Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
There's a difference between what the scouts do, what Jerry does and what we do.

But we're all scouting.

To think Jerry's own evaluations don't play a role in who we draft is ridiculous. It's one of the dumbest statements in the history of message boards.

I didn't say Jerry evals don't play a role, but per himself, he usually defers to the scouts and coaches, who put the bulk of the work in and do the real scouting.

He knows they see a lot more of prospects and spend a lot more time evaluating them, catching things that his untrained and busy eye don't, than he does. What he sees during Senior Bowl and Combine workouts doesn't trump the year or more long work that the scouts have put into their evals. In addition to whatever they glean from the Senior Bowl and Combine. That's what I'm trying to pound into your thick head.

Last edited:

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
There'd be like 12 infractions in this thread already if we did that sort of thing.

That's 2 per page.

lol

Weak.

You guys can do better than this.

infraction_given.png

sbk92

Reaction score
I didn't say Jerry evals don't play a role, but per himself, he usually defers to the scouts and coaches, who put the bulk of the work in and do the real scouting.

He knows they see a lot more of prospects and spend a lot more time evaluating them, catching things that his untrained and busy eye don't, than he does. What he sees during Senior Bowl and Combine workouts doesn't trump the year or more long work that the scouts have put into their evals. In addition to whatever they glean from the Senior Bowl and Combine. That's what I'm trying to pound into your thick head.

If it didn't help define the draft board they wouldn't be there.

I'd say what's going on right now at the Senior Bowl has a huge impact. This is where you see them respond to pro coaching for the first time.

You can spin it any way you want. Jerry Jones scouts players. As all GMs in the league scout players. It's just that Jerry has no talent to do so.

Now I see why people use your dumbass quotes for signature lines.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
If it didn't help define the draft board they wouldn't be there.

I'd say what's going on right now at the Senior Bowl has a huge impact. This is where you see them respond to pro coaching for the first time.

You can spin it any way you want. Jerry Jones scouts players. As all GMs in the league scout players. It's just that Jerry has no talent to do so.

Now I see why people use your dumbass quotes for signature lines.

We already drew the line between real scouting and the pretend scouting that you, I and Jerry do.

and OMGOODNESSS 2 bad quotes?!! One that I didn't even say, and that's all you have? While 99.9% of what spews from your oral orifice is dumb, inbred bullshit.

BTW I didn't say the Combine and Senior Bowl don't help define the draft board. Again it doesn't cancel out the evaluations of before.

Last edited:

Plymkr

Reaction score
I'll end this.

Jerry Jones "wanted" Quincy Carter and drafted him.

Done deal. Jerry is clueless..

End of thread.

Reaction score
I agree. OLB is the least of our problems. People of the "educated" crowd are upset because Spencer is not Ware.

im with u on spencer always been a fan he plays the run well and people just get mad that he doesnt put up 14 sacks a year

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yep. It isn't. It is 10 yrs later and he still doesn't get the fact that HE is the problem.

He wants credit, there is no question about that. And he is the problem.

But he isn't going to go away until he dies.

And I think he has changed, and that change started with the hire of Bill Parcells.

Again, no player will be on the team unless Jason Garrett wants him.

Plymkr

Reaction score
We'll see about that last part soon enough. Of course, we will really never know.

He isn't going away , no doubt.

And Dallas will be going nowhere until that day comes.

Top Bottom