MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
and where is that great player NOW?

Doesn't really matter where he's at now. The college game are pro game are two different animals. In college, you're not going to bench an upper class man that has been extremely successful for an under class man that hasn't proven himself yet. Hell even Barry Sanders didn't start right away in college. And Barry turned out to be pretty good didn't he?

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
4) this great player that wentz was unable to beat out- where is he now and what is he doing? Obviously NOT in the NFL. So if Wentz could not beat him out....

Lol at this retarded ass logic. Not surprised it's coming from this guy.

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter where he's at now. The college game are pro game are two different animals. In college, you're not going to bench an upper class man that has been extremely successful for an under class man that hasn't proven himself yet. Hell even Barry Sanders didn't start right away in college. And Barry turned out to be pretty good didn't he?

And you have the opposite characteristics where a Eric Crouch, or David Klingler, or in WRs Terrance Williams or Streets or Michael Crabtree or Mike Williams who are dominant or very successful in college or even, the most acclaimed team captain in the history of ever, but have no upside for the NFL. They have nowhere to go. They have capped at the college level (Kellen Moore). Goff is right on the brink. He has great college talent (as does Hogan) but physically he is not starting with the strongest of arms or fastest/quickest and if you put their cognitive abilities side by side (especially working memory and verbal comprehension) it's really not even close in favor of Wentz. It's not to say that Goff is limited as much as Wentz is exceptional. Goff could work for the Cowboys but he would need the offense to work with less time than Romo needs and more check downs, but them again any and all of the QBs who are not Romo need the offense to change or really, need an actual offensive design with real plays and not the "suggestions" that Linehan gives Romo

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
And you have the opposite characteristics where a Eric Crouch, or David Klingler, or in WRs Terrance Williams or Streets or Michael Crabtree or Mike Williams who are dominant or very successful in college or even, the most acclaimed team captain in the history of ever, but have no upside for the NFL. They have nowhere to go. They have capped at the college level (Kellen Moore). Goff is right on the brink. He has great college talent (as does Hogan) but physically he is not starting with the strongest of arms or fastest/quickest and if you put their cognitive abilities side by side (especially working memory and verbal comprehension) it's really not even close in favor of Wentz. It's not to say that Goff is limited as much as Wentz is exceptional. Goff could work for the Cowboys but he would need the offense to work with less time than Romo needs and more check downs, but them again any and all of the QBs who are not Romo need the offense to change or really, need an actual offensive design with real plays and not the "suggestions" that Linehan gives Romo

and just how many games has Wentz started again?

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Apparently so:

2016 Senior Bowl
* 2015, 2016 NCAA Division I Championship Game Most Outstanding Player
* 2014 College Sporting News Fab 50 All-America
* 2014 College Sporting News FCS Playoff MVP
* 2014, 2015 All-MVFC Honorable Mention
* 2015 MVFC Offensive Player of the Week
* 2015 NCAA Elite 90 Award
* 2013, 2014 NCAA Elite 89 Award
* 2015 CoSIDA Academic All-American of the Year
* 2014, 2015 CoSIDA Academic All-America First Team
* 2014, 2015 CoSIDA Academic All-District
* 2014, 2015 MVFC All-Academic First Team
* 2012, 2013 MVFC Commissioner's Academic Excellence Award
* 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 MVFC Honor Roll

Two-year team captain for the 2014 and 2015 NCAA Division I FCS national champions...Went 20-3 as a starter...Missed eight games his senior year with a broken wrist but came back to start the national championship game...First North Dakota native to quarterback the Bison to a national championship...As a first-year starter, rallied the Bison out of a 14-0 deficit in the season-opening win at Iowa State and orchestrated two late game-winning drives in the playoffs...Intelligent player who poses a dual threat to opposing defenses with good speed and a strong arm...Finished third in NDSU history for career passing attempts (612), completions (392), yards (5115), touchdowns (45), completion percentage (.641) and pass efficiency rating (153.9)...Also fifth in NDSU history with 6,143 yards of total offense

small time football and you still did not answer my question about being voted by his team mates as captain? was he? Odds are that a QB that could not beat out a guy probably working in an office now is not all that. Sure there are exceptions but why should he be one? Just how many small time QBs make it big in the NFL-odds are very much against him.. Flacco has not been all that; he got hot for a period of games a couple of times but other then that he has not actually had a great career.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The Manning/Leaf parallels are certainly there. Except Wentz seems to be much more mature than Leaf was.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
John Middlekauff of 95.7 The Game reported Wentz scored a 40 out of 50 on the combine's intelligence test, while Goff scored a 36. Both numbers are considered excellent overall, but this should only further Wentz's rapid rise up draft boards.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
small time football and you still did not answer my question about being voted by his team mates as captain? was he? Odds are that a QB that could not beat out a guy probably working in an office now is not all that. Sure there are exceptions but why should he be one? Just how many small time QBs make it big in the NFL-odds are very much against him.. Flacco has not been all that; he got hot for a period of games a couple of times but other then that he has not actually had a great career.

Have a hard time reading huh? Do I need to draw you a fucking picture?

Look under the last * genius

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Manning/Leaf parallels are certainly there. Except Wentz seems to be much more mature than Leaf was.

Him and Goff both are.

I actually like all 3 first round QB's, though I don't necessarily want Lynch at 4. Would prefer we be able to move down some (or trade back up into the 1st rd) if we are going to take him.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Have a hard time reading huh? Do I need to draw you a fucking picture?

Look under the last * genius

so where on that was he elected by his team mates? I know you are ignorant of a lot of things but on many college teams the captain is appointed by the coaching staff not elected by team mates.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Him and Goff both are.

I actually like all 3 first round QB's, though I don't necessarily want Lynch at 4. Would prefer we be able to move down some (or trade back up into the 1st rd) if we are going to take him.

I LIKE Wentz. Would not be horrified if he were our pick. But I believe Goff is better now and has more potential to be a better QB then Wentz does. The only edge Wentz has is that he is physically the better talent. Which is way down the list for importance in a QB.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score

It was not maturity; Leaf was a mental moron in most areas as his history has shown. Never could believe how anyone could not pick up on the red flags that were known about him.

The only thing the so called experts had to fault Manning on was his less than great arm and the idea that all of the losses his team had were his fault. In every other way he was superior to Leaf and it was not even close as regards the mental area and that is 90% of what a QB is.

Top Bottom