LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Showers will be your third QB if he makes the cut for special teams. Vaughan is toast, it's just a numbers game. Vaughan is likely gone even if Showers is too. Because we have two roster spots that must be open for the two suspended players. Can't keep a 3rd QB unless he made the team otherwise, for special teams.

And I agree, Showers has demonstrable upside.

They wouldn't have to open those roster spots until the suspension is completed, then all they would have to do is cut.

Reaction score
After his video review of the SF game, Brian Broaddus says that Weems had a decent game (was much improved over the previous week) and that Bernadeau had problems.

Reaction score
Broaddus has a side to him that is Spagnola-ish.

Maybe, but i think he does give his own opinion. He tends to have his pet players although he has been critical of Weems for much of the camp. Sometimes you can rewatch a game and focus in on a player and see that maybe he didn’t do so bad.

*sorry mods if this post is too positive.

Reaction score
Showers will be your third QB if he makes the cut for special teams. Vaughan is toast, it's just a numbers game. Vaughan is likely gone even if Showers is too. Because we have two roster spots that must be open for the two suspended players. Can't keep a 3rd QB unless he made the team otherwise, for special teams.

And I agree, Showers has demonstrable upside.

Suspended players don't count against the roster until they return.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They wouldn't have to open those roster spots until the suspension is completed, then all they would have to do is cut.
I'm fully aware of this. You still have to have the spots open and there's no point keeping a 3rd QB if you know you're cutting him in 4, 6 weeks, whatever it is.

Top Bottom