icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
whats the odds of mitch trubisky balling out vs. the hot boyz defense ?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Can Amari Cooper produce on the road?

Receiver Amari Cooper’s home and road numbers remain a mystery.

At home, he has 47 catches for 758 yards with five touchdowns. On the road, it’s 17 for 213 with two touchdowns. He was shut out against Patriots and three for 38 against the Lions in the past two road games, against two of the league’s premier cornerbacks, Stephon Gilmore and Darius Slay.

“I checked out the numbers actually I have significantly less targets on the road than I have at home,” Cooper said. “I think the numbers I have 60 targets at home and I have 32 on the road. So obviously the more opportunities you have in any setting, situation, you’re going to be better off. It’s just like basketball, you shoot the ball more you’re going to have more points. If you only have two shots then you only score four points.”

Cooper doesn’t think the Cowboys need to be more conscious about getting him the ball early and often.

“The reason I don’t go to the coaches and say I want x amount of targets on the road is I truly feel like we have so many playmakers on your offense that I don’t need 10 targets,” Cooper said.

But the facts are the Cowboys need Cooper involved as big factor in their success, either making plays or creating for the other receivers.
---------------------------------------------------------------
You have less targets because you're not getting open, dummy.

Sal Monella

Man among boys
Reaction score
gettyimages-1186954726-e1575485628711.jpg

Getty Images

The Bears ruled out four players for Thursday night’s game against the Cowboys and they don’t think cornerback Prince Amukamara will play either.

Amukamara is listed as doubtful for the home game against Dallas due to the hamstring injury that’s kept him out of practice this week.

Kyle Fuller and Buster Skrine would be the top two Bears corners in Amukamara’s absence. Duke Shelley and Kevin Tolliver are also on the active roster.

The Bears ruled out tight end Ben Braunecker (concussion), wide receiver Taylor Gabriel (concussion), right tackle Bobby Massie (ankle) and linebacker Danny Trevathan (elbow). All four of them were also out for last Thursday’s win over the Lions.

Sal Monella

Man among boys
Reaction score
gettyimages-1184798352-e1575487330936.jpg

Getty Images

The Cowboys were missing three players due to injuries in last Thursday’s loss to the Bills and the same three players have been ruled out ahead of this Thursday’s trip to Chicago.

Linebacker Leighton Vander Esch announced he’d miss the game with a neck injury on Tuesday. Safety Jeff Heath (shoulders) and defensive tackle Antwaun Woods (knee) are the others who have been scratched on Wednesday.

Running back Tony Pollard is the only player in the questionable category for Dallas. He’s been bothered by an ankle injury this week.

Left tackle Tyron Smith (Achilles) and Michael Bennett (foot) were both limited participants in Wednesday’s practice, but are set to play after failing to receive injury designations.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m picking the Bears

This team has shown me that we can’t put one foot in front of the other right now

Until that changes I’m picking “the other team”

Plus both my heart and my head desperately “want” the other teams to destroy us and embarrass us each game

That’s the only sure recipe for a Garrett departure

Anything less and it leaves it open for him to come back next season.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
whats the odds of mitch trubisky balling out vs. the hot boyz defense ?
Trubisky's been on fire these last few games. If they let him keep doing what he's been doing, the Cowboys defense won't be able to do much to stop him, barring a sack and a miracle fumble. Especially if Anthony Miller keeps balling like he has with 21 catches for 271 yards the last three games. And if they combine that with a good defensive performance like everyone knows the Bears can do, and I say we're looking at about a 27-17 loss.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Tom Pelissero‏ @TomPelissero 1hr

#Colts K Adam Vinatieri had an MRI on his ailing knee after practice today and his status for Sunday is in doubt, sources tell me and @RapSheet. He’s meeting with team brass and doctors Thursday morning to determine what’s next. They claimed Chase McLaughlin off waivers today.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Trubisky's been on fire these last few games. If they let him keep doing what he's been doing, the Cowboys defense won't be able to do much to stop him, barring a sack and a miracle fumble. Especially if Anthony Miller keeps balling like he has with 21 catches for 271 yards the last three games. And if they combine that with a good defensive performance like everyone knows the Bears can do, and I say we're looking at about a 27-17 loss.

27-17 seems overly optimistic to me.

I think 28-10 seems more like it.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

i think it was scot that posted it, but there are several players w/ more picks than this team

im starting to think coach little richard is talking about something else when he references ball skills

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently there is going to be breaking news shortly about another Cowboy player "in legal trouble", said it was just announced on 105.3 but they didn't name the player yet.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
A Cowboy defensive lineman getting in trouble over drugs? Has that ever happened before?? :rolleyes

Jerry and Red sure do run a taut ship.

Top Bottom