Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He doesn't need to be the defending NFCC for me to want to go all-in on him as our franchise QB.
I'm not loving the idea of a long term expensive deal for him unless it's a reward for being the NFC Champ, really.

If he has a great year though I am not against seeing if we can get a sweetheart deal laced with incentives but only for maybe 3 years tops. I'm just not that high on him, really not ready to see a Romo-type contract for him any time soon.

It's not a worry for us anyway, for another two years.

Trouty

Reaction score
Roger and Troy had outstanding coaching though. Dak is handicapped in that area, extremely.

No doubt about that, Dooms. Still, I need to see more of Dak. A great QB will shine through shitty coaching. Luck, for example. He is an elite QB. Shitty coaching/GMing (and I really hope this forum isn't weird as fuck anti-Luck)

(Bradford/Foles/Keenum/Goff being stymied in STL/LA aren't an example of "great QB/shitty coach" imo)

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Luck, for example. He is an elite QB. Shitty coaching/GMing (and I really hope this forum isn't weird ass fuck anti-Luck)
But because of his truly shitty front office, he gets no protection and spends way too much time in traction!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
A great QB will shine through shitty coaching.
Not when it's as shitty as ours.

• Not adjusting at all, all season when defenses take away your top receiver from last year.
  • Not giving any help to your backup LT when he's getting blown up by a scrub.
  • Having your QB force the ball to Dez, persistently even though he leads the league in drops.

Nobody's going to overcome this shit, really.

Trouty

Reaction score
Not when it's as shitty as ours.

• Not adjusting at all, all season when defenses take away your top receiver from last year.
  • Not giving any help to your backup LT when he's getting blown up by a scrub.
  • Having your QB force the ball to Dez, persistently even though he leads the league in drops.

Nobody's going to overcome this shit, really.

Dak wasn't helped last year. He had pathetic leadership that sadly featured a few ex QBs. But do you think Aaron Rodgers in Dallas isn't an MPV candidate every year despite our coaching? Luck is a phenom, defying all odds (Irsay/Pagano), and putting up great numbers in Indy (granted, he had Arians for some of it).

Your bulletts disgust me. Anything that reminds me of those moments, as well as our coaching and management, disgusts me. Poor Dak.

I think we both agree with each other, at least in the spirit of our arguments. We're just discussing two separate issues :)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Prescott is a 4th rd draft pick and it showed last season.
What showed is exactly what happens when your coach doesn't want to make adjustments and enforce our will on defenses instead of letting them dictate to us.

Were you reading when it was pointed out in another thread, that more than 75 percent of Dak's interceptions last year were on targets to Dez? Forcing the ball to Dez was a huge error on the coaches' part. 12 drops there to boot - imagine what that did for Dak's numbers.

You seem to be laying it ALL on Dak when THE REAL PROBLEM lies elsewhere.
Haleyrules said:
I am starting to understand that ole Dooms is not a football guy.
Says the guy who obviously isn't.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But do you think Aaron Rodgers in Dallas isn't an MPV candidate every year despite our coaching? Luck is a phenom, defying all odds (Irsay/Pagano), and putting up great numbers in Indy (granted, he had Arians for some of it).
Both guys would have had hell being productive, in Dak's place last year. BUT... I am pretty sure Rodgers would have had the gravitas to say "Hey coach, this is stupid. We have got to stop letting them take Beasley away." Dak really doesn't have the seasoning to argue. Even if the kid knows what's wrong, I am sure he is reluctant to chime in about it.

That's another problem in Dallas - the coaches don't welcome player input.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Prescott is a 4th rd draft pick
In the most QB rich draft since 1983. By far.

Look, it's okay with me if you've concluded Dak sucks and has a noodle arm. I don't share that opinion. That should be okay with you.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Prescott is a game manager. You can put a silk hat on a pigs head..its still a piggy..lol....

Foles isn't even a game manager level QB IMO, and the Eagles won 3 post season games and a Super Bowl with him.

Trouty

Reaction score
Both guys would have had hell being productive, in Dak's place last year. BUT... I am pretty sure Rodgers would have had the gravitas to say "Hey coach, this is stupid. We have got to stop letting them take Beasley away." Dak really doesn't have the seasoning to argue. Even if the kid knows what's wrong, I am sure he is reluctant to chime in about it.

That's another problem in Dallas - the coaches don't welcome player input.

Yup. I’m sure they listen to Dak if he has something to say. He comes across as assertive (a great trait). Our fumbling coaches wouldn’t be able to process it, nor lend any credence.

Romo would just grab the horse and steer it himself! Aikman as GM and Romo as HC would be some next level management! :)

I’m pulling for the kid. And praying and tithing for a regime change.

Trouty

Reaction score
Foles isn't even a game manager level QB IMO, and the Eagles won 3 post season games and a Super Bowl with him.
Foles just had an all time post season run. Still, he needs to prove he isn’t a game manager. Next year seals it. He needs to get the fuck out of Philly and the NFC while proving it lol

Trouty

Reaction score
The Giants 2OA is going to shape a chunk of the NFCE, as well. They must mess it up. There’s a shitoad of QBs in this draft class, tho.

It’s getting spicy as fuck in the NFCE.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dallas is way behind the curve in nfc because ownership

By that simply means no gm and no coach. You dont need to have the best roster to compete, but garrett does and its still by the skin of his little backatabbing rat teeth....

Gotta hope for a guy like defillipo is willing to be a hc here if dallas shits the bed next season

Thats a guy who is a master of rpo and dak would be a force in rpo.. he is really good w selling his fakes and a beast on the keepers

So in reality tho, i hope for the old linehan. The offense had some creativity. Right now it looks like this offense is designed by someone just punching a clock and cashing a check. And you kno what at the very least garrett is a total bitch for letting it happen. No insteadjerry wants to spin that new position coaches are going to coach up all the players.

Fuh....,...king..,. Sad

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Gotta hope for a guy like defillipo is willing to be a hc here if dallas shits the bed next season

I'm glad you came over here man, your posts consistently crack me up

Go defillipo!

9YNNHwb.png

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If? What is interesting about this move is that he goes to a team that what was already better than us. Look at what he did with Foles. Anyway, Eagles and Vikings clearly better than us. Rams likely better than us. Falcons about even. SF a dark horse. So I see us at best 4th best in the NFC. Even worse while we are all praying for Defillipo, the next coach worst case is Jeff Fisher (who Jerry admires) and best best case somebody like Art Briles (not what the Doctor ordered). Whats my point, things looks bleak indeed.

Top Bottom