Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
lol. I WILL SAY IT ONE MORE TIME...GET THIS...its not about your sizzle players..its about the substance of football teams.

Just cliche' all the way. I'm talking specifics of what defenses did to our passing game and how we failed to adjust. How we failed to adjust when oyr all pro LT went down. That's not "sizzle" it's football fundamentals

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm very chicken little, end of the world about our front office and management. It almost makes all of this irrelevant.

Exactly, thats where I've been for years, Dak brought out the hopeful homer in me last year but jeri and his spawn cant be overcome, we're doomed and the Cowboys we knew and loved from the Landry/Jimmy era are dead and buried

If it wasn't for some strange addiction I have, I'd quit paying attention altogether

Reaction score
Just cliche' all the way. I'm talking specifics of what defenses did to our passing game and how we failed to adjust. How we failed to adjust when oyr all pro LT went down. That's not "sizzle" it's football fundamentals

All defenses??

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Oh my god. Stop. First off, what the fuck does "chicken little" mean? Who's doing that? .
Every goof who all of a sudden thinks Dak can't play. The sky is falling because his production dropped off his turnovers went up and we lost four more games than last year. Goofs who seem to believe Dak suddenly just lost his ability. When the real problem has been explained.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Exactly. So was the OL. Prescott needs a lot more than serviceable. I assume that was your subtle point??
I guess my point was that Dak IS essentially a bus driver. A bloody good bus driver that could take the team a long way. But last season he was let down by an arrogant, complacent coaching staff that thought they could get away with the same shit again, and that the opposing defenses wouldn't notice. My fear is that by lobbying for Moore to be QB coach, Dak is becoming equally as complacent. He should be demanding better coaching.

Reaction score
Every goof who all of a sudden thinks Dak can't play. The sky is falling because his production dropped off his turnovers went up and we lost four more games than last year. Goofs who seem to believe Dak suddenly just lost his ability. When the real problem has been explained.

Interesting. Prescott is a 4th rd draft pick and it showed last season. That's THE REAL PROBLEM.

Reaction score
I guess my point was that Dak IS essentially a bus driver. A bloody good bus driver that could take the team a long way. But last season he was let down by an arrogant, complacent coaching staff that thought they could get away with the same shit again, and that the opposing defenses wouldn't notice. My fear is that by lobbying for Moore to be QB coach, Dak is becoming equally as complacent. He should be demanding better coaching.

Indeed.

Trouty

Reaction score

As long as you don't think those who are reserving judgment on Dak aren't goofs as well. That would be a bit much, imo.

Reaction score
I can't help it you weren't paying a whole lot of attention to the removal of our slot receiver by the opponents on a weekly basis. Neither was Ginger.

lol. Slot receiver?? You are joking right. How about the play of the LT?? How did the loss of our RB factor into your logic. Did that influence opposing defenses??

Trouty

Reaction score

We need more than a bus driver. This is the land of Staubach and Aikman.

Trouty

Reaction score
Dak has that "it" factor, too. Great leader, hard worker, studies the game, respects the game, driven to win.

Still, without talent, none of that matters.

Reaction score
lol. Slot receiver?? You are joking right. How about the play of the LT?? How did the loss of our RB factor into your logic. Did that influence opposing defenses??

So, are you getting the point about OL's and RG's or are slot receivers your argument???

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Still, without talent, none of that matters.
Without talent around him. HE has the talent.
As long as you don't think those who are reserving judgment on Dak aren't goofs as well.
Since you newer guys seldom read other than the beer thread, you must have missed where I've been calling for drafting a QB in a early round, hopefully Mayfield if he falls to us in the 1st, and been saying I do NOT want to see Dak signed to a long term deal unless he is the defending NFC Championship QB this time next year.
Slot receiver?? You are joking right. How about the play of the LT?? How did the loss of our RB factor into your logic. Did that influence opposing defenses??
Your selective reading isn't serving you well, unless your purpose is to troll. The LT problem wasn't handled, i said that. Our running game continued to be productive without Zeke. Defenses keyed on taking Beasley away - our leading receiver last season - and it worked all year because we didn't adjust.

Trouty

Reaction score
Without talent around him. HE has the talent.
Since you newer guys seldom read other than the beer thread, you must have missed where I've been calling for drafting a QB in a early round, and been saying I do NOT want to see Dak signed to a long term deal unless he is the defending NFC Championship QB this time next year.
Your selective reading isn't serving you well, unless your purpose is to troll.

1. The 'talent' comment was a more meta-remark. Meaning, if Dak doesn't progress, all those amazing intangibles are worth fuck all. It is what it is. I need another year. I won't waiver. He declined too much for my liking last season, and I was fucking taking the tickets on his bandwagon.

2. I'm in this thread with you, mon frere. But your stance is duly noted. He doesn't need to be the defending NFCC for me to want to go all-in on him as our franchise QB. He just needs to perform to the standards set forth by Roger and Troy. And pray that our inept FO dies in a plane wreck and we get player-personell that can evaluate that talent so we don't go through another post-Aikman era and start this circle all over again.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So, are you getting the point about OL's and RG's or are slot receivers your argument???
You're talking to me? If you want to know what my "argument" is try reading my posts. I've stated the problem with our passing game last season quite succinctly.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He just needs to perform to the standards set forth by Roger and Troy.
Roger and Troy had outstanding coaching though. Dak is handicapped in that area, extremely.

My apologies for this site fucking up the last hour or so, there is trouble with the host and I am working on it with them. If anyone else is getting a "Bad Gateway" error you're not alone, I have been plagued with it here the last 40 minutes or so at least.

Top Bottom