LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Any word if they are picking up his option? A decision has to be made soon.

My understanding is that if they do, he will receive the average of the top 10 at his position because he was a top 10 selection.

If the Cowboys pick up the option, they have to pay Claiborne $11 million.

Which might explain why Scandrick is acting like the bitch that he is. He knows the Cowboys are not likely to pick p that option, and that they also are going to cut Carr.

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but didn't Garrett basically say they were going to pick up the option, saying something like he's shown enough to warrant them picking it up or some shit?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not picking it up means they would have to admit he is a bust.

Won't happen.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Won't happen.

At this stage, they don't even know if he will be able to avoid the PUP list let alone decide how he will perform in 2016.

Pride is one thing, but they would be absolutely stupid to pick it up.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Won't happen.

I'm betting against you Doom, someone seems to have found a way to keep jerri consistently constrained from his wildcat ways so unless he is able to escape their grasp, I believe logic will win out and they will not exercise his option.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
At this stage, they don't even know if he will be able to avoid the PUP list let alone decide how he will perform in 2016.

Pride is one thing, but they would be absolutely stupid to pick it up.

yup!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm betting against you Doom, someone seems to have found a way to keep jerri consistently constrained from his wildcat ways so unless he is able to escape their grasp, I believe logic will win out and they will not exercise his option.
Pride is hard for Jerruh to swallow. Hope you're right though, Claiborne has never been anything but a liability in every way.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No way in hell they pick up his option, it would be a horrendous decision (not beyond jerri's capabilities tho). If I understand correctly, The 11 mill is guaranteed if he gets injured so there is no benefit whatsoever to do this given his performance and injury history.

Having said this of course diarrhea mouth jones said this back in January:

https://twitter.com/DMN_George/status/557614418209832961

I thinking Stephen Jones will prevail.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Pride is hard for Jerruh to swallow. Hope you're right though, Claiborne has never been anything but a liability in every way.

Me too, that pick was SO disappointing......If they had made good use of those two picks instead of drafting Claiborne it might have made the difference in winning the Super Bowl last year

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ok it was Jerry not Jason. I sometimes get my idiotic cowboy leaders mixed up.

:lol

Speaking of, anyone just see Garrett at the Mavs playoff game? Rockets hit a crazy shot to go up three with like 10 seconds left, and he just had that concrete creepy smile on his face for like six solid seconds.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Speaking of, anyone just see Garrett at the Mavs playoff game? Rockets hit a crazy shot to go up three with like 10 seconds left, and he just had that concrete creepy smile on his face for like six solid seconds.
dcugarrett.jpg

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Me too, that pick was SO disappointing......If they had made good use of those two picks instead of drafting Claiborne it might have made the difference in winning the Super Bowl last year

Bobby Wagner and Brockers... yeah.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Would only make the horrible pick worse to take that kind of a salary cap hit for the guy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They arnt going to pick up his option.

In all likelihood the only reason he hasn't been cut yet is because they probably CANT cut him without giving him an injury settlement.

So they'll hang on to him until he is cleared to play (if he is) and then he'll be cut at the end of preseason.

Reaction score
:lol

Yup with that constant shit-eating grin like he was truly relishing the home team's defeat. And they kept cutting back to him just to torture us

Top Bottom