Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I decided for the first time in a long time to shut off the game and go to bed. Then I see we almost let them back in the game. Wow
. This defense.

It's pathetic watching the Dlinemen flail at the LOS. Every now and then Crawford, Melton or Mincey will make an intrusion into the backfield, but not consistently enough.

I don't know how we got 7 sacks from George Selvie last year.

Reaction score
It was a game the Cowboys had to win to make the next game worth anything. So yea it was important. I thought the O-line was outstanding. Love to see the other running backs get more carries. Like to see TWill get a catch sometime this month. The Defense worries me. Need some form of a pass rush. Shocked Garrett went for two 4th downs. His tiny balls usually retract into his body on those type of situations.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
none of us expected 9 wins...i told all you schmucks the schedule wasnt that hard to begin with...now we have 9 wins and its bc we are beating shitty teams..yeah, well we arent that great either, so winning 9 games is a fucking accomplishment

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
so winning 9 games is a fucking accomplishment

Look at the combined records of the teams we beat.

I'm holding on to the hope we somehow win the division because I think our offensive style is harder to beat in the playoffs but let's not pretend we are beating solid teams.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I agree. In fact I remember reading or watching something years ago that pointed out when backs eclipse the 400 carry mark one year, they're basically not worth a shit the following year.

Have there even been that many?

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jerry has proven he's a moron so I don't know what he sees when he watches our game. Probably just looks for the waitress and his next drink.
Jason is a robot, programmed with cliches, so I don't know what he sees or feels when he watches the games.

I have to believe someone with some sort of say, Will McClay, Stephen Jones, someone, anyone...looks at this f'd up defense and knows that they have to fix that crap this off-season. This ground-and-pound attack is a perfect counter for all of these high flying offenses but it's really being wasted on this turn style we call a defense.

Jerry probably sees 2 of whatever he's looking at.

Dudes half through a handle by kickoff.

Reaction score
Have there even been that many?

A few. Like 5

Eddie George, James wilder, Jamal Anderson, and Larry Johnson.

All followed with worse years. Dickerson had the best. Went from 1800 on 400+ to only 1200 on 280 carries the following year.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It was a game the Cowboys had to win to make the next game worth anything. So yea it was important. I thought the O-line was outstanding. Love to see the other running backs get more carries. Like to see TWill get a catch sometime this month. The Defense worries me. Need some form of a pass rush. Shocked Garrett went for two 4th downs. His tiny balls usually retract into his body on those type of situations.

It's pretty funny that now the Colts game may not mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
you can score on the Colts. not ready to label that an automatic "L" yet.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It will.

If:
Seattle beats Philly

Then, we beat Philly we'd be up 1 game with 2 to go.

If in the next week we lose to Indy and they beat the mighty Redskins, we're tied and they have us on tiebreakers.

Then we'd have to beat the Redskins and hope the Giants somehow can beat the Eagles. So yeah, that Colts game is going to matter.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
you can score on the Colts. not ready to label that an automatic "L" yet.

Yep, and that's the kind of game Romo will make about a dozen comebacks. Luck is lighting up secondaries but he tends to make early mistakes. We would need to capitalize early and then grind it out and limit his opportunities, because that guy keeps coming.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Look at the combined records of the teams we beat.

I'm holding on to the hope we somehow win the division because I think our offensive style is harder to beat in the playoffs but let's not pretend we are beating solid teams.

You arent following...nobody here is arguing how good this year is...nobody thinks this team is great...when you size up strength of victory - you're arguing the caliber of said team...nobody is arguing that

The point is, nobody here, you and I included, thought this team would win 9 games...vs any caliber of competition...so the point is, this team has already easily surpassed anyone's expectations...regardless of who they have beaten

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I thought it was very possible to win 9 games, or even 10.

Nobody expected us to win 13 or even 11 games in 2007. Why wasn't that year seen as a success?

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
so the point is, this team has already easily surpassed anyone's expectations...regardless of who they have beaten

and how that is good enough for you is amazing to me. Who cares if you are the best team not to make the playoffs. To me, that is worst case scenario.

Jaguars have won their 2nd game....Woo hoo! They passed expectations. Playoff wins have been, are, and will be the measurement of success in the NFL. Anything else is nonsense.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Nobody is arguing good enough vs not good enough...how can you even have this conversation when the season is still going? It's not over right now...

The point is you were wrong...that's it..

Now all of a sudden you don't want to admit you were wrong and you want to change the argument to, this isn't good enough...

So we are clear, why don't you clearly state what will be good enough going forward between now and end of yr?

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The whole country knew we had one of the shittiest defenses in ythe league...that held true...and you fucks are talking about who have we beat? Who the fuck are we?

We are 9-4...doesnt matter how...it's been a surprise to say the least...and if you are arguing otherwise, youre lying to yourself

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I don't get why seemingly intelligent people on the internet are so caught up in who was wrong. Yes, I was wrong. I thought we'd be a 6-10 or 7-9 team. Guys getting paid millions of dollars make predictions on TV and in magazines and are wrong every year. Do you call them up on radio shows and say "ha, ha you were wrong, nothing else matters"?

It's one thing when all you do is tell people who wrong they are and bully people around who don't agree with you. That's fine. I just don't get this obsession that some posters have. You were wrong about Morris Claiborne. I'm sure you made bad calls on other things. Does this now mean everything you say is stupid?

As soon as I saw we were committed to the run and not throwing the ball 50 times a game, I thought playoffs were possible. My feeling is that with the talent we have on offense we should win a playoff game.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't get this line of thinking.

So if someone expected five wins this year (which was crazy IMO), the minute we got to 6-1 the season was a success? Even if we lost our last 9 games in a row?

BTW, those 7-win projections wouldn't have been wrong if Tony's back had never recovered, or Tyron Smith and Dez got hurt, or a few bad penalties are called, or several other things had happened.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No. That's also not what I'm saying.i don't just go around saying people are wrong...and laugh at them..I'm not laughing at you...I clearly stated I was wrong too..

The POINT is...we didn't expect to win 9 games, not only is the season not over, so it's possible to accomplish more...but even if we don't...it should be considered a successful season if this team makes the postseason just bc this team isn't very good...they have a lot of holes..and nobody thought it was even possible..

Just bc you revised your expectations mid season doesn't change anything...if anything, it makes you look silly for increasing your expectations...I didn't...and I wont

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No. Winning 6 instead of 5 doesn't warrant being happy...but if this team makes the playoffs when nobody expected it, you should consider it a success...

Top Bottom