bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
That Bleacher Report article about McCarthy from last spring was pretty brutal. Getting massages instead of participating in walk-throughs? Not a good look.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That Bleacher Report article about McCarthy from last spring was pretty brutal. Getting massages instead of participating in walk-throughs? Not a good look.

I like it. I hope he got a few blow jobs too.

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
Not sure if it's been posted, but the McCarthy announcement/PC is tomorrow at 3pm CST.

I really hope DC.com puts the thing up in its entirety, would love to see it after work. I gotta admit I pumped up.

will this be live on dallas tv?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Have they announced who will be on Hard Knocks next season?

How much do you want to bet it’s going to be us with all the changes going on?

This is perfect theater for Jerry and a way to increase media coverage and income

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He musta just swept Jerruh right off his feet with charts graphs slide rules... Because damn this was fast. I didn't even have time to get my bet in on that!

Jerry hired Barry Switzer. Do you think he's become wiser since then? I'm hoping for the best, but IMO it doesn't take much to sweep Jerry off his feet. Probably a night of Johnny Walker Blue and competitive shoots and ladders.

Seriously now. I'm glad he went with a guy with a track record that was pretty good. Soon we'll find out how much that had to do with Rodgers.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jerry hired Barry Switzer. Do you think he's become wiser since then? I'm hoping for the best, but IMO it doesn't take much to sweep Jerry off his feet. Probably a night of Johnny Walker Blue and competitive shoots and ladders.

Seriously now. I'm glad he went with a guy with a track record that was pretty good. Soon we'll find out how much that had to do with Rodgers.
We covered this on another thread. MM developed Rodgers. Rodgers didn't carry that SB team. The defense did. MM developed that TEAM. Rodgers was 6-10 his first season and looked like a bust

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We covered this on another thread. MM developed Rodgers. Rodgers didn't carry that SB team. The defense did. MM developed that TEAM. Rodgers was 6-10 his first season and looked like a bust

Looks like your memory is better than mine on this. But yeah, he was 6-10 in 2008. I really didn't follow the Packers or him at all, so I forgot that detail. I just remember Rodgers coming in for an injured Favre in the 2007 Monday night game was it? He looked better than Favre and they almost came back to beat the Cowboys. But after that I just ignored him.

At least gives me some hope he can do something with Dak.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Troy Aikman Talks McCarthy to Cowboys, Brady, Cousins & More w/ Rich Eisen | Full Interview | 1/6/20

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I made a joke about this earlier as well, but I think after this came out they eventually said the massage stuff was b/s

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Discipline and accountability? Oh my.

Some snippets:

According to two former Green Bay Packers, new head coach Mike McCarthy will bring discipline and accountability to the Dallas Cowboys and his famed quarterback school will benefit Dak Prescott.

“This team has more talent than what he has had before,” Cobb said. “It will be interesting to see how he makes everything happen.”

He is big on discipline,” Cobb said. “He is big on accountability and making sure guys understand what we are doing.

The biggest thing for him is knowing your assignment — making sure you are where you are supposed to be and when you are supposed to be there. And making sure you are not making mental errors during the course of the game.
Yes, that is one thing he is going to have to talk to Jerry about, ‘let me do this’,” Finley said, adding that McCarthy is “going to get on you. It’s going to feel like you are back in college. You screw up on a play, and he is going to get on you.”

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
poor giants... theyre saying the giants hired the first guy to answer the phone at gillette stadium :( not nice

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

"The last time the Cowboys finished inside the top 5 in ST was 1998...Troy Aikman was still playing quarterback."

"The last time the Cowboys finished inside the top 5 in ST was 1998...Troy Aikman was still playing quarterback."

????????!??!!#&!#%$!$#!@

✭RIDE✭OR✭DIE✭

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I wasnt thrilled with the hire when the news first broke, (i wanted Josh McDaniels) but after reading about what he did with his time away from the game for a year and how he'll bring in his own analytics team in, I can say that I am cautiously optimistic.

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
its going to be so much fun watching how this all unfolds. and you got to beleive we see a different team. a different attitude. right ? anything besides that putrid garret process.

— I think we can win now. The assitants mentioned to be coming in here, are good.

— Make Dak great and this team should compete for SBs for the next 3-5 years.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
There will be a good-sized roster overhaul, starting with the Defensive line. "Check collectors" will be gone as well. Hopefully there will be personnel upgrades in the secondary. I'd like to see us draft or sign a REAL fullback and USE him, and we could use an upgrade to the TE spot as well. Linebacker is an issue, we have The Gimp and LVE as injury concerns left, since I expect Lee to retire. All in all we lack DEPTH and that's the main reason calling this roster "great" is silliness. It's better than average, only just. This is the first area McCarthy will be looking to improve once he has his staff in place. Hopefully he knows it is far from a pat hand, like Jerruh believes it is.

Top Bottom