dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Like omega said, anyone else slightly concerned about cb? We know you need three of them and they always seem to get banged up. What if Jones isn't ready right away -- very likely coming from uconn -- and/or Carr and Scandrick don't make it all year? Who is this year's Sterling Moore?

I thought they might take at least one more DB than they did.

That said they did sign Corey White from the Saints and Tyler Patmon looks like a promising nickel/dime type guy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What would you say that extensive use of the running game would be? I don't buy it either. I think Dallas will not average over 28 carries a game by week 10 with Linehan.

Unless the defense is an utter train wreck, there's almost no way this happens.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Also hate that our Purdue DE was basically a no effort guy. Thought thats what we wanted, go hard effort guys who loved football.

I saw some questioning why he didnt have more production, but I also heard one of those draft guys mentioning that he has been playing out of position in Purdue's scheme for a couple seasons too. Seems almost everyone believes he is a far better fit for a 4-3 LDE spot.

I am reasonably sure Marinelli would have significant input here with this guy (just like he has with all theother DL's we picked). If he was a total dog I doubt Marinelli would want him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This is just the latest. Zach Martin --- the first rookie to ever win All-Pro, a key to the success of the Cowboys OL. There was no OL unit in the entire NFL that garnered as much media attention as the Cowboys' OL.

And so... what did the Redskins do? They overdraft Scherff, and pass on arguably the best player in the draft (Leonard Williams). Scherff is not the 5th best player the draft.

But like all the other times.. Redskins' fans will claim that Scherff is better than Martin. Which will be bullshit.

The selection of Scherff is just a continuation of Snyder literally keeping up with the Jones's.
And same could be said about them recruiting and acquiring, Callahan - before this draft?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ugh.

2. Callahan was probably in the booth because he and Garrett didn't get along at all due to Jerry yanking his playcalling duties and handing them to Callahan. (Which BTW was not Callahan's fault.) It's possible to say Pollack will be fine for us while also giving Callahan credit for being a good coach.

Quit with the bullshit. You only proved my point. If Callahan was up in the booth doing playcalling, then he couldn't have possibly been all that involved and hands-on with running the Oline. Duh.

But wait... you would have us believe that Garrett and Callahan didn't get along at all due to Jerry yanking his playcalling duties and handing them to Callahan? But yet Garrett gets a long with Linehan, to whom also he AND Callahan lost the playcalling duties? GTFOH.

3. You're right, I did notice that the Skins drafted both offensive and defensive players this draft. Clearly they were copying the Cowboys, who did the exact same thing the year before.

Whatever asshat. They used a fucking 1st rounder (TOP 5 PICK) for a RIGHT TACKLE, that supposedly they intend to convert to Guard.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And same could be said about them recruiting and acquiring, Callahan - before this draft?

Snyder: If it worked for the Cowboys, it should work for the Redskins.

Why wasn't Callahan re-signed?

Why only the Redskins and no other team pursue Callahan?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So Callahan did nothing during the week? Meetings and practice don't matter, only Sundays?

It's well-reported in the DFW media that Callahan and Garrett did not get along. This isn't some crackpot theory.

And Jerry allowed Garrett to get someone he was more comfortable with, so he got his old pal Linehan. Of course they get along well. It's a completely different situation from Callahan.

It's okay though Laz, as long as you hate Garrett you're still my boy.:like

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why only the Redskins and no other team pursue Callahan?

The Browns wanted to hire him as OC the yr before and we blocked it.

He went straight to the Redskins this yr because of the Jay/Jon Gruden connection. The Redskins also made him one of the higher paid asst coaches in the league.

He's highly regarded as a OL coach, I dont doubt that he will improve their OL play.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's well-reported in the DFW media that Callahan and Garrett did not get along. This isn't some crackpot theory.

And Jerry allowed Garrett to get someone he was more comfortable with, so he got his old pal Linehan. Of course they get along well. It's a completely different situation from Callahan.

Callahan wasnt very good when he was calling plays.

As for your 2nd part, every HC should work with people they are comfortable with and all the good coaches in the league insist on hiring and firing coaches for exactly this reason.

Lastly, the offense was VASTLY better under Linehan. He's a better OC.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I saw some questioning why he didnt have more production, but I also heard one of those draft guys mentioning that he has been playing out of position in Purdue's scheme for a couple seasons too. Seems almost everyone believes he is a far better fit for a 4-3 LDE spot.

I am reasonably sure Marinelli would have significant input here with this guy (just like he has with all theother DL's we picked). If he was a total dog I doubt Marinelli would want him.

I don't think it was necessarily a position thing as it was Purdue had 2 different defenses the last 2 years.

He beasted in '12 according to an account I read when they were looking at guys like Kawann Short or whatever his name was.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Like omega said, anyone else slightly concerned about cb? We know you need three of them and they always seem to get banged up. What if Jones isn't ready right away -- very likely coming from uconn -- and/or Carr and Scandrick don't make it all year? Who is this year's Sterling Moore?

We are only keeping 5 CB, 6 if we go short at safety.

Scandrick
Carr
Mo
Jones
White
Patmon

I think Corey White will have to be our Moore if Jones is unable to step up. Personally I like our CB depth.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't even count Claiborne. Doubt his knee is even ready. That's a serious injury, not like a routine ACL tear.

So like I said, if Carr or Scandrick get banged up, Jones better be good as a rookie.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't even count Claiborne. Doubt his knee is even ready. That's a serious injury, not like a routine ACL tear.

So like I said, if Carr or Scandrick get banged up, Jones better be good as a rookie.
Of course, a good pass rush makes any secondary look alot better. Total lack of one makes even the best ones look bad. So, it's relative.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

They might not be done with CB. Could look at free agency again later there, maybe after cut downs in preseason.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They might not be done with CB. Could look at free agency again later there, maybe after cut downs in preseason.

That's what I would do: Get a non-star but solid vet who gets cut for cap reasons. He doesn't have to be great, just someone who knows what he's doing.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing. Carr likely will be cut after June 1st, so I imagine other teams will do some unloading.

Top Bottom