cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I take that back (kind of). Of course I like the 1st round pick and I like what he did in the 3rd. Just not a fan of his 2nd and 4th round picks nor the gang-raping he took when he traded down in the 1st round.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I take that back (kind of). Of course I like the 1st round pick and I like what he did in the 3rd. Just not a fan of his 2nd and 4th round picks nor the gang-raping he took when he traded down in the 1st round.

Within the context of a mock like this, getting a willing trading partner doesn't seem to be quite as easy as they do it during the actual draft– It's a much different dynamic.

If I stayed at #9, I would have picked Solder. But I didn't consider that a good option... So I let the trade go through. As it was I ended up with the tackle from Pittsburgh, who'll probably be moved to guard. That trade potentially sealed two holes in the offensive line.

The kid from Iowa in the 2nd round seemed to be one of the remaining 4-3 DT's, who was large enough and fast enough to project out as a 3-4 DE. The kid needs some strength, but he's been a 2nd rounder/borderline first rounder on many sites that I visited.

The 4th rounder, the LB from LSU has been highly rated by both Ourlads and Kiper. He's suppose to be bright, but more importantly he's large enough to man Brady James position at some point.

sbk92

Reaction score
I don't want to comment before the grading but I thought Dallas picks were pretty solid.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wow. Somebody selected Jerrell Powe for me, and that was the player I was going after when Greg Little was picked.

sbk92

Reaction score
Waiting on Jacksonville. He sent a list but all the players on it are already off the board.

sbk92

Reaction score
Okay.

I would check your team's listing in the team by team thread and make sure it's accurate.

Anyone who wants to grade the classes, send them to me. Grade them on a scale of 1-10. 1 being awful, 10 being excellent. Also, tell me who the biggest reach was in the draft and who the biggest steal was.

Don't grade your own team. I won't count it. Also, don't bother grading the DCU ran teams. Just your peers.

I'll take grades up to Friday and then post the report card and crown a winner over the weekend.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Does the Bears GM realize that Matt Szczur (WR Villanova) has chosen to play baseball??

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Thank you to all the participants... The mock was very enjoyable.

Also a big thanks to the "commish" for his fine handling of the process and the others that were helping "behind the scenes".

Again it was a lot of fun, and was a great way to kill a couple of days in February.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score

Also a big thanks to the "commish" for his fine handling of the process and the others that were helping "behind the scenes".

Again it was a lot of fun, and was a great way to kill a couple of days in February.

Sorry if I steered you away from taking Rahim Moore in the second. I wanted him. Chris did a great job of trying to prove me wrong.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Apparently my 4th round pick (Mark Herzlich) didn't count?

Also, did the Bears GM get a do-over? It shows 4(125) Dwayne Harris WR East Carolina now but I'm pretty sure he drafted Matt Szczur WR Villanova

Last edited:

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

I concur.

Next time,I will try to do a little home work on other teams to make better picks for absentee GMs and site run teams.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Sorry if I steered you away from taking Rahim Moore in the second. I wanted him. Chris did a great job of trying to prove me wrong.

You know, it did influence me some.

But would the Cowboys be better with Tyson Smith, Rahim Moore and a 3rd round defensive end or as I did it with Smith, Ballard & Black?

I guess we'll see how all of their careers turn out.

I think Moore is a very talented FS who would be an instant upgrade. However, from what I've read about Ahmad Black, while undersized he's a solid tackler and is a ball-hawk too...

The problem with not taking a potential 3-4 DE in round two is that the pool really thins out... Many of the 4-3 DT's who could transition to a 3-4 end dries up because the DT's that are left are just too undersized.

A real quandary would have been if Phil Taylor was there at pick #40.

Do you pull the trigger and do what many fans want, i.e. push Ratliff to DE? Interesting thought.

For me it still comes back to what to do at pick #9. Do you take an offensive lineman earlier than they should go? Or do you try to trade down?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score

But would the Cowboys be better with Tyson Smith, Rahim Moore and a 3rd round defensive end or as I did it with Smith, Ballard & Black?

I think Moore is a very talented FS who would be an instant upgrade. However, from what I've read about Ahmad Black, while undersized he's a solid tackler and is a ball-hawk too...

The problem with not taking a potential 3-4 DE in round two is that the pool really thins out... Many of the 4-3 DT's who could transition to a 3-4 end dries up because the DT's that are left are just too undersized.

Do you pull the trigger and do what many fans want, i.e. push Ratliff to DE? Interesting thought.

For me it still comes back to what to do at pick #9. Do you take an offensive lineman earlier than they should go? Or do you try to trade down?

You did fine.

I missed out on Moore in the second by a few picks. Then you took Ahmad Black who I would have been more than happy to take in the 3rd.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I know I gave you a hard time but I felt the Ahmad Black pick out you over the top. I'm just not a fan of Ballard or Shepperd but I understand why you picked them. Moore in the 2nd would have been brilliant but again, getting Black in the 3rd was a steal.

sbk92

Reaction score
Some people are wondering how to grade.

Just go over to the team by team selections thread. Look over each class and give them a grade of 1-10.

Add in what player you thought was the biggest reach of the draft and which player was the biggest steal. Of the entire draft, not each class.

PM me that information. I'll add them all up and post the results. If you want to post your grades in here, feel free.

Top Bottom