dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess we are recapping some of the reasons behind the guys we picked.

I really enjoyed it, wish I could have been live for the whole thing. Hope we do another one similar to this before the draft and have more participants.

The team I got I absolutely cant stand. I hate the Niners, with a passion. But I did my best to draft guys that made sense for them and people I would draft if my team had similar needs or positions of concern. My plan was either to draft the stud 3-4 pass rush guy (Quinn or Von Miller) or take Gabbert as the answer to the ongoing QB issue. Since Quinn and Miller got picked before I went, I got the other target on my list.

San Francisco 49ers (dbair1967)
1(7) Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri: They dont have a QB, Alex Smith aint it. Gabbert probably fits Harbaugh's passing scheme the best of anyone in this draft, and they need a corrnerstone to build around.

2(45) Leonard Hankerson WR Miami: One, he was the guy I thought was BPA here. Two, he's a talented WR and gives Gabbert a trio of really talented skill guys to throw to with Crabtree, Davis and now Hankerson.

3(76) Brooks Reed DE Arizona: Other than QB, their biggest "need" is pass rush IMO. And Reed seems to fit the mold of a true 3-4 OLB. Probably a role player initially but has starting potential.

4(107) Jeremy Beal OLB Oklahoma: Had I been able to do the whole thing live I probably would have picked someone else here after taking Reed in the 3rd rd, but they cant rush the passer and he has 3-4 OLB potential, as well as a guy who can put his hand on the ground in a 4-man nickel defense RDE role.

4(114) Shareece Wright CB USC: Like Wright alot and really thought he'd go a little earlier. Good nickel CB candidate with starting potential.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I won't go through all my picks, I'd just like to point out that I may have cheated a little. For the last 3 weeks I've been talking to a Detroit Lions fan at scout.com.

He gave me the run down on what his team is lacking and what he'd like to see happen on draft weekend in April.

cowboys2194

Practice Squad
Reaction score
1(1) Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson- There was a couple things i was thinking here, DE, DT, and WR were all needs of

the Panthers, I was gonna suprise the board and take AJ Green because i figured i could try n get back into the first

round n grab a DE or DT but instead i went with who i think is gonna be better. Bowers is a peer pass rusher n is

gonna be n instint beast.

1(17). Brandon Harris CB Miami- I had jumped back into the first round trying to grab a WR but instead grab a great

Corner who has some potential and thought it was a big need but would clear up some age at that spot.

3(65)Deunta Williams S North Carolina- A great pick here another player i though was BPA and thought he had early

secound round potential. It was just another pick that would help sure up that D that carolina is none for.

4(97) Austin Pettis WR Boise St- Didnt do much research on WR even though it was a need but figured he was a name

i knew so i took him for my final pick. He is probably a reach but i dont care i got a WR lol

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I won't go through all my picks, I'd just like to point out that I may have cheated a little. For the last 3 weeks I've been talking to a Detroit Lions fan at scout.com.

He gave me the run down on what his team is lacking and what he'd like to see happen on draft weekend in April.

Plus,you totally grabbed Carter in front of me.

I wish I liked you.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
My bad, Homey.

Don't feel bad, Midswat stole Rahim Moore from me, and I was sure I'd get Ahmad Black in the 3rd, but Mr. Mike W. would have none of that.

Reaction score
cowboys2194 took a 1-15 teams draft and sold out on the secondary and receivers.

Sbk is pleased.

:awkward

Reaction score
I'm a fan of my Bill's draft. The automated 3rd and 4th rounds turned out pretty good. last time I let my body fail me during a mock draft...

DoomsdayDefense

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I missed the second day, but I ended up with great picks in the 3rd and fourth rounds. Overall I like my draft. No write-up, other than I wanted to get defense in the first and a QB in the 2nd. That's where the value was IMHO.

I just turned in my grades, hopefully in time.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Are there plans for another one of these before the draft?

Not sure if you are aware, but we have a contest going on right now.

There's a sticky in the main forum.

$50 to the winner. 2nd place gets a prize also.

Top Bottom