InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
I filled up at a station just out of Houston the other day and paid $2.48 per gallon. Most stations in the area are anywhere from the low $2.50's to high $2.70's across Southeast Texas between Beaumont and Houston (my daily 170 mile round trip commute)
Of course y’all near oil refineries and price is less than us in wa….

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
I live within 10 miles of four refineries including the highest volume one in the country. I used to work at one of them. I still work for the same company but now I am at a specialty chemical plant.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It actually went down here 4 cents on Thursday, sitting at $2.84 now.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Your state tax on a gallon of gas is 50 cents per gallon. Not so for Texas. By the way I am far from refineries, and the prices here are much lower than in the Houston area. Population density and consumer demand are what increases prices, didn't they teach you that in HS economics classes?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Massachusetts yesterday
$2.89 regular
$2.99 diesel

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The local gas prices for Labor Day weekend here in Los Angeles are the highest they have ever been with an average price of $4.40 per gallon. $5 per gallon here we come!

Just for comparisons sake, this time last year the average price per gallon for Labor Day was $3.20.

Thank you California voters! You fucking idiots.

Last edited:

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
whether I fill up my Altima or my Highlander, it's 48-52 bucks. Last year this time, it was half that. I would what could have changed?

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
I paid $2.49 per gallon this morning just outside of Houston when I filled up on the first part of daily 170+ mile round trip to work and back home. I recently purchased a new Toyota Corolla for my big commute. Driving a full size truck was killing me

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
And a few months ago you predicted...

Hidden tax is the "summer blend" for gasoline, drives prices up even further.
You should actually get better MPG with "summer" gas. In the summer the RVP(Reid Vapor Pressure) limits go down in the summer, meaning they have to put less volatile components in the gas. In the winter the RVP limits go up. They add more butane to the gas in the winter. Butane is a C4 when most of the rest of the gas is (Cat) Naphtha which is usually C7 or higher. Higher carbons means more BTU's per gallon which translates into better mileage.

I can tell you just about everything you would want to know about making gasoline. I managed the laboratory at a refinery for a long time back in the day.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This was in Beverly Hills yesterday. I’m actually surprised that it’s not higher than this right now.
8dcfc605f226ce3ddea6836b4d41ee09.jpg

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I paid about $3.20 for regular, cash price. I used to pay under $2. I think it is only going to go higher, like everything else.

Top Bottom