Reaction score
@ConormcGregor5: Dana White says Aldo vs. McGregor will likely be in Dallas Cowboys Stadium and he would like Rousey vs. Tate 3 on there as well #UFC190

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Anything that distracts him from getting involved with important football decisions is fine with me

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I wish he would get drunk and grab Rousey's ass. Jerry would look good in a full body cast.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
@ConormcGregor5: Dana White says Aldo vs. McGregor will likely be in Dallas Cowboys Stadium and he would like Rousey vs. Tate 3 on there as well #UFC190

So you'd rather him be meddling with personnel and game planning decisions.

Genius stuff there Mid

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The stadium was built to host other events, and has been doing so since the beginning. You just find anything you can complain about.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So you'd rather him be meddling with personnel and game planning decisions.

Genius stuff there Mid

Are you saying he doesn;t do that? he's the GM. He's commented very often about what we need to do more of in terms of game planning. I think the rub is that he's a part time GM.

In any event, I can't blame him for marketing the stadium and hosting other events and Rynie is right.

Reaction score
The stadium was built to host other events, and has been doing so since the beginning. You just find anything you can complain about.

That's fine. But relinquish the GM title to a man who will live breath and eat football.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score

Don't be a fag.

It's not unreasonable to think some fans would prefer the GM to be focused on the actual football team. Maybe if we had a real one over the past 15 or so years we woulda won some shit that actually means something.

Having said that, I think it's clear Stephen is becoming the real GM of this team. So personally I'm not overly concerned with whatever the fuck Jerry is doing these days. I do think Jerry is great at marketing and business so my hope is that he sticks to that end of the Cowboys.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The stadium was built to host other events, and has been doing so since the beginning.
And the Cowboys have exclusive rights to book it and manage it. It's part of the deal.

True business genius of Jerruh: Get Arlington to build you a nearly 2 billion dollar edifice that can hold 100K+ people, and convince them to let YOU book it, manage it, and reap the profits while they get just the annual lease fee and a small percentage of the gate.

It was a brilliant business deal. City of Arlington owns the land and the building and therefore no property taxes for the club, and all of the insurance liability falls on the city too. They went for it as a "catalyst" for more tax revenue coming from the area as a result, and so far they've won that side of the bet too. It's been a win-win for everyone associated.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Don't be a fag.

It's not unreasonable to think some fans would prefer the GM to be focused on the actual football team. Maybe if we had a real one over the past 15 or so years we woulda won some shit that actually means something.

Having said that, I think it's clear Stephen is becoming the real GM of this team. So personally I'm not overly concerned with whatever the fuck Jerry is doing these days. I do think Jerry is great at marketing and business so my hope is that he sticks to that end of the Cowboys.

Your 2nd paragraph contradicts your first paragraph. That's why I laugh at people still complaining about Jerry. I hated the guy more than anyone, but we've been making nothing but solid moves the last few years.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Your 2nd paragraph contradicts your first paragraph.

No, actually it doesn't. Reread.

And don't pull the "oh I hated the guy more than anymore" shit... Don't do that when you get all pissy pants when some fans share a different opinion of him than yours.

Reaction score
Jerry's "solid move" was taking a step or two away from the helm and allowing Stephen to fill the void.

Not that Stephen is necessarily great, he's just more level-headed than his father.

Top Bottom