GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So tell me cmd...what's it going to take for this season to be successful? You still haven't mentioned it

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Not that you are in this boat but that's another thing I don't get.

For years, the Garrett defenders have been saying 8-8 was progress because with league parity we are so close to being a contender.

Now we've surpassed 8 wins and that's enough, we don't need to make the playoffs and compete. Shouldn't we be competing by now? A team has gone to the Superbowl, sucked again, rebuilt and won a Superbowl in the time we've been relying on Romo.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So tell me cmd...what's it going to take for this season to be successful? You still haven't mentioned it

I've said it a ton of times. A playoff win.

Hell, I'll even take a competitive playoff game. Garrett not choking or shrinking in a clutch game would be an improvement.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well..season isn't over..so let's see how things go

One point i absolutely agree w is how long it took this shit to turn around...absolutely..I'm not saying I'm sold on garret...or he's a good coach...I'm just saying we surppased expectations

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe it is a sign of how far things have fallen...that's probably an accurate assessment...but it's not like this isn't anything we didn't know before the season started...we knew things have turned to shit around here

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Dude, I'm like you leading up to the draft...a fricken roller coaster.

24 hours ago I thought this team would lay down and get beat by the Bears.

Now, optimism has crept in and I'm hoping we show up for the Eagles game and actually win the division. Common sense is telling me no way we beat the Eagles and the Colts but until we don't, I'm going to root like hell we win these next 2 games.

Even last night's game showed us all how horrible this defense is. We should have crushed them but this team is soft and I think Garrett is to blame for that. I'm not trying to say "I was right" but despite my failed prediction on our team record but many of us nailed it when we said we have the offensive weapons to compete with teams but our defense is going to cost us. That's exactly what happened, we just have been able to outlast crappy teams.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Everybody knew we had a decent offense to and shitty defense

And yes..last night's last 15 mins of game time was pathetic...same Ole same Ole

Reaction score
I'm not really concerned with labeling a season a success or not. Truthfully, even though were having our best season since 2009... it doesn't feel satisfying to me. Mostly because I don't buy into this team - how it's coached and run.

I think were still a .500 team that caught some lucky breaks this year. It's no coincidence that we have such a horrid record against winning teams. Were just the best of the bad teams.

I'll be impressed if we win the division - which we won't.

I'll be doubly impressed if we win a playoff game - which we won't.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I still think we miss the playoffs. That shitty Redskins game hurts.

What makes it harder to take is that we killed ourselves in that one. Left points off the board and easily spotted Washington the game winning 3 points (Undie thief fumble).

Reaction score
I dont buy into the “who have they beaten” argument because its still the NFL. Anyone can beat anyone. Cowboys beat the Seahawks on the road, that proves that they can beat what i think is still the best team in the NFC. Cowboys also lost to the shitty Skins so they can be beaten by a lesser team. Each loss needs to be broken down and evaluated on its own.

I dont think this is a .500 team at all. They are much improved on the offense and i think the defense is a little better. Playoff team? I dont know. I think they could win 10 games, which would be a pretty big accomplishment, regardless.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dallas beat another bad team. Good for them.

They have two games coming up against teams with a winning record. We know what happens in those games. One of those are at home too, where they rarely win.

I really wish Chicago would've come back and won that game tonight. This just prolongs the agony and makes the red headed ****** extension a reality.

This will not end well.

Yeah. Very. sick.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I dont think this is a .500 team at all. They are much improved on the offense and i think the defense is a little better. Playoff team? I dont know. I think they could win 10 games, which would be a pretty big accomplishment, regardless.
Much "improved" only because they decided they better feature the running game - which is something those of us who believed they would win maybe five games had no idea they would do. We also had no idea that magically, during a contract season, Murray would beast it to beat all hell and avoid injury for the first time in his career.

It's a mediocre team. Has been for years and nothing has changed to any great degree. It just is what it is, or as Parcells said, "sometimes you are what you are."

That's what Dallas is. A mediocre team.

Enjoy the ride though.

Reaction score
I dont buy into the “who have they beaten” argument because its still the NFL. Anyone can beat anyone. Cowboys beat the Seahawks on the road, that proves that they can beat what i think is still the best team in the NFC. Cowboys also lost to the shitty Skins so they can be beaten by a lesser team. Each loss needs to be broken down and evaluated on its own.

I think the team is just a middling, average one. We beat the teams we are better than and lose to the ones that are better than us for the most part. Once in a while you lose to a team you should beat (Washington) or beat a team you shouldn't (Seattle). But those are the anomalies, it doesn't mean we're terrible when we lose to Wash or that we're great when we beat Seattle.

Top Bottom