Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Apparently Dak led the league in tight window throws last season
But, Dak doesn't have an arm didn't you hear? And he's not accurate at all. This from a "football man" who posted it, in this very thread!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That’s why I thought it might be a good idea to share that stat in this thread as well as the dump Dez thread

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That’s why I thought it might be a good idea to share that stat in this thread as well as the dump Dez thread

It should start the crickets chirping, because there's really no way to explain how a non-elite guy with no arm and no accuracy could possibly lead the league in tight-window passing.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My word guys.....really? Which pass from his 50 yards or so a half were in the tight windows you folks speak of? I mean, he went into the last possession of a half with 30 passing yards in one of our games and he often needed that last possession to get him near 100 yards. Let's not talk stupid.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
My word guys.....really? Which pass from his 50 yards or so a half were in the tight windows you folks speak of? I mean, he went into the last possession of a half with 30 passing yards in one of our games and he often needed that last possession to get him near 100 yards. Let's not talk stupid.
Stats are stats. Dak was #1 in tight-window passing. It just is what it is.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stats are stats. Dak was #1 in tight-window passing. It just is what it is.

What are "tight window throws?" We were dead last in the NFL going down field and now Dak is some surgeon under center. Yeah, OK. He's not accurate, at least not yet. And one can argue that Dak has a hard time throwing his receivers open and makes late decisions on where to go with the ball which creates his own "tight window." And the same type of "stat" says that Brandon Weeden was the most accurate QB we've had under center in the history of this franchise. I know better and I trust what my eyes tell me.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And just to add, the surgeon knows what he needs to improve on in the off-season. But according to you guys, he's a tight window passer. I guess he didn't get the memo.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The article is calling a tight window when the receiver has 1 yard or less of seperation

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The article is calling a tight window when the receiver has 1 yard or less of seperation

We didn't have a receiver sniff 1000 yards. Not one. Think about that in today's NFL. And the "tight window" meme is BS. Dak throws late artificially causing his own "tight window." He's inaccurate, has little pocket presence and poor vision. That doesn't mean he can't or won't improve. But he had one of the worst stretches of QB play that I can remember; it was that bad. When you're praying your QB breaks 100 yards passing in the first half and then turn and call him an accurate "tight window passer" is laughable. You guys are making yourself look foolish and I'm being kind.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

Seeing how we have receivers who rarely get separation thats all the window Dak has to throw in typically.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
What are "tight window throws?" We were dead last in the NFL going down field and now Dak is some surgeon under center. Yeah, OK. He's not accurate, at least not yet. And one can argue that Dak has a hard time throwing his receivers open and makes late decisions on where to go with the ball which creates his own "tight window." And the same type of "stat" says that Brandon Weeden was the most accurate QB we've had under center in the history of this franchise. I know better and I trust what my eyes tell me.

Weeden that throws the nicest ball that Jerry has ever seen.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Weeden that throws the nicest ball that Jerry has ever seen.

Yeah, that guy. Another tight window surgeon.

[video=youtube;KaPuSLRQR8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaPuSLRQR8Q[/video]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We didn't have a receiver sniff 1000 yards. Not one. Think about that in today's NFL. And the "tight window" meme is BS. Dak throws late artificially causing his own "tight window." He's inaccurate, has little pocket presence and poor vision. That doesn't mean he can't or won't improve. But he had one of the worst stretches of QB play that I can remember; it was that bad. When you're praying your QB breaks 100 yards passing in the first half and then turn and call him an accurate "tight window passer" is laughable. You guys are making yourself look foolish and I'm being kind.

Hard to believe the person you are describing also had the greatest rookie QB season ever in the NFL, played perhaps the best postseason game ever by a rookie QB and then followed that up with a strong 8 games to start his 2nd season.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hard to believe the person you are describing also had the greatest rookie QB season ever in the NFL, played perhaps the best postseason game ever by a rookie QB and then followed that up with a strong 8 games to start his 2nd season.

And yet everything I said was true so what's your point. Jason Garrett coached his teams to 12 and 4 and 13 and 3 seasons but that doesn't make him a good coach. Dak has work to do. If you think he's an accurate assassin with the football, have at it. If you think a list missing Tom Brady and includes Carson Palmer and Tyrod Taylor is evidence of some mad football skills, have at that too.

Oh, and do you know who is #3 on the list of best tight window receivers? That's right, Dez Bryant. Stick that in your pipe.

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I'm inclined to agree, I don't have a clue how to evaluate players but even I can see he throws high on seemingly every throw, often behind the receiver so it can't be caught in stride and then I noticed he does random stuff like jump up in the air as he's throwing with no one even around him which has to take away from his velocity and accuracy vs setting his feet.

I love the guy in many ways but his passing abilities seem like obvious liabilities at this point in his career

Top Bottom