasn't in it.

BP needed more time but he didn't have it in him to continue with the grind, day in and day out and I agree that his heart wasn't in it any longer. I think where we are on opposite ends of the spectrum is that you classify his time here as a failure. I think it's far from it. He made this team relevant and built what many considered to be SB contenders.

I also disagree that his biggest asset was that he was a motivator. There's enough of a body of work to see that he rebuilt four different franchises and made them playoff relevant and SB contenders.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
BP didn't win because he was a burned out coach who saw the game pass him by.

He came back for the money. He saw desperate Jerry coming with his bank account, and took full advantage.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I also disagree that his biggest asset was that he was a motivator. There's enough of a body of work to see that he rebuilt four different franchises and made them playoff relevant and SB contenders.

He didn't build the Giants or the Patriots. He pretty much had total control with the NYJ, but only made the playoffs once there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bellicheck defensive genius!!!!11

I lost some respect for Belichick over the cheater crap, but I still think he's been a more successful HC than Parcells was. Parcells didn't accomplish much of anything without Belichick, whereas Belichick has been to 5 super bowls by himself.

I think Parcells was a helluva coach with the Giants and did ok with the Pats, but after that he lived off the media love for him from his time in NYG more than anything else.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
by himself

8253e307_son-i-am-disappoint-200x160.gif

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yet he can't make the correlation between Brady and cheating being the only time where he's won.

I made the correlation fine.

It still doesn't wipe away getting to 5 super bowls. And Belichick drafted Brady and stuck with him when Parcells made a career out of doing things like sticking with FOB's

Reaction score
Parcells going to 3 SB's with Simms, Hostetler, Bledsoe , and basically testaverde if he didnt get hurt > riding Brady .

We've never seen Parcells fall on his face like bellicheck did .

Reaction score
BP needed more time but he didn't have it in him to continue with the grind

He never had it in him. He averaged what? Four years per stop? Then he'd get burned out and move on.

I think where we are on opposite ends of the spectrum is that you classify his time here as a failure. I think it's far from it. He made this team relevant and built what many considered to be SB contenders.

Meh. Record is what it is. 34-32. No playoff wins/division titles. When the guy was hired, I had visions of Super Bowls in my head. He fell far short. Thats a failure in my book.

Especially in todays age of parity where teams go from worst to first all the time.

As a motivator. He'd take over a losing team with a WGAS attitude... push buttons, get the most out of players, and max out potential.

Reaction score
Parcells was the architect of a partial turnaround.

He took a team that was essentially hopeless and turned it into a mediocre team with a potentially promising future.

Reaction score
Parcells was the architect of a partial turnaround.

He took a team that was essentially hopeless and turned it into a mediocre team with a potentially promising future.

Parcells is just the thinnest fatty in a car full of fat girls if the car is the Dallas Cowboys and the fat girls are coaches.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I couldn't have said it better myself, Mid.

We've had some really hideous fat girls in the car known as the Dallas Cowboys.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I heard parcells headset was never even turned on in ny or New England.

Top Bottom