Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It’s about the same honestly.
With the small exception of no one getting banned for their opinion?
I think it’s realistic to believe the Cowboys will have success this year.
It's just as realistic and even more so to believe it will be more 8-8 mediocre crap. See? I agree your view is realistic, even reasonable. This is where you screw up - you can't ever admit a opposing view to your own is realistic or even reasonable.
Cowboys will have success
What's your definition of the word "success" as it relates to the Dallas Cowboys? Mine is nothing less than a Super Bowl win, as defined by Roger Staubach after he won the first one. 12-4 and a playoff loss is NOT a successful season in Dallas. It's merely a good, albeit disappointing one.
Stop with the 18 years. Move on.
Yep stop with the facts, they get in the way of the mindless cheerleading and annoy the cheerleaders..

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Realist approach - State your opinion, admit when you are wrong.
Homer approach - Predict championship, never apologize for being a great fan.

Yep, the same thing.
ZING!

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Oh, and I may be in the minority but I thought that Showers flashed enough decency to be given a solid look at our backup spot. He won't, but I thought he looked tons better than Vaughn and way better than Weeden has ever looked.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I just wanted him to clear his fucking throat. He was annoying as hell.
I've always wanted to choke Campo, starting with the team film for SB 27, when Jimmy related how he told the reporter "We're not Houston" when at halftime, the reporter asked about Buffalo coming back on the Oilers and was Jimmy worried about that happening to Dallas. Jimmy said on the narrative of the film, "we didn't want to plant that negative seed in our players' minds" then the film cuts to the sideline, Campo telling the defense "Now remember, these guys came back big on Houston...."

Can't stand the man. He doesn't fucking get it at all.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Oh, and I may be in the minority but I thought that Showers flashed enough decency to be given a solid look at our backup spot. He won't, but I thought he looked tons better than Vaughn and way better than Weeden has ever looked.
Showers will be your third QB if he makes the cut for special teams. Vaughan is toast, it's just a numbers game. Vaughan is likely gone even if Showers is too. Because we have two roster spots that must be open for the two suspended players. Can't keep a 3rd QB unless he made the team otherwise, for special teams.

And I agree, Showers has demonstrable upside.

Reaction score
Dramatic much? Cowboys are thin at some spots like O-line but are also deep at others like cornerback.

While you are crying in your cheerios about the Cowboys 4th-5th stringers not being as good as the 49ers 4th-5th stringers, ill think about how well that young D-line played. Russell, Gardner, Jack Crawford, Gregory, Coleman, ect.

the problem is the idiot realists can't see beyond their own nose and lack perspective

there is no nuance or comparative analysis, just "gahhhh this sucks why cant everything be perfect i hate this"

throw not your pearls before swine young padawan

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
the problem is the idiot realists
Only one person here has claimed to be a "realist."

But of course you don't read, (or can't) this is why you don't know there has been actual nuance, perspective and comparative analysis.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
“Still think the back end of our roster is bottom five in the league.” Really, how the hell do you know that?
That wasn't my quote but it's safe to assume that when the opponents back end of its roster kicks the shit out of ours two weeks in a row, we're not looking too good on our back end.

Reaction score
Only one person here has claimed to be a "realist."

But of course you don't read, (or can't) this is why you don't know there has been actual nuance, perspective and comparative analysis.

i read alot of hyperbole and bullshit maybe we wear different glasses

Reaction score
That wasn't my quote but it's safe to assume that when the opponents back end of its roster kicks the shit out of ours two weeks in a row, we're not looking too good on our back end.

It was a dumb post. I think they were just being dramatic. He doesn’t know. An educated fan would know that the Cowboys are deep at some positions and weak at others. He later followed i up with “Cowboys have backup players with zero talent”. Really? Zero? lol Jesus Christ. Like i said, dramatic.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It was a dumb post. I think they were just being dramatic. He doesn’t know. An educated fan would know that the Cowboys are deep at some positions and weak at others. He later followed i up with “Cowboys have backup players with zero talent”. Really? Zero? lol Jesus Christ. Like i said, dramatic.
Dramatic is the opponent kicking our asses in the kicking game two weeks in a row.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So I wonder how much effort we put into this next game. Do we actually get some starters a few series of work in the traditional dress rehearsal game, or continue to fear playing anyone with any little nick and go into Week One completely cold?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So I wonder how much effort we put into this next game. Do we actually get some starters a few series of work in the traditional dress rehearsal game, or continue to fear playing anyone with any little nick and go into Week One completely cold?
You're being dramatic.

Top Bottom