sbk92

Reaction score
Hey, check this out....

Jerry's down in Mobile watching the Senior Bowl practices because he's not doing any scouting.

He just enjoys the scenery.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Hey, check this out....

Jerry's down in Mobile watching the Senior Bowl practices because he's not doing any scouting.

He just enjoys the scenery.

He's doing what we're doing but with a field pass. For the umpteeth time, that's not actual scouting.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
There'd be like 12 infractions in this thread already if we did that sort of thing.

That's 2 per page.

lol

sbk92

Reaction score
He's doing what we're doing. That's not actual scouting.

It certainly is. The information they obtain down there, all the notes, the interviews, will effect the final draft board. And he is right smack dab in the middle of the process. Nobody's more influential.

I can not believe you actually think he doesn't scout players. He's the GM. All GMs scout players. It's their entire job.

But then again, you're the guy who thought Dez Bryant was a 3rd WR at best and Alan Ball was a borderline Pro Bowler.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It certainly is. The information they obtain down there, all the notes, the interviews, will effect the final draft board. And he is right smack dab in the middle of the process. Nobody's more influential.

I can not believe you actually think he doesn't scout players. He's the GM. All GMs scout players. It's their entire job.

But then again, you're the guy who thought Dez Bryant was a 3rd WR at best and Alan Ball was a borderline Pro Bowler.

Again, scouting takes place long before the Senior Bowl and Underwear Olympics (your favorite part of the scouting process where they line up in their undies, phag).

Last edited:

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I can not believe you actually think he doesn't scout players.

You're the only one who lives in your own personal fantasy world where you know exactly what every member of our front office does with regards to the draft. So you shouldn't really be that shocked when we don't see it your magical way.

sbk92

Reaction score
Again, scouting takes place long before the Senior Bowl and Underwear Olympics (your favorite part of the scouting process, phag).

Sure it does. It's year round. That's what your lower level scouting department's on the road for. To give the front office a background on that year's class.

But what that looks like in January and what it ends up being in April after the Senior Bowl, the Combine and the personal workouts/visits are two different things.

You need to brush up on how these teams approach the draft. You sound like a woman trying to talk football right now.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Sure it does. It's year round. That's what your lower level scouting department's on the road for. To give the front office a background on that year's class.

But what that looks like in January and what it ends up being April after the Senior Bowl, the Combine and the personal workouts/visits are two different things.

You need to brush up on how these teams approach the draft. You sound like a woman trying to talk football right now.

A background? lol just stfu.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score

But what that looks like in January and what it ends up being in April after the Senior Bowl, the Combine and the personal workouts/visits are two different things.

I don't know how anyone can argue this.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yeah, that's right. A background. A base to work off of in January.

All I will say is that if we're drafting based off of just what Jerry sees at the Senior Bowl and Combine, then we're in a world of trouble.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Nothing like a little misogyny to get the day started. I bet the ladies love you.

sbk92

Reaction score
All I will say if we're drafting based off of just what Jerry sees at the Senior Bowl and Combine, then we're in a world of trouble.

I didn't say that. I said he is involved in scouting. As are the coaches.

No, not year round. But this time of year. They are down there scouting right now. How can anyone possibly disagree with this?

You are scouting too. We all are. If you watch those practices and form any kind of opinion, you're doing your own scouting. It may be completely flawed, but it's scouting.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I didn't say that. I said he is involved in scouting. As are the coaches.

No, not year round. But this time of year. They are down there scouting right now. How can anyone possibly disagree with this?

You are scouting too. We all are. If you watch those practices and form any kind of opinion, you're doing your own scouting. It may be completely flawed, but it's scouting.

Here is where our miscommunication stems from. There's a difference in between what actual scouts do, and what us and Jerry do.

sbk92

Reaction score
Here is where our miscommunication stems from. There's a difference in between what actual scouts do, and what us and Jerry do.

There's a difference between what the scouts do, what Jerry does and what we do.

But we're all scouting.

To think Jerry's own evaluations don't play a role in who we draft is ridiculous. It's one of the dumbest statements in the history of message boards.

Top Bottom