Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
People keep saying Lamar Jackson's play isn't feasible, that the league is going to figure him out and/or beat him down. Maybe someday, but right now I don't know the answer, and it doesn't look like anyone else does, either.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
People keep saying Lamar Jackson's play isn't feasible, that the league is going to figure him out and/or beat him down. Maybe someday, but right now I don't know the answer, and it doesn't look like anyone else does, either.
All gimmicks flash for a year then die. It's the NFL. The Jackson problem will get solved. It's not "the future," it's just a gimmick.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
All gimmicks flash for a year then die. It's the NFL. The Jackson problem will get solved. It's not "the future," it's just a gimmick.
Normally I'd agree, if it stays a gimmick. But he's already shown improvement as an actual quarterback over last year, probably more so than Vick did in years. If that improvement halts or stalls, than it'll stay a gimmick and die off eventually. But if it continues, he can possibly evolve into more.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Normally I'd agree, if it stays a gimmick. But he's already shown improvement as an actual quarterback over last year, probably more so than Vick did in years. If that improvement halts or stalls, than it'll stay a gimmick and die off eventually. But if it continues, he can possibly evolve into more.
It's a gimmick, that doesn't mean he can't keep being successful after the gimmick is busted.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's a gimmick, that doesn't mean he can't keep being successful after the gimmick is busted.
Truth, if he puts in the work. And by all accounts that come out of Baltimore all everyone talks about is how he works at it.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Beasley with a touchdown and a two point conversion, Buffalo trying to come back.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

It's not sustainable because of injury. Either a DC figures him out, or he'll get broken. One way or the other. Running QB's in the NFL don't last.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Truth, if he puts in the work. And by all accounts that come out of Baltimore all everyone talks about is how he works at it.
It's gonna be his coaching, recognizing the end of the gimmick and what he needs to do going forward, that's gonna make or break him as a career player.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not that there was any suspense involved, but the Redskins are officially eliminated from the playoffs.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ravens could have ended the Bills right there, but they tripped Beasley on a fourth and 16 play.

Top Bottom