ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They had a little discussion on the Ticket on this topic this morning. The question was how much Jerry has stepped back from Garrett and running things overall. They (especially Dunham, who I think has more sources in the org) said he may have stepped back in the offseason with the draft and FA as he's let Stephen do more, but they aren't sure he'll back off once the season starts. They pointed out that only last year Jerry was down on the sideline giving Garrett "updates" in person when Tony got hurt against the Skins. Like they said, his suite has an elevator down to the sideline for a good reason.

Also, not sure I knew this, but the longstanding rumor is the coaches' headset communication is piped into his suite. :lol

Reaction score
It's pretty clear he has let Stephen do the contracts these last few offseasons. If Jerry were doing these, I would bet DeMarco and Dez would have both had deals, Ware would still be here, etc. I feel like that's one of the biggest things Jerry has stepped back from. The other stuff? I'm not so sure. He still has a big voice in the draft room I'm sure... but he may have stepped back a bit there.

But if it's just the contracts at this point, the fact he's stepped back some is a good thing. It will just continue until he's gone for good. I never thought he'd just give up the reigns in one fell swoop.

Reaction score
One can never be sure what Jerry might or might not do. I guess that should be taken as a given.

To me, the clearest first sign of Jerry moving back (or being moved back) was when the organization drafted Zach Martin over Johnny Football ... and the way that Jerry, after the draft, was grumbling like a 12 year old who was disenchanted with his parents' decision .

Did the people on the Ticket offer an explanation on why Jerry would step back during the offseason but not during the regular season? It would seem odd to me that Jerry would do such a thing.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Did the people on the Ticket offer an explanation on why Jerry would step back during the offseason but not during the regular season? It would seem odd to me that Jerry would do such a thing.
No they didn't, but to me the suggestion -- at least as I read them -- was maybe that the offseason stuff was more boring, but once the excitement of real games started up and things were actually being decided on the field, he might not be able to help himself.

One thing though, I wonder if Jerry is even physically going to be able to do as much as he used to. In the training camp PC pics, he looked pretty bad IMO. People have always made fun of his looks, but to me he looks like he's gotten a few years older in a few months, which can happen at that age. I still think the natural aging process is the only reason Jerry has stepped back at all -- not Stephen, not Garrett, not that he realized what he was doing wasn't working, but just that he can't do what he used to do.

BTW, another thing I've never heard was an old clip of Jerry recounting giving Switzer suggestions during a game. Apparently Troy was beat up and they'd already talked about leaving two backs in to help with pass protection, but during the game it wasn't happening as much. Troy got hit a few times, so Jerry went down there and told Barry to think about Troy being laid out on the turf and how bad that would be for the rest of the season. :lol

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Did you see the thread on Dallas Sports Radio on the zzzzone? Jterrell is such a Fan shill.

Ha, saw a little yesterday but didn't read that closely.

I just know I can't tolerate the Fan. Horrible. Ben and Skin seem to be their headline show and I absolutely can't stand those dudes.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They pointed out that only last year Jerry was down on the sideline giving Garrett "updates" in person when Tony got hurt against the Skins. Like they said, his suite has an elevator down to the sideline for a good reason.

Last season I got tickets to the Dallas vs. Giants game in New Jersey. I swore I wouldn't spend another dime on Jerry but I have a 16 year old son who's cursed with being a fan of the team, thanks to me, and he wanted to go see a game. Long story short, I got sideline passes before the game while the teams were warming up (because I got hooks like that.....just how Dodger rolls). As soon as I step through the concourse, guess who's there? You guessed it, Jerry himself. I give him credit. The guy is a rock star and markets his brand like no other owner in the NFL. He talked with fans, took pictures and, quite frankly, was a gentlemen. But make no mistake about it. He's the face of the franchise and absolutely adores and relishes the attention and limelight. He needs it like an alcoholic needs a drink. He just can't help himself and will never step away or stay off the sidelines.

Reaction score
One thing though, I wonder if Jerry is even physically going to be able to do as much as he used to. In the training camp PC pics, he looked pretty bad IMO. People have always made fun of his looks, but to me he looks like he's gotten a few years older in a few months, which can happen at that age. I still think the natural aging process is the only reason Jerry has stepped back at all -- not Stephen, not Garrett, not that he realized what he was doing wasn't working, but just that he can't do what he used to do.
He had a hip replacement like the week before going to California. All the shots of him I've seen, he's been sitting down. I certainly don't blame him... but that's probably why he's looking so bad.

Reaction score
Ha, saw a little yesterday but didn't read that closely.

I just know I can't tolerate the Fan. Horrible. Ben and Skin seem to be their headline show and I absolutely can't stand those dudes.
Yeah, I only switch over there if I'm in the car when the games are on, or if the Ticket post-game show is in a commercial. I don't listen to their shows during the week, but I've heard of them stealing a lot of the Ticket's bits. I didn't like Ben and Skin when they were on the Ticket, and I'm sure not going to follow them.

Reaction score
Cowboys fans are dumb. And they're reluctant to boo. So many Cowboys fans think Jerry is a hero or celebrity FFS. Naw... I want him dead ASAP. I'll take comfort in thinking one of the last thoughts to go through his head was how he never got to experience another SB and it was all his fault.

Reaction score
Cowboys fans are dumb. And they're reluctant to boo. So many Cowboys fans think Jerry is a hero or celebrity FFS. Naw... I want him dead ASAP. I'll take comfort in thinking one of the last thoughts to go through his head was how he never got to experience another SB and it was all his fault.
You should hear all the morons at training camp chanting Jerry's name. Cowboys fans are Idiocracy.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He does get treated like a rock star at camp, and an incredible number of Cowboys fans are morons, but I was thinking of the reports of how they had to stop putting him on the Jerrytron at the stajium a couple of years ago because he was getting booed during games.

I'd still like for one of those earthquakes to knock his huge tv screen to the turf one day when no one is in there, but it would probably be like when Billy Ray broke the Dukes' vase and he'd make money off the insurance.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
So, we're winning now, have a great team, good drafts, and you all are still crying about Jerry. I'm not a fanboy, but is like you all love to be miserable fucks. If we win a Super Bowl, you'll still find something to cry about.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So, we're winning now, have a great team, good drafts, and you all are still crying about Jerry. I'm not a fanboy, but is like you all love to be miserable fucks. If we win a Super Bowl, you'll still find something to cry about.
Again you fail to see the difference between legitimate skepticism and just negativity for the sake of negativity.

And we're NOT "winning now." We won four more games last year than the previous three. "Winning now" is when this happens over at least a couple more years, consistently. And it's not a "great team" it is a mediocre one that caught a LOT of breaks last season.
If we win a Super Bowl, you'll still find something to cry about.
I'll be happy for the Romos and Wittens of the world, but will simply HATE the fact it happened while Jerruh was alive.

What, everything's black and white to you?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Rynie's right, guys... I just took a few minutes to repeat over and over that everything about the Cowboys is perfection and the sun was brighter, my lunch tasted better, and my old lady got better looking.

Thanks Rynie!

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score

Bruh, you're the definition of a fanboy.

Not all is great within the Cowboys organization. It's ok to admit that. Doesn't make you less of a fan. Just like sucking the sweat off of Jerry's nuts doesn't make you more of a fan.

Top Bottom